Beloved Busa vs. ZX 10

Group: Members
Avg posts/day:0.79

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
just my 2 cents here,

if a person is going to resort to nos, turbos, superchargers and doing other mods to a machine to beat a stock machine or a machine that has less performance mods then he or she already lost the race.  plus, why race to begin with if the results are given already.  i agreed w/ most, these bikes are pretty even now so if a person looses/wins, that just means one has more skills or got a better launch than the other in the 1/4 mile race.  

[/QUOTE]

Cmon chief (stock machine for stock machine), I can agree with you on this to some degree but isnt Kaw just "pushing" the zx10 stock motor to its limits? Not until this year was it able to stomp down on the Bus, why?  So why is it unfair for a Busa owner to unleash his potential  power like Kaw has done to the zx10 ?  One good reason might be because of the speed act all motorcycle manufactures agreed  not to produce a bike with speeds over 186 mph back in 1999.  This is where the rider take matters into his own hands and  put those lil litre bike back in check and remain on top of the block if he or she so chooses to do so.  

Bottom Line, the Busa stock motor has more kick azz potential power than any stock block, it just needs to be released  like Kaw has done for the the zx10.

Dont hate the Busa hate the game baby  
wink.gif

that is exactly my point!!! and besides its always nice to have an edge on any competetor. i mean we all know that the busa is and should always be on top......so why not that little extra to keep it there.... thanx rythem for the support.

Just so everyone knows I love the zx10's they are great bikes and run their a$$ off. But being a racer I will never sell my busa to buy a zx10 because like Rythm said the busa has so much potential.
tounge.gif

I haven't dragged the bike yet, so I can't answer your question about launching.  However, I keep hearing the ZX10 comparison, and I feel like ranting.  Don't take it personally
smile.gif

[rant]
The new liter RACE bikes are equivalent to, if not slightly quicker than, the Busa in all out runs, and will take the Busa in the corners.  That being said, the margins are VERY close, meaning that actual performance is up to the rider, not the machine.

If the people you talk with are impressed by numbers, print some up and give them to them.  It doesn't particularly matter what they are, since anyone can find someone's dyno numbers to support their claims.  The fact is, it's too close to call definitively.

Liter race bikes and the Hayabusa are NOT the same class of bike.  If you were to treat them like cars for purposes of comparison, the ZX10 is like a Ferrari F50, and the Hayabusa is like a Ferrari 550 Maranello (albeit with a supercharger).  Both vehicles are insanely fast.  Both will get you from zero to dead before you realize it.  Both are superb machines.  But, one is a track machine, the other is a GT (gran turismo or grand touring) machine.  (And I can already hear the guffaws from people who don't agree with my analogy, but I don't care.) I've just spent the past three days making long rides on highways on my 05 Busa.  At the end of the day my neck is a bit sore (from all that crouching to maintain 100+ without freezing) but other than that, not a bit of a problem eating up 1500 miles.  And I still have about 3000 more to go before this vacation is done.  Would I do that on a ZX10?  Not on your life (no matter what BT says
smile.gif
)  Would it be more comfortable on an ST1300 (think supercharged Mercedes coupe in the car comparison?)  Of course!  Does it matter if you already have a Busa?  Nope.

If your ego can't take the fact that the march of technology will make your machine out of date in a couple years, I recommend getting a turbo and be done with it.  Then you can laugh at all the other bikes out there and all doubts about whose cock is bigg--  I mean whose bike is fastest will be erased.
[/rant]
Well said......you must be an old sensible fart like me
wink.gif

But not too old right?
super.gif

smile.gif

alright so back to the topic here.... stock vs. stock i better have my game in check..... otherwise cheat my ass off and get as much high performace gear that i can and when im ready to race the 10 i will put him in his place. am i on the right track?

if that is the case what would you all recommend as far as performace enhancements with a pretty small budget?

