If I worked for Suzuki...

sailboatjoe

Registered
If I had my dream job and worked for Suzuki motorcycle Research and Development here is what I would put on the next Generation Hayabusa. New 2016 Hayabusa flag ship of the Suzuki fleet needs to have the same advanced front suspension as the GSXR 1000. The Brembo brakes that is already has with ABS. A Suzuki traction and lunch control system. Foot controls powder coated to match the frame. Lighter exhaust. Updated the program on the ECU to up the horse power. Keep the body and frame the same to save cost on styling. Suzuki could give the world the best handling most powerful bike ever.
All the Hayabusa needs is more power and the best suspension Suzuki makes. It wouldn’t cost too much extra to develop because it already exists on the GSXR1000 just beef it up a little. Hell I’ll come safety test it. I know Suzuki builds the best hyper sport bikes in the world.

I was about to argue, but absolutely agree with OP... with the exception that I don't want any machine to control how I eat my lunch. :moon:

If - that is a BIG IF and since you don't work for Suzuki whats the point - other then dreaming.

Yes it is a dead horse for the most part.

IF Suzuki's were made in the USA there might be a tiny chance that we could have some real input - But that IF doesn't exist either.

More power - Really. Don't you have enough to kill yourself now and need more?
When it really comes down to it - the RIDER makes as much or more of a difference then just adding more power.
Not to mention that if you don't have enough for your liking then you can add a Turbo to it, etc.

I'm pretty sure that everyone that has a Busa could/would have some tips for an upgrade whenever that might happen.
However, you can't please all the people all the time. Because the Busa can be used in so many different roles Suzuki can't
make one Busa that will appeal to everyone - I guess that is what modifications are for. :laugh:

But it is nice to (day) dream. :whistle:

The rearsets are not black as your boot will wear through the coating exposing the silver aluminum. Suzuki would have a warranty nightmare with this after a riding season.
The Busa needs a suspension update and to lose weight. But that's a double edged sword as the Busa's weight makes it a stable bike on the open road. Still the suspension could be improved upon. Drop the dual exit exhaust. This alone adds so much weight to the bike. Suzuki could put on a nice 4 into 1 stainless system that's emission compliant.

Produce a decent stock seat. Why they cant do this is beyond me.
Saddle Bags.... Maybe offer some factory add-on saddle bags. Heck, make a touring package for the bike. Taller windscreen, step h-bars, different rearsets and touring tires.

Back