Stuff you really need on a bike

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
I tihnk Suzuki is against gimmicks & gizmos. The entire gixxer line is a model of mechanical excellence and it looks like they are committed to this line of development as we still haven't seen any advanced features on a Suzuki that isn't mechanical.

But IHMO there are some things that you really need on a general purpose bike. A small one is a thermometer. If you are out touring on a bike the difference between 40 and 38 degrees is very significant, especially if you are all insulated from the temp with heated gear and it's misty. Another one is a big power source. You need to run phones and GPS and stuff, and heated gear sucks power.

I would say TC and ABS are also necessary on a touring bike. I know there are people here who will swear you just need to learn to ride, but at the long end of a 10 hour day this stuff can save your butt when you're not quite as alert as you should be.

If there is no Gen III and the ZX-14R gets ABS next year I would have to really consider switching over to one. I would like to spend some money on the Busa but I can't really get some things like ABS and TC integrated into the bike and that means it's always going to be way behind the times in some critical areas.

It really pisses me off that Suzuki is leaving us hanging out here with nothing to look forward to as far as a product we can look forware to.

I agree with everything you said but the ABS and TC are no big deal to me But I do understand from a touring point and being on a bike all day does take it alot out of you. I would love the power outlets coming factory!! :thumbup:

I agree and I am hoping they are coming out with something soon. I don't think I will never give up my busa but I would love to see some changes for it.

ABS is great in urban traffic, in the rain in urban traffic, set mine off more than a few times on my other bike, tested the 1250 FA abs and did not like the way it actuated. Hope they work on that a bit when they do add it to the Busa, have never tried traction control but guess it would be good. Dont like it on my Charger, prevents me from doing batman turns (J turn).
180 or "J turn". do not attempt this at home. - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
I had an ABS 1250 too. The ABS was really useless on it. The cycling was so slow you got a stuttering sort of feel with hard braking. Also the period was so slow that you felt like you didn't have any brakes at all when the ABS was letting the wheel turn more. Really scary brakes. If they plan to stick that on the Busa I can tell you it will be gone faster than the stock cans on every new Busa!

They had ABS on the B-King 4 years ago. Whatever happened with that system?

Huh. I guess I must just be creature-comfort averse. I do ride with some guys who have bars loaded up with gadgets. They're usually fiddling with those gadgets a lot and like to stop pretty often. I mostly just need tires. :D

I think they need to make the next busa more comfy for longer rides, like kawi did with the 14R. You can have a mega-fast hyper-bike thats still comfortable to ride long distances. I think suzuki is a little confused on the busa's direction. Its not a liter bike repli-racer, and shouldn't feel cramped and uncomfortable like one riding it. Its a super fast, good handling road bike, and should be more comfortable like one :thumbsup:

Back