Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14R vs Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R: Make Love, Not War

There is an eBay add from a dealer with an OTD price of $13198. Sportcyclerockingham.

Not a bad price. Later in the year these will be about $2000 cheaper I guess.

TheDayDay.....congrats! :thumbsup:

Do you plan on having it dynoed?

My only comment would be to sell all the bikes and get a proper garage first.... :poke:

:laugh:

Thats awesome that you bought another bike so that I can ride when I come visit! You really didnt have to......

Well.. onto more important info.. How much was she and was the insurance cost similar?

$13979 OTD which includes EVERYTHING... freight and prep, NJ tax, title, registration, etc.. EVERYTHING. So it was a really good deal. It was supposed to be delivered Dec. 19th, but the dealership basically just stopped contacting me after I put the down payment. I almost cancelled the transaction but stuck around because no one else was willing to price match their price. It all worked out in the end.

I pay about $60/month for my Busa with State Farm. The ZX-14R is $105/month, although State Farm told me that the motorcycle isn't in their system yet so there might be some adjustments that need to be made (they're basing the current payment on the 2011 ZX-14).

I'm having a blast on my new zx14r so far ..

1300hemibusa, bike looks beastly with all the mods. Florida, I'm jealous. It's freezing this week in NYC... and snowing!!!

Dayday, sounds like Baybay`s kids. :laugh:, looking to hear more about the bike.

Hahaha, you're not the first one who has said that to me. Hopefully by March I can get to riding again.

TheDayDay.....congrats! :thumbsup:

Do you plan on having it dynoed?

My only comment would be to sell all the bikes and get a proper garage first.... :poke:

:laugh:

Thanks my man! I have no plans to dyno it. Maybe one of these days I will. With the exception of painting the side fairings and putting on a Two Brothers exhaust I don't think I'm going to mod anything else performance-wise. I don't race so really I have no motivation. Haha, I'm currently living in an apartment in NYC, so I have to keep all these things in my storage unit garage in NJ for now. I've thought about buying a house before, but I've still got a lot of things to do before I settle down and commit to something as big as a mortgage. Not going to lie though, I get jealous when people take pics of their bikes in their super nice garages that they can go to any time they want. And besides, when I do sell these bikes it will be in 2014 when I upgrade and get the Gen III Busa. :laugh:

Thats awesome that you bought another bike so that I can ride when I come visit! You really didnt have to......

Haha, come down to the IMS show in NYC this Saturday! I'll buy you a beer, then we can drive down to my storage unit and you can test ride it in 10 degree weather and snow, hehe.

Super Bike. Many congratulations. Lets get some reviews straight from the horses mouth !

My preliminary review: They're both awesome bikes. :) I'll probably make a topic again once I get 200+ miles on both bikes during the Spring, I'm sure it's something people will be interested in... but like I said, from an aesthetic point of view... so far, I love 'em both.

105/month. That's based off of the 2011 14's? I'm also threw state farm. Fantastic coverage and plans. I do hope that it goes down for you. Not fun paying that much.

It is a good looking machine. LOTS better compared to the prior 14's. HID's in the future? That would be my first ugrade. LoL..

My preliminary review: They're both awesome bikes. :) I'll probably make a topic again once I get 200+ miles on both bikes during the Spring, I'm sure it's something people will be interested in... but like I said, from an aesthetic point of view... so far, I love 'em both.[/QUOTE]

I can see red on the fins and reflective red tape on the wheels. Blacked out rear tail lights, puig db and either brocks or black series two brothers pipes. A refined looking bike with all those new features.

Later this year I'm waiting to catch a good deal on a left over black 2011 busa but zx14 is pleasing to the sight and whispering things in my ear. :D

105/month. That's based off of the 2011 14's? I'm also threw state farm. Fantastic coverage and plans. I do hope that it goes down for you. Not fun paying that much.

It is a good looking machine. LOTS better compared to the prior 14's. HID's in the future? That would be my first ugrade. LoL..

I live in the North East, not only is the Winter weather atrocious here, EVERYTHING is also 20-25% more expensive than everywhere else in the U.S.. I am also 28 with a moving violation in the last 5 years, I'm sure that doesn't help. I remember when I was shopping around for insurance for the Busa... Geico, All State, and Progressive were all quoting me $300-400 per month!!! I actually discovered Hayabusa.org and State Farm while googling about best insurance for Hayabusas.

I can see red on the fins and reflective red tape on the wheels. Blacked out rear tail lights, puig db and either brocks or black series two brothers pipes. A refined looking bike with all those new features.

Later this year I'm waiting to catch a good deal on a left over black 2011 busa but zx14 is pleasing to the sight and whispering things in my ear. :D

Hey KFORCE1, did you get my PM?

Personally, if I could only chose one, I'd go with the Busa. It's not as comfortable, but it's nowhere near a deal breaker. I just prefer the look of the Busa and the brand name I guess haha. Either way, like I said, you can't lose.

love the looks of the new 14 in black. you can't beat the best of both worlds. :thumbsup:

Congrats, you have a nice stable :thumbsup:

Thanks guys!

Dayday, sounds like Baybay`s kids. :laugh:, looking to hear more about the bike.

Hey 1300HB, I guess the surgery went well.
Yes it went well ... The Meds they have me on are making me feel much beter .. It seems i get a little better each day ( knock on wood ) .. I do have some set backs now and then but still much better than before ..

Bring them both to the Bash in April. You wont regret it!

Back