made second round, first time at track

Murphy Younger

Registered
On july 3rd at capital raceway in Md. I ran my stock red, 04, limited edition for the first time.
1st run 13.43, with 42psi in rear.(get outta town, why would anyone let air out the tire.)
My dad, sencing his only sons imminent death quickly
introduced me to some track vets who took me under thier wing.
2nd run-lowering straps and clutch properly adjusted, schooled in the art of launching the bike and 26 psi in rear, I went 11.34 followed by 11.11.
I knew I was getting better with each pass and the way the numbers were dropping I knew I could get that bike into the Tens.
Then begginers luck kicked in.
1st round elemination-I dailed in 10.90 and ran 10.92!
Hott Damn, Im in the second round and somebody on a gixxer 1000 is on the trailer.
2nd round- I stalled the clutch at the line.(need more seat time) but, whe all was said and done(TRAIN)IHad a great time, Met some good people and learned alot.
poop, I was just hoping to make a good pass.
Ive been bitten by the racebug,Hard. Ill be back at capital this sat.

nice - I started reading this and saw your 13.43 and thought WTF !! An EX500 can do that
laugh.gif
good to see your times were more respectable after a coupla runs
cool.gif

Fun ain't it. All I have is an 1/8 of a mile here, drop pressure to about 22psi, and hold revs at about 4000, on yellow slide out the clutch, makes for really quick starts, if you want to drop a lot of time off your eta learn to shift clutchless, your bike is made for it, thats what the constant mesh clutch is. Keep smoke'n em.
smile.gif

Back