Luggage dilemma

Why no go on the soft luggage? The reason I ask is because the Ventura system is worth checking out and it is a very solid setup. I had one on a Yamaha FZ1 and a fellow member and riding buddy has one on his Gen1 and he speaks highly of it.

Suzuki GSX 1300R K8-K9 Hayabusa (08-09) motorcycle luggage, hard soft motorcycle luggage, racks, touring luggage | Ventura

Not knocking soft luggage at all, I already have soft panniers and a tank bag already, have used it a many times and given a choice still would! And could then spend the money on new cans ! Basically need the convenience, waterproofing and most important extra security that comes with hard luggage. She who must be obeyed has spoken!

Perhaps I should have started with :

Are the Givi V35s actually any slimmer than other Givi side boxes on a K8 busa ?
They are supposed to tuck in but don't look as though they tuck in as much as they do on other bikes, which surely defeats the point ? Perhaps I'm missing something ?

Are the V35s any better when riding with them as opposed to the other side boxes ?
More aerodynamic, less wobbles, better handling etc ?
Or are they just gimmick ?

I have looked at Hepco&Becker and Krauser, and still prefer Givi because I will be using the LED lights that are available.
And all my friends have got one ! :laugh:

I would give the Renntec a look. I think it follows the lines well. I use the rack constantly on my 2003 and I'm thinking of purchasing the tail pack and having the Kanji embroidered on it for a finishing touch.

I have SW Mototech racks and Givi e21 small bags. The great thing about the mounts is that you can put any size GIVI bag on the mounts are the same. I put my clothes in the bags and have a MAGS bag which slings across the seat and the ends sit ontop of the bag lids. Inside the Mags Bag I have my tent, thermorest, sleeping bag, kermit chair and shower stuff including sandals. If you're going to do some serious touring go with the hard bags. I have about 17,000 miles on the Busa touring around the country this past year and have had both systems in place. My RKA bags are like new and for sale but honestly for the type of touring you want to go hard bags. Wardie

this is one old thread...but here is a picture of my SW Mototech racks w/Givi sidebags and top case...2hip

Hayabusa bagger install 07-09 009.jpg

Hayabusa bagger install 07-09 007.jpg

DIVORCE HER:laugh: OR BUY RHE KAWASAKI CONCOURS DO NOT RUIN YOUR BIKE WITH THESE %$%$#&

Last edited:
I really like my Corbin bags, I ride year round and always have my rain gear, mini compressor and other assorted items with me at all times. Yes they are not cheap but knowing they are always going to be left on I think the bike still looks pretty good in my opinion. They aren't the biggest but I've do many long (over 3000 mile) trips and find they work well enough for me. I just put my valuables in soft bags and take them into the motel for the night when traveling. In fact when my 2005 tells me it's time to retire her I would not hesitate on buying another pair for the new Busa....Rick

216.JPG

225.jpg

003.JPG

i don't think soft luggage is an option for me as in scotland it rains nearly all the time & i use my bike in all weather + i like to get cheap weekend breaks so more room is better , my busa is 5 mths old & has done 5,000 mls allready , it got its 1st service @ 2 weeks old ! i went from a vx800 to the busa , its my 1st sports bike & i luv it i don't think i could of picked a better bike .

Trust me, check out the Ventura.. they are made to take the water....

You guys do some long distance riding if you need that much space. I usually get away with a small tank bag/backpack or a small set of tailbags.

It's not the space BIG GUY it's the time away from home and what is needed to stay at the track/campground/beach etc. to make it comfortable. If I'm going to Alabama from Ohio to Barber Motorpark I'll be gone for 4 or 5 days camping at the track. Need a good nights sleep so the Thermorest, I like sitting around the campfire BS'ing all night so I like the Kermit Chair. Gotta have a cooler for ICE COLD BEER and water (LOL) and the list goes on. Hey I could have a tarp and just a sleeping bag and I did when I was 21 but things won't work well the next day if I do that now that I'm 58.... Please could someone tell the AARP that I am NOT INTERESTED in joining?

Back