Stock Wheelbased Brock's Bimmer goes 8 seconds..history made..

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
on behalf of Brock's Performance

Editorial Brief: Ongoing research and development has pushed the Brock's Performance SuperSport-prepped, stock-wheelbase BMW S 1000 RR into the coveted 8-second E.T. bracket.

[SIZE=+0]BROCK'S PERFORMANCE BMW S 1000 RR DRAGBIKE BREAKS THE 8-SECOND BARRIER[/SIZE]

DAYTON, Ohio. (July 2, 2010)-- Ongoing research and development has pushed the Brock's Performance SuperSport-prepped, stock-wheelbase BMW S 1000 RR into the coveted 8-second E.T. bracket.

During the recent "No Hatin'" race series at Kil-Kare Raceway in Xenia, Ohio, the bike recorded a scorching 8.95 run with Jeremy Teasley in the saddle.

Stressing that it's "business as usual" at Brock's Performance while the AMA Dragbike series undergoes restructuring, shop owner Brock Davidson vowed not to let turbulent times deter him from developing products and testing them in the sport's most competitive regional venues.

For Kil-Kare, the BMW was run in AMA Dragbike SuperSport trim. SuperSport rules are the most stringent in motorcycle drag racing. The only allowable deviations from stock are lowered suspension, modified gearing, aftermarket exhaust, a fuel-injection controller, ceramic wheel bearings and very few other changes.

"We're working hard to improve the BMW's performance," said Davidson. "To do any kind of systematic testing you must have a standard to run against. The SuperSport rule structure is still the way stock-wheelbase performance is gauged."

To extract every bit of acceleration from the bike, Brock's enlisted the services of local drag ace Jeremy Teasley to lay down clean runs on the short, low, lean, 200-horsepower machine. With two AMA Dragbike Real Street championships under his belt, Teasley is widely regarded as one of the best sportbike drag racers in the business.

Running off an 8.90 national record set by Rickey Gadson on a Brock's-prepared ZX-14 last season, Teasley clicked off successive quarter-mile runs of 9.12 and 9.04 seconds before hitting a 8.971 at 157.93 mph. He went on to lower the mark with an astounding 8.950. Teasley's best 1/8-mile time of 5.83 seconds was just over one-hundredth of a second off Gadson's national record. All this, at a track that was not prepared to national-event standards, with an adjusted air density altitude of 3800 feet.

"With the S 1000 RR having a better power-to-weight ratio of any production sportbike, we felt strongly that we were going to do some damage in the SuperSport class with the BMW this season and it is very disappointing that AMA Dragbike suspended operations after we got only two races in," said Davidson. "Nonetheless, we're going to continue doing what we do best: developing, testing and selling products that make streetbikes fly. I still hold out hope that there will be another national-level SuperSport class in the somewhat near future. When that happens, we'll show up with a finely tuned, powerful weapon, ready to do battle."

This is Brock's video with music by Jay-Z.
(WARNING LYRICS ARE NOT SO POLITE)
Again not my choice of music but it does show the run.

BIMMER.jpg

timeslip.jpg

No No and never will be...
Comfort and 190mph now lets see Bimmer do that...:poke:

That is up for debate. I love how a lot of us immediately jump on the "well how will ur azz feel after xxx amount of miles!??" routine when we feel threatened by another bike lurking in our hyperbike comfort zone we have come so accustomed to dominating. Early on it was easy to dismiss the BMW as a bike in a different category because it was being dubbed the new track king....a category the Busa has no business being in. But now that the Beemer is showing it will probably become the bike to beat in a straight line as well....hmmm it was bound to happen eventually. I give props to BMW for building such a solid,well rounded, technologically advanced bike that is now the real king of the hill.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
what makes the bmw the king of the hill? what hill? my understanding is the bike doesnt hold any records, and isnt dominating any class of racing. i dont follow all classes and types so i can be wrong, but ive yet to hear or read it.

what makes the bmw the king of the hill? what hill? my understanding is the bike doesnt hold any records, and isnt dominating any class of racing. i dont follow all classes and types so i can be wrong, but ive yet to hear or read it.

The every performance category hill.

ok, what if you did the same mods to a busa and threw the same rider on it? dont get me wrong the bmw is an amazing piece of machinery, but would a busa of the same nature be a contender or a dominator?

Who cares what races it wins. How many races has a Bugatti Veyron won?

i dont understand what your getting at? the veyron doesnt claim to be the king of anything but maybe top speed, and there are vehicles that go faster for way less money, unless you wanna consider a pay to build 1milli + car production.

to be king you gotta be the best. htp called out any bike on psychobike to beat theirs mod for mod a little bit back, the bmw failed to because of rear tire issues :laugh:

btw that bike is in SS trim.

what are the STOCK bikes running?

i dont understand what your getting at? the veyron doesnt claim to be the king of anything but maybe top speed, and there are vehicles that go faster for way less money, unless you wanna consider a pay to build 1milli + car production.

to be king you gotta be the best. htp called out any bike on psychobike to beat theirs mod for mod a little bit back, the bmw failed to because of rear tire issues :laugh:

btw that bike is in SS trim.

what are the STOCK bikes running?

The point of my comment is.... like the Bugatti the BMW has set a new standard. Putting it on top of every other bike in its category. Hp to name one.

Also can anyone find a video of a stock wheel based 1k class bike in SS trim doing 8's :poke:

The point of my comment is.... like the Bugatti the BMW has set a new standard. Putting it on top of every other bike in its category. Hp to name one.

Also can anyone find a video of a stock wheel based 1k class bike in SS trim doing 8's :poke:

:whistle:

heres race results where 2 diff riders went 8's

the next week teasly wins with 9.0 and bmw goes 9.2...

http://www.dragbike.com/dbnews/anmviewer.asp?a=5706&z=18

also im not saying the bmw isnt an awesome machine, and does somewhat raise the dyno war, but from a performance aspect its yet to happen. its capable i guess but for some reason it keeps evading the s1000rr. wonder why if its so far ahead of the competition

Last edited:
That is up for debate. I love how a lot of us immediately jump on the "well how will ur azz feel after xxx amount of miles!??" routine when we feel threatened by another bike lurking in our hyperbike comfort zone we have come so accustomed to dominating. Early on it was easy to dismiss the BMW as a bike in a different category because it was being dubbed the new track king....a category the Busa has no business being in. But now that the Beemer is showing it will probably become the bike to beat in a straight line as well....hmmm it was bound to happen eventually. I give props to BMW for building such a solid,well rounded, technologically advanced bike that is now the real king of the hill.
Posted via Mobile Device

I take nothing away from BMW for the accomplishment but i have sat on them and faster , easier, better braking , better power to weight fine ok but comfort no no and i still say no . There's a really good write up of the bike in this months Motorcyclist mag. They named it bike of the year but the guy who wrote article says 'ever seen an elephant on a barstool?' about it . No different than the liter class jap bikes . I'm 6'4 just too small for me .

:whistle:

heres race results where 2 diff riders went 8's

the next week teasly wins with 9.0 and bmw goes 9.2...

:: DRAGBIKE.COM :: DRAGBIKE MAGAZINE :: AMA Dragbike: 2010 Spring Nationals - SuperSport ::

also im not saying the bmw isnt an awesome machine, and does somewhat raise the dyno war, but from a performance aspect its yet to happen. its capable i guess but for some reason it keeps evading the s1000rr. wonder why if its so far ahead of the competition

So he won on a BMW?

Back