Bugatti Veyron DOWN! local too

RACER_X

Registered
Galveston Daily News Web site

LA MARQUE — The owner of one of the world’s fastest production automobiles accidentally drove his fine-tuned, French-built car into a saltwater lagoon Wednesday.

The man, who police said was from Lufkin, was uninjured after escaping the partially submerged Bugatti Veyron as it came to rest in about 2 feet of saltwater.

The two-seater, with 16 cylinders and four turbo chargers, can reach speeds of more than 250 mph. New models sell for about $2 million.

The man, who refused to give his name, was looking at real estate in Galveston.

About 3 p.m. a low-flying pelican distracted him as he traveled north on Interstate 45 just south of the hurricane levee near Omega Bay.

The man jerked the wheel, dropped his cell phone, and the car’s front tire left the frontage road and entered a muddy patch, which foiled his attempt to maneuver away from the lagoon.

The Veyron’s powerful engine gurgled like an outboard motor for about 15 minutes before it died.

Police and firefighters blocked the frontage road until MCH Towing employee Gilbert Harrison carefully wenched the car away from riprap and onto the soft, muddy bank.

It’s the rarest car in the world, not something you can just replace, the man said.

An Associated Press story in October mentioned a 2006 model Veyron for sale in Jonesboro, Ark., with an asking price of $1.25 million.

One of the prospective buyers was from Texas.

That Bugatti Veyron was one of only 200 made and one of only about 15 in the United States, the AP reported.

This story was brought to you thanks to khou.com's partnership with The Galveston County Daily News

pics

VIDEO: Low-flying pelican results in Bugatti Veyron Hydro Edition — Autoblog

funny-pictures-pelican-shows-you-the-ocean.jpg

Of course, it never would have happened had I been at the wheel:whistle:
Repair bill is really gonna hurt.

I call BS..... The owner is an idiot.. a little puddle would not cause you to lose control seeing how the car is AWD.
I hope his insurance denies him coverage for being on his phone.

also, "It’s the rarest car in the world" yeaaaaaa, thats not right either. this is the rarest car ever
phantomcorsairsho1.jpg

or this
Audi%20Quattro%20S1%20-%20M3%20-%20IN-NE%207.jpg

I find it amazing how guys with money think they can drive any car... It truly takes some talent to drive a car with that much power.

Last edited:
It truly takes some talent to drive a car with that much power.

I bet it doesn't take as much talent as driving my 1973 Dodge Charger with no heater, no power steering, no brakes, no speedometer,no reverse gear, and no high gear. :laugh:

whoops! salt walter!! that is a perfect medicine for that car. i wonder how the insurance company felt about it when they heard the news!!!:laugh:

And what up with leaving it running as it sat in the water? 15 minutes.. Couldn't the fool have shut it off? Odds are that he did it deliberately to get the insurance payout due to some financial strain he may be going through. Even millionaires have money problems. Poor guy..:laugh:

And what up with leaving it running as it sat in the water? 15 minutes.. Couldn't the fool have shut it off? Odds are that he did it deliberately to get the insurance payout due to some financial strain he may be going through. Even millionaires have money problems. Poor guy..:laugh:

very good point, he probably has GAP protection!!!!:laugh:

Actually it is much better to keep it running if you can. 2 feet of water would go up the exhaust and into the engine with out the exhaust coming out. Hey maybe we wil see it on Ebay now for a huge dicount. :O Yhea right :)

Back