trade: bugatti for ZR-1.......not what you think happened.

RACER_X

Registered
1) there sure are alot of bugatti's running around TX, thats 2 in the last few months.

Man Trades In $1.6 Million Bugatti Veyron For Corvette ZR1, Doesn't Look Back - Bugatti Veyron - Jalopnik

Man Trades In $1.6 Million Bugatti Veyron For Corvette ZR1, Doesn't Look Back
A Texas Chevy dealer just accepted the trade-in of a red-on-black $1.6 million Bugatti Veyron for a $100,000 Corvette ZR1. We knew the fiercest of all 'Vettes was a world-beater, but this is ridiculous! Exclusive photos, details below. UPDATE!

All American Chevrolet of Midland, Texas just made the mother-of-all-trades when it accepted a Euro-bombing 2008 Bugatti Veyron with just 2,307 miles for an unabashedly American Corvette ZR1 and some cash. Since a new Veyron lists for about $1.6 million and a used one still costs in the range of $1.4 to $3.6 million depending on condition, trim, and rarity, the dealership told us they wouldn't accept the trade-in until they lined up a buyer, which they did. A new Corvette ZR1, by comparison, starts at around $107,000.

And while the Corvette ZR1 only does 0-to-60 MPH in 3.3 seconds with a top speed of 205 MPH, compared to a 253 MPH top speed and 2.4-second 0-to-60 time, it doesn't cost more to run the ZR1 than to operate a private jet. Chalk that up in the win column because it certainly does with the Bugatti. Also, the Bugatti doesn't have the righteousness of an American-built supercar.

UPDATE: The Bugatti traded in belonged to Carlton Beal, Jr., who runs a petroleum company in Midland Texas. He's previously owned a Lamborghini Diablo and McLaren F1 but, despite this, a friend of his describes him as an "amazing down-to-earth person." We'd imagine if you've sampled a Veyron, Diablo and F1 you'd be interested in also trying an American-made car that can compete with them.

bugatti_veyron_trade-in.jpg

those are texas registration stickers on the ft windshield.

I love the some cash part.
People used to trade in cars they owned for cheaper ones and cash all the time.
100% of the time no matter what they said, they needed the cash.
Had nada to do with the car or any of the BS that was coming out of their mouth at the store.

When you have that kinda money it becomes no big deal. It's whatever is the flavor of the month. Must be nice :moon:

I just wanna put a stripe kit on my mustang, that would make me happy. Wow, must be rough to have those problems.

if finances weren't the issue, i would opt for the bugatti myself. i caught an hd special on it and i fell in love. that is the sport car of choice!

Just so you know he is a nice fellow and still has the McLaren. He drives it to church on Sundays.

Goes to church on Sunday to ask God to prevent him from making anymore stupid decisions !

Outside appearances may be grand but inside he may be crumbling.....just saying..
He may not be..

Heck I had customers aloof in the mind the same. They would buy a Town Car for cash and 6mos later come trade it in For a Navigator. We never asked just kept cashin the checks.

Whatever floats his boat I guess. Least he is keeping some money local to him and buying American. Can't fault any body for that!:beerchug:

I love the fish symbol on the back of the Lambo. He really must be a down-to-earth guy...or a smart@$$

Last edited:
Back