Hayabusa and ZX-14

(BusaDale @ May 13 2007,08:29) For you guys that have a Busa and a 14.
How do the trannys compare?
I have had several Kawasakis but my Busa is the first Suzuki I have had ( execpt my son's GSX-R600 )
and from what I remember the Kawasakis had a smoother tranny. Hopefully my Busa will get better when I go to synthetic oil.
My Busa trannys were great , the zx14 trans is very smooth and i have over 500 passes on mine with no problems ...Syn oil will help smooth out your Busa trans...

(1300hemibusa @ May 13 2007,10:26)
(tinbender0 @ May 13 2007,08:22) where is the rest of the video?? did you get beat or something
SHOCKED.gif
Sure  ..lol like that Busa had a chance running 9.70s to my 8.80s  ...lol...
ices_rofl.gif
Those are awesome times any way you look at it. How much do you weigh, hemi?

(johnnycrash @ May 13 2007,08:40)
(tinbender0 @ May 13 2007,08:22) where is the rest of the video?? did you get beat or something
SHOCKED.gif
ices_rofl.gif
Those are awesome times any way you look at it.  How much do you weigh, hemi?
Ok don't hate me ....
biggrin.gif
I weigh 150 race ready ...
muscle.gif

so if we all agree that ET's and 1/4 mile mph are the ultimate and final barometer to determine the superior motorcycle, wow, I guess the discussion is over...although even that is debatable since your discussion only centers around 3 or 4 rungs up the performance modification ladder. Start including cams, porting, NOS, clutches, gearing, displacement, compression ratios, gross vehicle wt. at launch time, etc. and the argument seems kind of silly. I think there are so many other criteria to look at for comparison (canyon type handling, results after suspension mods, aerodynamic efficiency, aftermarket mod choices available, personal fit, on and on...can we just enjoy all the damn things!

(raydog @ May 13 2007,08:47) so if we all agree that ET's and 1/4 mile mph are the ultimate and final barometer to determine the superior  motorcycle, wow, I guess the discussion is over...although even that is debatable since your discussion only centers around 3 or 4 rungs up the performance modification ladder. Start including cams, porting, NOS, clutches, gearing, displacement, compression ratios, gross vehicle wt. at launch time, etc. and the argument seems kind of silly.  I think there are so many other criteria to look at for comparison (canyon type handling, results after suspension mods, aerodynamic efficiency, aftermarket mod choices available, personal fit, on and on...can we just enjoy all the damn things!
+1 you hit the nail on the head ...Pick what fits you and be happy ...Both are great bikes ...
beerchug.gif

(1300hemibusa @ May 13 2007,08:46)
(johnnycrash @ May 13 2007,08:40)
SHOCKED.gif
ices_rofl.gif
Those are awesome times any way you look at it.  How much do you weigh, hemi?
Ok don't hate me ....
biggrin.gif
 I weigh 150 race ready ...
muscle.gif
AHHHH, the secret is revealed!!! Nothing against ya but you have to admit weighing 150 race ready is a definate advantage on any bike including both the busa and the 14 especially when the guy in the other lane weighs 200 pounds. That alone would take a couple tenths off of anyone's time!! Props to ya though looks like you know how to run that 14!! Impressive!!!
super.gif

(tinbender0 @ May 13 2007,10:53)
(JuiceSC @ May 13 2007,07:22) The one thing that really bugs me about new bikes with 2 or 4 headlights is having only ONE low beam. Looks like you have a headlight out. WTF is that all about? Looks like shiat.

BTW, the busa's headlight doesn't impress me as far as visibility goes. Can the headlight be adjusted for height?  I need to bring up mine a little to put the beam out farther ahead. (or lower the rear, NOT)
yes they can be adjusted...there is two adjustment bolts inside the nose......They look like they have notches cut arund the perimeter of them and I think they are kind of gold in color.I adjusted mine and I don't need H.I.D.....
Look in your owners manual, You have to remove the plastic above the front fender right under the headlamp unit, then use a philips screwdriver to turn the adjusters. The screwdriver will pass through these little metal u-shaped brackets and engage the teeth of the adjuster screws.

