Zx-14 looks better in black ?????

tinmann840

Registered
I keep hearing that the ZX-14 looks killer in black. Well there is one for sale on ebay and I'm yet to find anything that I can say that Ilike about them.

a5_12.jpg

Is it me or does the front cowl seem to be really far out over the front fender.

<!--EDIT|tinmann
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147510015 -->

a3_12.jpg

If you'll notice in the first pic the nose of the bike is almost even with the front Fender.  It looks to about 2 inches or less from being perpendicular to the front fender

a5_12.jpg

To be honest I don't really care what ZX13.5 looks like.....

... I ride a beautiful busa  
cool.gif

I was just looking at that picture and I think I see my mane gripe with the looks of the thing. If you look at the side view the thing appears massive around the front end. The sides of the fairing bulge way up close to front wheel and the upper fairing itself is just well.... massive. But in the rear it is all opened up. The design is just disjointed and broken, no flow at all. The grills aside these aesthetic issues are just not pushing any of the right buttons for me. I work with a whole bunch of designers and all of them hate the styling of this thing. In the words of Gunny Tom Highway "This thing is a cluster F$$%"!

The lines just don't seem to have a flow to them. Looks like you photchopped 3 or 4 bikes togtether.

But, I didn't like the looks of the busa when it first came out.

<!--EDIT|Professor
Reason for Edit: "typo"|1147544820 -->

more "ugly" for your viewing pleasure?...

BWSIX7.jpg

I snapped that shot under the kawi tent at daytonas bike week a couple months back...and it's still fugly!
laugh.gif

I will say this though...first ride reviews of the clutch durability and engine are impressive...to bad the rest can't be said for the rest of the bike or kawi could've had a real live one on their hands...I know this...if I had been the Lead Project Engineer for the Motor I'd be kicking the entire chassis/fairing design teams azz about now!
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

laugh.gif

Why ?? Couldn't they design something to cover these headers ?? I guess they'll say later it helps to cool engine.
Looks cheaply done to me.

<!--EDIT|tinmann
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147548699 -->

why.jpg

I kept reading the posts about the "George Foreman grills" and did not get it until I saw it in black..... now that I have when ever I see it no matter what color that is all I can think of.....
ices_rofl.gif

I was thinking the same thing professor! Part of it is rounded off and part of it is angular, in short it looks like a cross between a new Cadillac and a 53 Chevy pick-up. As a matter of fact i'm getting queasy just looking at it.:(

Looks like the fairings and nose are all pieced together and as an after thought.......wonder how many pieces you end up with after removing. The Busa design has a very pleasing flow.......the kawa just looks fragmented.
rock.gif
rock.gif

rock.gif

Back