Hayabusa and ZX-14

All right!...this is the first strand I've ever participated in while building a retaining wall planter, digging up my sprinkler system(because stupid me didn't blow it out before winter and it cracked) and making 2 trips to Lowe's for parts. Hey, happy Mother's Day to all your wives and moms BTW.

Img_9400_Doyle.jpg

(raydog @ May 13 2007,18:38) Hey,  happy Mother's Day to all your wives and moms BTW.
HERE HERE!!!
beerchug.gif
Happy Mother’s Day!!! If it wasn’t for Mom we wouldn’t be here sharing the joys of the Hayabusa, and yet I hesitate to say, so much more! Thanks Mom!!!
bowdown.gif

(Big Red @ May 13 2007,18:28) Yea I remember a few years ago a dude got off a ZX12R and told some people he had never been beaten by a Hayabusa; he also said his bike was totally stock. I looked at this guy and he couldn't have weighed more than 135 lbs in leathers, soaking wet--- not too hard to figure out with a power to weight ratio like that.
Good point on the power to weight ratio. Was he making sure not to talk too loud, also!?! Bring on a ZX-12 any time. My friend that rides with me (whom owns a ZX-12) said that his next bike is to be a Hayabusa. Never heard of a Hayabusa owner saying to a ZX-12 owner that his next motorcycle is to be a Kawasaki ZX-12, with all due respect!
cool.gif

(GPW @ May 13 2007,06:37) Having had both bikes (2006 Busa and 2006 ZX-14) you get a real perspective of both machines, not a magazine journalist's biased opinion or a quick ride on your buddies bike. Own both to beat on everyday is really fun stuff.  If you buy bike for looks alone the Busa has better lines. Riders will find qualities in both machines and faults in both.

GregsNinja001.jpg

GregsNinja010.jpg

GregsNinja007.jpg

BluePuig002.jpg

CompletionProjectBusa008.jpg

CompletionProjectBusa006.jpg

CompletionProjectBusa004.jpg

CompletionProjectBusa003.jpg

CompletionProjectBusa002.jpg
Your ZX-14 looks sweet. I thought about getting one before I purchased my busa but I thought the ZX was a little on the big side. It just didn't feel as sporty as the busa.

How does it handle in comparison?

(BigDiesel @ May 13 2007,08:51) this topic will never end...these bikes are too close in Power/capabilities for either to really 'one-up' the other....which shows how lame Kaw. is to me, if after 7YEARS of R&D and all kinds of secret testing-they build a bike that barely out-performs a motor/chassis/body combo thats been around for almost TEN?!?!?  Suzuki just gave them the biggest Pimp-slap ever when the Busa was introduced...and Kawasaki cant build/release a fire-breathin Monster to trump this thing if their Lives depended on it.

that bein said-I like Greg's 14 there w/ the red/black scheme cuz it draws my attention away from the Gills....but even with the smoothed-out replacements the front of the 14 still makes my stomach get all knotted-up
crazy.gif
     I keep seein the aliens from Independence Day when I look at it...
all_coholic.gif
I wish I could make that post as my sig!!! HAHAHAHA!!!!

Nice one, Big D!!!

(GPW @ May 13 2007,06:37) Having had both bikes (2006 Busa and 2006 ZX-14) you get a real perspective of both machines, not a magazine journalist's biased opinion or a quick ride on your buddies bike. Own both to beat on everyday is really fun stuff.  If you buy bike for looks alone the Busa has better lines. Riders will find qualities in both machines and faults in both.

GregsNinja001.jpg

GregsNinja010.jpg

GregsNinja007.jpg

BluePuig002.jpg

CompletionProjectBusa008.jpg

CompletionProjectBusa006.jpg

CompletionProjectBusa004.jpg

CompletionProjectBusa003.jpg

CompletionProjectBusa002.jpg
Really like the black on red on your ZX-14!
smile.gif
Very sharp looking! Kawa should look you up for some design ideas. And your Busa looks awesome!
beerchug.gif
I gotta get some gold rims. They always look so nice!

Soooooo, what is your overall take on having a Hayabusa and a ZX-14?
rock.gif
Besides the nicer lines as far as looks on the Busa that you mentioned being your opinion. I mean, you know, does one have obviously more pull than the other? Does one flick through the turns so much better than the other? You said that anyone would find qualities and faults in both. Being someone who is fortunate enough to have both, can you give us a bit of your personal opinion in a little more detail?

still havent see the back of a 14 yet....when i see these test and theyre talkin fractions of a second it comes down to the rider everytime. specially on the street with so many "not in the magazine test" factors

in our riding group , a close friend got a zx14 , he is also a good rider , he never won a race between my busa and his bike , his bike got a muzzy kit not a stock zx14 ...

I think the busa and the 14 are both great looking bikes. If they would have had the white SE 14 when I got my busa it would have been a little harder to choose. I sat on the 14 and it just felt to big and bulky for me so I got the busa.

GPW your 14 looks badass
super.gif

Back