whats it worth? thinkin about it

A member just sold his Gen II (08, blk/orange) for $7500 recently....might help give you a reference point. Get the bike inspected REALLY good by someone who knows bikes/Busas and if it checks out, offer $5K max.

Hard to say what it is actually worth on the used market. I wouldnt spend anything past 7K, thats just me. To me 7k would be generous. Im pretty sure the seller is going to ask a pretty penny with all the mods done to it.

Yea im not sure want i really want to do. I know all the chrome paint an wheels are not cheap but i know thats not gonna make that big of deal on price

What kind of car u trading? Is the car worth 5,000 or over? If both are worth the same i say why not.. But with 02 plastic... Must have been wrecked ..or u could sell the car and buy a newer bike..

Given the pre '03 Hayabusa's history of recalls for clogged external fuel pumps, cam chains, and cracked started cases, the fact it's highly customized, (who knows if all that shiat was installed right) and it's got the wrong bodywork on it (where's the original bodywork...in pieces?) I'd stay further away from that bike than I stay away from the drunk, angry, fat girl at the local community hall dance.

just sayin'

cheers
ken

Something tells me that since he's asking for a trade and not even giving a ballpark figure on price, probably wants to make his money back and sell for more than anyone is willing to pay. He could have taken it to a dealer and found out the hard way the extras don't count for much and is going private party. I'd pass myself, but if you really want it: Make a reasonable offer and if he says no, walk. Spring is just starting and there will be more bikes to choose from.

5K is being generous. There's a reason it's advertised on that site not a bike board.....He is hoping to find someone with no knowledge of bikes in general, specifically no Busa knowledge and make him some cheddar. Ask him a ballpark trade value and I'll bet you a dollar he comes back with over 10K.....

Back