The ZX-14

COME ON GUYS SUZUKI HAS ALREADY GIVE US THE AEROS ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS ENGINE WORK A GOOD 1397 WILL SMOKE THE 14 BEFORE THE THING HITS THE MARKET  WE HAVE FUN DOING THE MODS TO THE BUSA ANYWAY
Dontcha think Kawasaki knows how to design aeros?

They are claiming the slipperiest bike ever made...they Do make planes ya know....

They made the 12 aero enough to match the busa with 100 less cc.  Certainly the busa aeros were a bit better...but thats a 6 year old issue.  Today is a new day.

I think the 14 just by looking at it - is the same aeros as the busa but with a giant hole in the middle for sucking in air. - translates to improvement in my opinion - over the busas side intakes.
IM JUST THE ONE TO FIND OUT WHEN THE 14 HITS THE ROAD IM NOT MUCH ON BENCH RACING

Guys/Gals, this is what we need as Busa owners..... Kawi did the right thing, now Suzukit needs to step up to the plate! There will always be one faster..........
smile.gif

Personally I hope it is faster than the 'busa...but more importantly I hope that pisses Suzuki off enough to do something about it.  Nothing like a good game of one upsmanship to bring more stock HP to the market. Go Kawi. Just Imagine whats going to be around in a few years when I'm looking to upgrade this bike...I'm grinning just thinking about it. mauahahahahah  
firedevil.gif

<!--EDIT|TheDude27
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129575955 -->

Take away the transmission , the 14 initially looks to be a scaled up 2006 10R and it even appears to have bolt on cam sprockets . I did not get to see if it was of semi-dry sump design or not while the engine cutaway was available .

Regardless of Kawasaki's claims that it makes enough torque to theoreticaly move from a stop in 6th gear it should move on out in the real world and might even see some goodly fuel range when the sweet spot in cruise RPM is found .

The engine is said to be at 12:7.1 compression so I imagine they are using the Trumble Effect combustion chamber design still as was the 04-05 10R instead of the Pentroof design used on the Suzuki , Honda and Yamaha. Also they have decreased the throttle body size from 46mm on the 12R to 44mm on the new engine . If it makes big power it will probably have some pretty large intake valves and some hot camshafts and it will probably have some good dwell time around TDC . We'll have to see the rod lenght to confirm but it does make sense to do so .

With the intregal cylinder in the top engine case it will be interesting to see if they left enough room for an overbore of any type worth doing because for 91 octane the compression is up there enough . I also wonder if 6th gear will be closer to an overdrive ratio since apparently ABS will be available as an option .

Time will tell

A)Busas are being enjoyed NOW, not later.
B)What percentage of the time are you over 150MPH anyway.
C)Busa=higher build quality, and proven design over time, no bugs to work out.
D)Isn't 2.5 secs to 60MPH quick enough?
E)Which looks NICER?

IMHO, WHO CARES if there is a 3MPH top end diff?
KAWI seems like the bike will ALWAYS look like they are from the '90's, while the BUSA looks like it's from the year 2030!

The BUSA performance is so awesome in every aspect, is more REALLY MORE, for what is sacrificed?

Bottom line, even if Kawi does make a DEPENDABLE, FASTER, GOOD LOOKING bike, which I doub't.....ALL I HAVE TO DO IS GO TURBO!
tounge.gif

'05 Blu/Silver
5,000 miles

<!--EDIT|snyper
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129584585 -->

By the way, I don't defend Busas, just because I own one, I am open minded.

Just makes SENSE to me $ for $.

A)Busas are being enjoyed NOW, not later.
[/QUOTE]
That'll be a moot point here shortly.
B)What percentage of the time are you over 150MPH anyway.[/QUOTE]
If that was a valid point, I'd have a 750.
C)Busa=higher build quality, and proven design over time, no bugs to work out.
[/QUOTE]
How do you know what the build quality is of a bike that hasn't been released yet?
D)Isn't 2.5 secs to 60MPH quick enough?[/QUOTE]
No.
E)Which looks NICER?[/QUOTE]
That's just personal opinion, and i haven't seen a 14 in real life yet. Have you?
The BUSA performance is so awesome in every aspect, is more REALLY MORE, for what is sacrificed?
[/QUOTE]
If fast is good, then more is better.

to me its like >> there are lots of different motorcycles and its all good, but then there is the "Hayabusa" it to me is a bike all to its self. i personally dont care who is the fastest or what. The Busa is with out a doubt one of the finest machines ever built in this world to date. and anyone who would argue that point to me is a fool.

Might be if Triumph would step into the HP wars there could be a new bike for Suzuki and Kawasaki to contend with .

The new design 2006 Daytona 675 makes the equivilent of 200 BHP per liter .

To me it all comes down to what shows up to race, and realisticly when money starts talking it isn't stock bikes that line up. How many people on here have stock bikes?
OOH OOH!! ME ME ME I HAVE A TOTALLY STOCK BIKE! I might be the only one. Anyone wanna race a fully stock busa, come to Iowa. I'm not afraid to peg throttle and RPMS in all gears
smile.gif

Might be if Triumph would step into the HP wars there could be a new bike for Suzuki and Kawasaki to contend with .

The new design 2006 Daytona 675 makes the equivilent of 200 BHP per liter .
Yeah, but you know as well as I do that's crank power, and you can't transform hp/cc directly simply by making a bigger motor. The 14 will prolly be the first 200hp rated factory bike, I wish Yammie would get off their ass and remake the FZR as what it was before the R1 days. Not that I don't like the R1, they're awesome, but the old FZR's were fast and hella comfortable.....

For 7 long years the Busa has been the benchmark by which all hyperbikes (and now liters) always compare themselves to. You gotta admit that it's pretty damn impressive if Zuk has been able to change just color, graphics, and some electrical (see '05's) and still be considered the "king" and keep pace with all of the changing technology. But I think the famous Busa has finally reached it's limit and realize that she's not the fastest one on the block anymore. Will this change my decision or make me jump ship? NO!! I'm gonna mod this beast and ride it till it don't run no more. All of the awesome aftermarket kits (especially turbos, NOS, Stroker, BigBore etc) are tailored to the Busa and a Turbo or BB Busa are still benchmarks by which retarded and absurd performance are judged by.

John Noonan, to my knowledge, still holds the Bonneville record for fastest street legal motorcycle in the world. (250+ on salt). And he chooses the Busa as his platform. I have yet to see a highly modded 14 surpass what Noonan has accomplished.

My 2 cents, I have a zx10 05, I rode an 02 zx12 and I have an 01 busa with an atre.  I believe that my 10 will walk on my busa up to 170 plus after that and if there is enough road my busa will walk away from my 10.  My friends stock 02 zx12 after 7 grand on the tach is an all together different beast.  Every time we have raced I get him of the line but when he hits his power band I play catch up until his limiter kicks in.  Don't get me wrong I love my busa and it will only be replaced by an new and improved busa but I believe the time has come for suzuki to get off their ass and reclaim it's throne.  Not only with top speed but with handling and braking.  I went from a 190 to an 180 and I believe that I have a new bike. Hey doesn't Suzuki has some type of partnership with Kawasaki?

That's what I'm tripping off of. Busters get mad about which company is doing what when the reality is they are getting rich while we are getting "debt". Why give a S#*@ about who has the fastest bike. Ride the muthf@#*@, whatever you got till the wheels fall off.
argue.gif

Back