<!--EDIT|beunes
Reason for Edit: None given...|1101280486 -->

after reading some of these other posts i saw that about going one down up front and possibly considering going 2 up in the rear. would that be helpful or is that too much? i do understand that it will hurt top speed but im not trying to do 186 mph in the quarter. however i would like to eventually make the 200 mph mark (maybe in a few years).

i have heard horror stories about straping the front end but the dog bones are on the X-mas list as well as a sprocket. im not only interested in track but also street so lowering is a good thing but how low is too low? but thanx for your input painless4u.

The Busa is the king of speed in stock form ( completely stock, no mods). And no other bike will dethrone it unless they lift the speed limiter restiction. In the 1/4 and HP its the ZX10R and 2005 everybody be alittle disappointed that the GSXR1000 (maybe)is more powerful and quicker in the 1/4. And in a year or 2 there be a quicker bike.

Not bein' a bobo or anything but if you have to ask what you need to do to beat him you'd better hope he's havin' to ask someone how to beat you, too. The bikes are close enough in the real world that rider skill and sometimes luck decides which bike wins. I haven't ran a busa (or technically raced anyone side by side yet) but I've left every bike that has tried to hang with me so far. I hope to get a chance to do some roll ons with a local busa eventually. I think it would have been interesing before the 16t cs sprocket. Should be even more interesting now.
devil.gif

Seriously man, it sounds like you need to forget about racin' and just get some more seat time on the busa. When you're experienced enough on it and ready to race you won't have to ask what you need to do. Tryin' to do it before that is just askin' for trouble. At the very least you could get yer ass handed to ya and give us 10 guys another busa kill story and notch on our swingarm.
laugh.gif
Hey Bullet Train...How much do you weigh? Cuz if that's you in that picture sitting on that ZX-10R, I'll give you 10 and the hit from a dead stop...Hell I'll give you the same race in a roll on.

You can't be winning many races if you weigh 250+lbs unless everyone you race weighs the same or more.

Let the flaming began!

man
i have raced alot (illegally)
in industrial park where there is nobody at night.
i got dozen of races but not on the busa and if you ask me at what rpm do I launch,
i would not be able to tell you BECAUSE I FELL THE BIKE AND JUST KNOW THAT IT'S GOING TO BE GOOD.
Some people are more technical and that's fine.
But I think that felling the bike is what you need to concentrate on.
Not staring at the rev-o-meter (new word) and miss your lunch cuz you didn't see the flag go down.
biggrin.gif

my money is on u....the zx10's frame will break @ the 1/8 mile mark, busa by a mile
wink.gif

man
i have raced alot (illegally)
in industrial park where there is nobody at night.
i got dozen of races but not on the busa and if you ask me at what rpm do I launch,
i would not be able to tell you BECAUSE I FELL THE BIKE AND JUST KNOW THAT IT'S GOING TO BE GOOD.
Some people are more technical and that's fine.
But I think that felling the bike is what you need to concentrate on.
Not staring at the rev-o-meter (new word) and miss your lunch cuz you didn't see the flag go down.
biggrin.gif
I've raced alot legally and illegally too and one thing I know you need to know to run consistent quarter mile times is your launch RPM.

3-4k is about all you need to get a good launch.

Oh and BTW, it's "FEEL" the bike, not "fell" the bike.

<!--EDIT|btreaves
Reason for Edit: None given...|1101306891 -->

Liter race bikes and the Hayabusa are NOT the same class of bike.
Gonna have to agree with you on this. Busas were made, and have remained basically unchanged, back when there was a race for a 200mph streetbike. It is relatively big, has crazy gearing, and its relatively comfortable. Although the liter bikes have closed the gap in <150mph acceleration, that was never what the Busa was made for. It was made to go 200mph and the fact that it had great acceleration down low is just a byproduct of this effort. If you want to blow the footpegs off of the new liter bikes down low you can go -1/+2 with sprockets and still probably beat them in top-end speed

laugh.gif
No doubt !
If your ego can't take the fact that the march of technology will make your machine out of date in a couple years, I recommend getting a turbo and be done with it.  Then you can laugh at all the other bikes out there and all doubts about whose cock is bigg--  I mean whose bike is fastest will be erased.
[/rant]
[/QUOTE]

Back