My Dilemma

Not really but I have had two close calls this month alone and a spill last month. The spill was in the rain and going down was probably a blessing because there was little damage and had I not slide I would have hit the car in front of me. I'm a decent rider and good with the brakes and throttle. But you can still get bit, especially when you typically ride for 7-9 hours at a time. It's pretty hard to concentrate for 9 hours like you can on a couple laps at a track day.

To make my position clear I'm not anti ABS/TC. I think elecontronic aids are cool as hell and I did pass on a '11 ZX-10r this year because they didn't have one I wanted with abs. I guess the point I was trying to make was if you don't need it why do you want it? It wasn't a deal breaker for you when you bought the bike right? TC and ABS are kind of recent options for sportbikes. They may just be a fad for sportbikes, who knows? If you need to constantly have the newest tech the only way your going to get that done is probably buying a new bike every couple years.

What are your upgrades are you thinking of for suspension, brakes and wheels? What kind of bike are you trying to make here?

I am a track racer. I still want my road bikes to have ABS and TC. Conditions on a track is different from the road - track conditions are uniform, it is not full rubbish like sand/gravel/oil/etc. Road conditions vary all the time, therefore having ABS and TC is better. Tires used on the track are also different from road tires, therefore I can expect to have better grip and braking on the track. If I would brake on my road bike like my track bike, the front will lose grip and slide. Again ABS & TC are aids to help you keep you bike under control on the roads.

If there were ABS aftermarket kits, I would have one fitted on my busa.

Back