Say it aint So!

this thread sounds like pinks drag racing:whistle: you got this, I got that, apples tomatas what ever, heads up the bmw wacks the busa. get over it

The weight doesn't bother me because the BUSA isn't a track bike so it's not suppose to be light (that's like a middle-weight vs a heavy-weight).

I just think it's hilarious what some of these mags will publish... :rofl:

Lets discuss the 1/4-mile times:

BMW 10.3 @ 144mph
BUSA 10.5 @ 142mph
GSXR1K 10.4 @ 142mph
CBR1K 10.4 @ 139mph
ZX10R 10.7 @ 138mph
R1 10.5 @ 139mph
1198 10.7 @ 138mph

Even with a Brock's exhaust/PC/tune they could only get the BMW down to a 10.04 @ 150mph... :rofl:

....and the 0-150mph times!

BMW 10.8
BUSA 11.2
GSXR1K 11.3
CBR1K 11.5
ZX10R 11.8 (Remember this is the bike that CycleWorld said was the 0-186 KING running 5th) :laugh:
R1 11.9
1198 12.2

BMW 10.04 (Brock's bolt-on's)

They even ran the tuned BMW vs a ZX10R AMA SUPERBIKE...

It ran 10.2 @ 148mph and 10.4 0-150... ???

Good analysis G-B....I have to agree on the longevity questions re. the bmw also...seriously, if someone was going to build a drag or an LSR machine, what would they start with? The beemer is what it is...besides, if I was going to buy a road track bike, it would be Italian....the new F4 MV seems to be calling me....

Ok. Let me start with since I've gotten my busa, I know I'll always have a busa.

Now what's interesting about the RR is that it IS a liter bike. Busa has been killin 1k bikes up to this point. So give the damn thing it's due props. Now that said and done, know that it has it's place too. I plan on a 6 hour road trip just to go riding with my dad... ON MY BUSA.. I wouldn't dare do it on the RR. Or any other liter bike. I mean other than for off road what can you NOT do with a busa? (and someone's probably done that..lmao) I mean, track days, cruising, daily driver.... beat up on most 1k bikes. Yea.. spend more money on your busa to be a stock bike isn't saying much. Well maybe from a 600 beating a busa or 14 yea, but the other way around. Come on.... really... Point being, YES FINALLY there's a faster bike.. Get over it.. Doesn't mean it's a better bike though. And if you could afford it and have both, a lot of you probably would.. Hell I would if I could just because I can.. lol..

It's NOT a busa, but it is a nice bike.. :whistle::beerchug::thumbsup:

First of all they are not in the same class.
The BMW cannot match the versatility of the Hayabusa.

Suzuki can beat it, but at what cost?
any time you cut weight, add HP and electronic controls, the price will skyrocket.
I don't think anyone wants a $20,000 Hayabusa.

I see Suzuki adding more electronics to the Gixxer.

The Hayabusa is what it is. Very good at doing many things.
It has become an icon in the motorcycle world and that is no easy title to own. :thumbsup:

The gen III dream, shed some pretty serious weight, dont change the ergonomics, not even a little, trac control, and maybe abs and a shift assist. where will suzuki go....the busa sport tourer... the busa superbike, or continue to try to please both worlds

I would certainly buy the bmw as a second bike:laugh:

Ok. Let me start with since I've gotten my busa, I know I'll always have a busa.

very well said, and I feel the same way!!! Congrats BMW, but you won't find one in my garage. For the money, I'll be buying a 2011 Busa, and keep my '06, or I might spring for a Moto Guzzi Grisso1100. For me, the busa is definately fast enough and much more versatile, and the bmw isn't unique enough to merit having just for a conversation piece...

The gen III dream, shed some pretty serious weight, dont change the ergonomics, not even a little, trac control, and maybe abs and a shift assist. where will suzuki go....the busa sport tourer... the busa superbike, or continue to try to please both worlds

I would certainly buy the bmw as a second bike:laugh:
They don't have enough of a market to make it worth putting all the money for R & D into making the busa a big cutting edge superbike....thats why they didn't do a complete redesign for the 2nd gen. It'll never be a liter beater again. They'll just make slight changes here and there every 4-5 years or so as the market dictates, till we quit buying it, then phase it out. The real money (and high tech) is in the liters and 600's. And the cruisers are one of the biggest selling segments :laugh:

mmmm.....custom.

bmw-s1000rr-2010-red-black_0801.jpg

this thread sounds like pinks drag racing:whistle: you got this, I got that, apples tomatas what ever, heads up the bmw wacks the busa. get over it

My Gen-I BUSA ran quicker than a 10.5 "STOCK" so how they ran that slow with a Gen-II is laughable when it makes almost 20rwhp more.... :rofl:

They couldn't run a 9-second 1/4-mile on a single bike in the test...? ???

That mag needs to leave the riding to someone else and stick with what they know best....taking pics of custom bikes and stunting! :poke:

Lets not forget this is the same mag that couldn't go over 194mph with a modded Gen-II AND a 40-shot of nitrous... :(

Last edited:
My Gen-I BUSA ran quicker than a 10.5 "STOCK" so how they ran that slow with a Gen-II is laughable when it makes almost 20rwhp more.... :rofl:

That mag needs to leave the riding to someone else and stick with what they know best....taking pics of custom bikes and stunting! :poke:

Lets not forget this is the same mag that couldn't go over 194mph with a modded Gen-II AND a 40-shot of nitrous... :(

I"ll go along with that, my GENI has been 9.92 with pipes and a genaric map

Im not trying to hate on the Beemer at all. I like the bike and I think it has a sweat look for a liter bike. The best looking BMW bike that I have ever seen.

Now with that being said, I have to pay my respect to the Busa as being a phenominal machine. The power you get from a stock Busa is amazing. When I first bought my Gen I, I thought for sure that I did not need anymore speed. That changed after I ran with a guy who had one with a PCIII on his. I bought one and was amazed at the performance. Many of us have done a whole lot more than that.

Now the last time we discussed this, I said that most of us guys are not running our bikes more than 100 miles an hour all the time. If we did, we would all be selling them to pay for the crap load of tickets we would have. I have seen Busa's range from 180hp to 500hp modded out. The Busa is just a versatile bike.

$16,500 vs $12,900
What is it worth to you?

Last edited:
I posted in another thread..... This was a letter that came from the original design team member.....{Quote} We are in the process of updating the Busa again in the near future. {unquote}.. Hopefully some one will back up what i just said as many as 35 people heard this letter being read to us. Less weight more CC's... is my wish and a Black and Yellow paint job. fingers crossed.. :thumbsup:

:rofl: what a joke on the Gen II attempt at 200 with all the room they needed to do it in. if i was selling magazines and trying to make the most profit, i would say what i was payed to say...

Back