Money well spent???

1busa

Registered
I ran across this article and I couldnt help but smile :laugh: All the more reason why I love the Busa :bowdown:

$12,000 Suzuki Hayabusa outperforms $1.7 million Bugatti Veyron

In real world road conditions, every rider knows that motorcycles are faster than cars. It’s not just a power to weight thing either, we’re able to exploit our size advantage to: a) move to the outside of corners for better vision, allowing more speed with more safety and b) move through traffic safely and efficiently in a way no car ever could. Car drivers just don’t get it, trotting out on-paper performance numbers for impossibly expensive cars that are occasionally better than those of their two-wheeled counterparts. But now we have them definitively beaten. The 2008 Suzuki Hayabusa is quicker than the fastest car in the world.
>Frightened of expensive insurance rates and draconian legislation, most
motorcycle manufacturers don’t release official performance data or
even power figures. So until now, we didn’t know how fast the new
Hayabusa was. England’s BIKE magazine hooked up a GPS data logger, took
a stock 2008 Hayabusa to an airstrip and recorded the numbers; here they are
compared to official data on the Bugatti Veyron.

Power:
182bhp (measured at rear wheel) – Suzuki Hayabusa
1,001bhp (measured at crank) – Bugatti Veyron

Horsepower to Kilogram:
.827 – Suzuki Hayabusa
.53 – Bugatti Veyron

0-60mph:
2.74 seconds – Suzuki Hayabusa
2.46 seconds – Bugatti Veyron

1/4 mile:
9.985 seconds – Suzuki Hayabusa
10.2 seconds – Bugatti Veyron

0-186mph:
18 seconds (184mph restricted top speed) – Suzuki Hayabusa
19.8 seconds – Bugatti Veyron)

Spend your money another way. New busa every year for 100 years = $1,200,000. This leaves 500k for gas. :thumbsup:
Win, win. :cheerleader:

That's why I got into motorcycles......

Motivational pic.jpg

I would still rather have the Bugatti:poke: :laugh:

I would rather be doing 186 mph or even 250 mph in a supercar :laugh:

Ugr cars will drive around both em. Cars generally speaking are quicker and always will be. Theres a few aspects where a bike is quicker or faster like standing mile, I would be willing to bet that isnt for much longer as the sport grows.

Motorcycles do offer a huge bang for the buck though thats pretty tough to be, esp if you consider things like driveability

I was thinking about this today as I rode into work...how incredible the engineering and technology is that went into creating my Busa. It is indeed the jet fighter of two wheeled transportation. To achieve this level of handling, speed, and design in a car you would have to spend a small fortune. I love that for the equivalent price of a sub-compact car, you can buy your very own rocket ship named the Suzuki Hayabusa.

I was thinking about this today as I rode into work...how incredible the engineering and technology is that went into creating my Busa. It is indeed the jet fighter of two wheeled transportation. To achieve this level of handling, speed, and design in a car you would have to spend a small fortune. I love that for the equivalent price of a sub-compact car, you can buy your very own rocket ship named the Suzuki Hayabusa.

Thats why I wanted to post this because when you sit down and actually think about the level of performance and success that you get with a busa it is stifling :bowdown: I have always been a bike guy and I always will, this is just another feather in my hat. Most people will never be able to purchase a bugatti........... let alone ever sit in 1. A busa is within reach of the common man though, so when these celebrities and trust fund babies pull out in thier overpriced "hey look at me" sports cars it gives me piece of mind to know they mite own an expensive car but they dont own the streets........We do :superman: Long Live the Busa :clap:

If you put $100K into a Busa platform -- 1/10th of the Bugatti -- you would have something on a whole other level. If you put $5K into any Busa, you would have a scary, scary vehicle if you wicked it... If you leave a Busa stock, you have a great friend that will kill you in a nano-second if you disrespect it. I love my Busa -- it had to sleep in the garage for two years for me to drag it out and appreciate it all over again.

Back