Stock Wheelbased Brock's Bimmer goes 8 seconds..history made..

I'm just amazed that pretty much stock bikes are in the 8's !
I remember when in the 10's was OMG fassssst !

Agreed... not everyone can see past their busa helmet, busa gloves, busa jacket, busa pants, busa socks, busa underwear, busa watch, busa shaving kit, busa key chain, busa this and busa that to see that BMW has come out with one badass bike that has obviously just raised the bar.

If it weren't for the awesome competition and efforts to seek new levels constantly, we'd all be stuck in the past like Harley Davidson... congrats to BMW. I wouldn't mine adding one to my collection :thumbsup:

agreed on the second part,

but FWIW the zx14 holds the SS record, why not say that bike raised the standard for the busa, sell your busa and go pickup the 14.... FWIW my bike doesnt say busa or kanji anywhere on it, neither do i own a single piece of memborilia, i buy what i like, what holds up to the standards being set, and not what an article or a manufacturer making a slew of new parts tells me to.

Last edited:
Ooh sidetrack my own thread . Yes a friend of mine works for ford and I 'shopped' a 2011 Mustang . Thang was fassssst :)

yea i hope to have one in my driveway by the end of '11...

just my last little .02, the bmw is sick, im not bashing it nor saying its behind any bike, most of the bikes are super close and when you put extreme talent its really up to whoever gets lucky and has a record run. esp in classes that have such tight rules, those rules are the biggest reason they run so close.

I would still LOVE to have a bike that could compete with anything out there STOCK on the drag strip, then the next weekend take it to the track.

But isn't that $14,000.00 price tag for the basic bike ? How much for the ones they do all the testing on ?

I just hope it gets Suzuki back in the lab on the 1,000's :please:

Last edited:
I would compare the Bimmer to an 86 Gsxr .
The Gsxr was the first of it's kind and did flip things .
BMW has always been just a blah touring bike maker and to come out with the new bike is like a Hyosung beating a Busa .
Surprising the say the least .

I would still LOVE to have a bike that could compete with anything out there STOCK on the drag strip, then the next weekend take it to the track.

But isn't that $14,000.00 price tag for the basic bike ? How much for the ones they do all the testing on ?

I just hope it gets Suzuki back in the lab on the 1,000's :please:

the bike they tested i believe was the base bike, theyve tested a couple and i know 1 was base, 14,200 OTD, but they get upwards of like 16k with TC and shift assist.

Seems kind of funny, Brocks ran a 8.99 1/4 mile on a busa with a clutch mod, lowered, tune and STOCK exhaust, Busa is still the King!!!

This is not an argument on anything, I just thought this was funny.

Google this: "BMW S1000RR clutch lever cost"

then

Google this: "suzuki Hayabusa clutch lever cost"

Enjoy.

After riding one do I think the BMW is a sick bike... yes! Do I believe it's "king of the hill... no! Is it revolutionary and good for competition... yes! Bike like this is what keeps the Metric bike manufacturers from getting complacent. It keeps R&D up and brings us those new and even more revolutionary machines.

Thank You ss trim bikes are not stock...

+1

I think a lot of you are confused on your own knowledge.

You guys are comparing SS prepared RACE bikes to bikes run with a stock motor/wheelbase... :poke:

Regardless, that is stout for any motorcycle. Raising the bar, maybe someone will answer the call now. 8s on a stock wheelbase is moving- wow - that is faster than a Busa and a ZX14 ever went in that configuration. Ask Brock himself.

Actually you would be incorrect. Brock's BUSA "Chronic" went 8's stock motor and stock wheelbase.......NOT in SS configuration like the bikes you are comparing it to... :whistle:

The BMW is BAD but lets not just throw out every run or record out there which the BUSA continues to hold right now. Since we are talking about racing has a BMW even broken 200mph in 1-mile yet?

Did they get 1/4 ET on it with the stock suspension/without the clutch mod/ ceramic bearings, an the factory sprockets ??? kinda curious what it would run just after a pipe an tune on pump fuel :thumbsup:

Awesome machine there an one hell of a rider too,guy seems flawless out the whole. :thumbsup:

you are lookin at Brocks "Race-Bike"....this is not a streetbike, its not even a weekend racer. THis thing is built to showcase Brocks skills and win races. Is it fast yes, but it is nowhere close to stock bike....not to mention having the best riders on the damn thing..

the reason the Busa is king is because it makes ordinary guys fast, the power, the torque and the way its easy to ride lets just about anybody ride it fast....I will be impressed when I see them at the local tracks and regular guys are running low 9's like they do on the "busa.

I would compare the Bimmer to an 86 Gsxr .
The Gsxr was the first of it's kind and did flip things .
BMW has always been just a blah touring bike maker and to come out with the new bike is like a Hyosung beating a Busa .
Surprising the say the least .

+1

The Beemer makes more HP stock than anything out there plus it does not fall off at redline like all the other Japanese bikes. Add to that is has optional ABS and 4 different power modes and you are looking at something that has not just raised the bar, but rocketed past it.

If you recall, the first Busas did the same thing. No one ever saw anything like it on the street and it was a quantum leap in motorcycling. With enough 'ooomph' that the manufacturers agreed to limit themselves to 300kph.

It's a very nice bike and from what I've heard, handles very well too. I'd be wary of the German's in racing the next few years as they get their act together.

That being said - c'mon Suzuki - where's Gen III to kick butt? :whistle:

For a bike with 340cc less, and who's design was aimed more at outright sports riders,
to be a serious contender in such a short time after its release compaired to the
well established Hayabusa impesses the hell out of me.

I still love mine!!! :hide: :laugh:

ride all day, can do! is it as comfy as the busa? no, can the busa turn like the s1000rr? no. I tell you the bike feels telepathic in the turns... you don't have to look into the turn, just think it, and the the bike follows your thoughts.

So, to summarize. It's a great bike that can turn very quick 1/4 mile times. It isn't really any more comfy than a Gixxer or R1 and in the stats dept it is wowing a lot of people but not hitting the podiums on the roadracing track. Motorcyclist gave it Bike of the Year but it didn't win the sportbike category, that went to the Aprilia. Would I love to have one if someone was giving them away? Yes. Would I rather have it than my Gen 1? No. If I am laying awake at night worrying that it might beat my Busa off the line then I will just buy a turbo and make 250 hp. Problem solved. I would be very surprised if the BMW is a contender for the top speed crown as it just doesn't seem very aero and the fairing/windscreen is very small so I don't think we have any worries in that dept. Let the BMW engineers enjoy their moment in the sun....the japanese manufacturers, as well as the other euros, have their own engineers and they are working overtime to produce another superbike contender that will make this one yesterdays news. It has always happened in the past and it will continue to happen into the future.

Back