It all boils down to what fits you..........at 6.0 212....its got to be one of the big boys......
beerchug.gif

+! on the Kaw trannies. Every Kaw I have been on has had a super smooth tranny. Almost feels broken it is so smooth. My R1 and Busa feel about the same. Mack truck. LOL

(raydog @ May 13 2007,11:47) so if we all agree that ET's and 1/4 mile mph are the ultimate and final barometer to determine the superior  motorcycle, wow, I guess the discussion is over...although even that is debatable since your discussion only centers around 3 or 4 rungs up the performance modification ladder. Start including cams, porting, NOS, clutches, gearing, displacement, compression ratios, gross vehicle wt. at launch time, etc. and the argument seems kind of silly.  I think there are so many other criteria to look at for comparison (canyon type handling, results after suspension mods, aerodynamic efficiency, aftermarket mod choices available, personal fit, on and on...can we just enjoy all the damn things!
Yeah, 'cause if that was the case, when the $65K Ducati Desmosedici RR is on the street, it would be on top!

Ducati_Desmosedici_RR1_JPG.JPG

(nitrousjunkie @ May 13 2007,10:19) Greg, Is that dex/cool antifreeze I see in one of the Busas?
Its water/wetter and distilled water 50/50 mix of each. Works very well.

(raydog @ May 13 2007,08:02) You know, I rode both the Busa and the 14 eight months ago and am totally satisfied with my Busa.  What angers me are the stupid headlines used in all the bike magazines..."ZX-14 dethrones Hayabusa" and "A new topdog on the block".  That's all crap designed to sell more magazines, not give an objective comparison of 2 very fine bikes....bikes that less than 3% of their owners will leave bone stock, therefore the comparison is irrelevant.  One more RANT....given the incredible cult like following and amazing aftermarket industry that has grown up around the Hayabusa....when one searches the last 8 years of motojournalism, one finds a sad lack of reporting and testing of the Hayabusa in porportion to its popularity and significance in the motorcycle world.  There, I said it!    Raydog
I agree!
beerchug.gif
I haven’t read a very good and direct assessment of the Hayabusa in a long, long time. If there’s an article on the Busa, it’s usually a photo shoot of something blinged out or another antagonizing Busa vs. whatever, Busa being dethroned, etc. type of article to promote more than analyze. The Hayabusa has remained mostly still the same for 8 years. That’s unheard of in the world of Sport bikes. It’s an accomplishment within itself, let alone remaining on top with no major changes!
muscle.gif

Hey GoFaster, you are an articulate, intelligent person for at least 3 reasons; 1) you agree with me 2) you own a Busa 3) you live in Nevada too!

And one more thing while on this thing...Bling isn't bad, but painting a sex organ with a dagger sticking through it...or an alligator with breasts on my gas tank is pretty low priority compared to dialed in suspension, brakes and horsepower. Raydog

(raydog @ May 13 2007,15:11) Hey GoFaster, you are an articulate, intelligent person for at least 3 reasons; 1) you agree with me 2) you own a Busa 3) you live in Nevada too!

And one more thing while on this thing...Bling isn't bad, but painting a sex organ with a dagger sticking through it...or an alligator with breasts on my gas tank is pretty low priority compared to dialed in suspension, brakes and horsepower.         Raydog
Why thank you! And staying true to form, I must say that I agree with you again.
bowdown.gif
Bling by no means is bad. Obviously many Hayabusas are incredibly beautiful due to the bling. But, as mentioned, some things are just over the top.
rock.gif
I’ve always enjoyed making the Busa look good, but I feel making it perform better, whether horsepower or handling, etc., does take some priority; at least to me. If I were to do something to my Hayabusa, I’d sometimes make a modification count, i.e. one visual mod for two performance mods. I guess that I get tired of some people that try to make their ride look good, but don’t know how to ride it!
poke.gif
All style, no substance! Hey, another topic; how many riders try to look good, but don’t know what they’re doing?
bluegrab.gif
Just kidding--------not! Sorry, too long.

Yea I remember a few years ago a dude got off a ZX12R and told some people he had never been beaten by a Hayabusa; he also said his bike was totally stock. I looked at this guy and he couldn't have weighed more than 135 lbs in leathers, soaking wet--- not too hard to figure out with a power to weight ratio like that.

Back