Second bike dilemma!

89mustang

Registered
I'm wanting to get another bike just for the street. My current gen 2 busa is turning more and more into a drag bike. I know this is a hayabusa forum but I've thought about getting a new zx14r just really for street use and occasional swb stuff at the track. I've been doing some reading and talking to people about them and everyone loves their 14. I'll never get rid of my gen 2. Anyone here have both or owned a 14? Any pros/cons?

Flip side of the coin another gen 2 busa would be nice. Could transfer some parts off current bike. Familiar with the platform. I think the Ecu editor is top notch. Just finding a nice gen 2 is the hard part.

Any thoughts?

14 is pain in but to work on . Do you want to go real fast on the street ? If not there are better choices for much less coin . FYI I work on/ride several customers
ZX14's . I dont own/want one , and I bleed green

That's what I'm talking about. No one says that! I was reading about secondary butterflies that have to be removed. The Ecu isn't as handy as the busa's. Lotta little things I guess. I know they're fast. Seen a lot of 8.90's-9.0 pases swb. But this is really just gonna be a street bike for the most part. Just something to hop on and ride.

That's what I'm talking about. No one says that! I was reading about secondary butterflies that have to be removed. The Ecu isn't as handy as the busa's. Lotta little things I guess. I know they're fast. Seen a lot of 8.90's-9.0 pases swb. But this is really just gonna be a street bike for the most part. Just something to hop on and ride.

Then buy something different to hop on , and ride . If you dont you will end up with two drag bikes but can only ride one at a time . Then one will get benched .
Try a FJR1300 or 1250 bandit . something quick ( not fast ) ,but easy to just hop on to ride with no hassles

A Concours has the ZX14 motor - detuned but still fast enough for a street bike.

Just saying something different would be a change of pace.

Have you considered a adventure or a touring bike ? its a nice different segment of bike conpared to the busa :thumbsup:

Thanks for the replies! I've looked at a few k1600gtl's. Buddy has one its an impressive bike. I haven't looked at adv. bikes at all. Ill look into the concourse and fjr. Just not sure which way I want to go haha.

Depends on your size. I loved my 2009 R1, very fun bike , quick, handled great and sounded good as well.

I owned an 02 R1. I loved it. But I don't really want a liter bike again. What I like about the busa and th 14 is they're kinda jack of all trades. Smac looks like you owned a 14

If you really want something different from your busa how about the m109r, real beast of a bike. Love everything about mine except 2nd gear engagement lol

My buddy that owns the BMW had a m109r. It was an awesome bike! Impressive for a cruiser! I'm just not sure yet what I'm wanting to get yet. On one hand a touring bike like the k1600 would be great. Ride it to work, have a radio, wife would love it. Other hand I hate to spend that kinda money and get bored with it. I'm not a big cruiser guy. No wind protection I live in rural Illinois. Busa has some protection from wind and hard to get bored with that. Decisions decisions:banghead:

don't really see the point in a 14 if u already have a Gen II. both bikes are similar as far as function, size, power, gas mileage and reliability in stock form. I get it urs is more drag but id go somethn more comfortable with a nice stereo with heated grips/seat etc.... and a shield a real shield of some sort. those choices are long. the Concours is very kool!!!

I too have a bike that is more drag then street and looked into buying another bike even a liter bike but even tho its set up to drag race it doesn't have cut rails, shorter tank and the seat is still stock. I keep the gearing reasonable so I'm not at 10,000 rpm cruising at 50 mph lol

but mine is a turbo bike vs nitrous so it can wear two hats a little easier. I happen to like the 14. although I do think they look far better stretched but that wud defeat ur purpose I guess. maybe u need an H2?:thumbsup:

Back