2012 zx-14r

From reading this article I'm not all that concerned, Gen I ruled from 1999-2006. In 2006 the 14 is released and nearly matched the Gen I. In 2008 the Gen II is released, fixed almost all the complaints and stroked the motor, just to silence all naysayers. Now we're entering 2012 and it's a battle kawi can't win, so they did everything they can including Ricky Gadsens contract, and giving all the goodies away for 1K. No HP numbers released, should be all over 200 RWHP with the 1440 cc. New wheels for a whopping 3.3 pound diet, traction control. Everything else sounds like the Gen II improvements. Surprised by the sub 15K price tag, was guessing sub 17K. They increased displacement 90cc, added traction control, lightened the wheels 3.3 pounds, made many engine improvements for 1K.

It's still ugly as azz, and probably won't have any impact in the world of performance where the Busa has reigned supreme for 12 years. There is only one King and until someone throws a leg across the new 14 and proves otherwise the 14 is merely the court jester.

First thing why are you guy's giving kawasaki any merit on a suzuki hayabusa site! One Rickey is a good friend of mine he is Kawasaki #1test jockey! The avg. rider will go faster on a busa.2 if your busa not fast enough guess what there are more go fast stuff for a busa than a zx14,any 1000 combined! Take this kaw crap to there site not here!

First thing why are you guy's giving kawasaki any merit on a suzuki hayabusa site! One Rickey is a good friend of mine he is Kawasaki #1test jockey! The avg. rider will go faster on a busa.2 if your busa not fast enough guess what there are more go fast stuff for a busa than a zx14,any 1000 combined! Take this kaw crap to there site not here!

Because the 14 is a great bike in its own right. It may not be for everyone out there but it is a beast. I personally don't like it or Harleys but respect the bikes and owners.
Now that doesn't mean a jab or two won't be thrown but it will be in good fun only!!!

from my dunce stool via tapatalk

hey chief, this is a 'general bikes topic' area. don't be so close-minded.
I agree :thumbsup:
And personally I like the 14, its a nice bike, and I think the new one looks even better than the old. But I don't think its worth rushing out to buy if you already have a gen2 busa. Now if you have a gen 1 :laugh: ...................

I would like to see that race on the video with a good rider in a neutral setting. How about Rickey Gadsden on the 14 and Ryan Schnitz on the Busa???
That would be a race!!

All and all they have produced a good bike, give credit, where credit is due, but the name Hayabusa just sounds so much better than ZX14r, not to mention the styling.

But this goes to Mr Koji Yoshiura at SUZUKI, this is your wake up call, the gauntlet has been thrown down. Suzuki, its time you show us what you are made of and settle this once and for all.

Maybe they should of styled it like this rather

FUGGLY.jpg

I just cant get past the head lights on them and the grills on the sides. i was hoping for something along the lines of a total transformation of the bike. well i guess we will just have to wait for the next time they try to do something right with this bike

I will have to admit, looks like Kawi pulled a fast one over Suzuki for 2012. I dont know why Kawi made a different ZX14R for 2012 but it does have a bigger engine then our Busas. I guess the engineers took a vacation in building the 2012 and just made some new decals. Sorry folks I dont see our busas beating the new Kawi14. I love my Busa anyways.

Kawi has answered the bell with the new 14. I like it, but love my Busa. These bikes need eachother in order to improve eachother. Years ago i had a 2000 ZX9R which was great. Got a TL1000R after that, loved it too. Then I manned up I got my Busa. A true king! Suzuki now must get back up, and gives us what we need, and not take 2 or 3 years. It's not a good feeling when 1000s can run with you. I'm not going to hate on Kawi, I'll give them credit. They have set the bar. It ain't a good fight unless both fighters get knocked down and get back up to answer the count.

The last time I rode a Kawasaki was in the 70's, it was a 900 and on a track day at around 115mph down the straight I got a real bad speed wobble. Sold it, never rode one since.

So the new 14 will cost slightly North of $14,000. If they move the decimal point left one, I might consider.

The Busa MSRP for around $13,000. If they double the price, I would still buy it. Shhhh, don't tell Suzuki. :whistle:

I would like to see that race on the video with a good rider in a neutral setting. How about Rickey Gadsden on the 14 and Ryan Schnitz on the Busa???
That would be a race!!

Sorry Ryan only does 6 second runs :rofl:

I dont quite understand all the bashing either... Kawi has made some significant improvements in the new 14. I personally like the new look and would love one in the green color. The front end is much improved from the old version, the george foreman grills are gone for a simpler design, 100 more ccs and the new wheels look trick. You guys are right- that does look like a gen2 exhaust, traction control is a great upgrade too.

We can only hope that Suzuki will have an answer......

Please throw us a bone !

I like the 14 and the black bike looks sharp but I'm not in the market for another bike. It will be intersting to see what comes from Suzuki though!

Back