ZX-14... ok what's the deal?

FJRider

Registered
Well we've all seen pictures of the ZX-14 in mags, bike shows, etc. I'm I the only one that finds it weird that no one has seen any performance figures on the thing? I haven't even seen a weight figure yet. Anyone know?

Obviously it's ugly and it has the ability to cook a steak, burger, (or the rider's legs?), but if its really such a big deal, why aren't magazines jumping at testing it? Could it be just 50cc's worth of advertising and marketing hipe? Are they're afraid of putting it to the test?
rock.gif
Or does Kawi have some inside information on the '07 Busa and they're embarrassed to lay claim to being the shortlived King?
biggrin.gif

I've been wondering the same thing as kaw sure is being awefully "cloak & dagger" with the figures and specs.
rock.gif

Theres no question Kawasaki knows how to make power. But the overall package (AKA Hayabusa) has been a moving target for them historically. Styling, performance, Reliability, Integrity, aftermarket support etc. They have hyped this thing up so much they are bound to get crucified unless it is 100% perfect first time out. Anybody who has ever worked in product development knows that is a tough one! Can't blame em for trying though.

Maybe they don’t want to take the heat for breaking the 186mph agreement. Personally I don’t care who breaks it at the end of the day we are getting a better bike. Goodbye 186 hello 200+! Even if they do nothing busa owners still have the perfect shell to work with. Aerodynamically its spot on just use the aftermarket manufactures to choose your power up grade. Only thing holding you back is you and a few bucks.

The ZX13.5 feels comfortable to sit on, but has a long as hell feeling IMO.

Come on guys, face the facts
idea.gif
it's two things ! UGLY
AAAssjani.gif
and FAST
blush.gif
 ! How fast is still in question
rock.gif
, but with the right rider alot faster than I am on my Busa
wink.gif
! Of course that rider would be alot faster than I am riding my Busa  
laugh.gif

Well since you asked so nicely...

The ZX14 performance #'s are being kept hush hush for 2 reasons.

1. They are still trying to give dealers a chance to sell any leftover ZX12R's they may have. Once the ZX14 hits the showroom floor the ZX12R's will be sold at a big loss to the dealership just to get rid of them and make room for the 2006 lineup. This is the same tactic Suzuki is using with their alledged 1500cc Hayabusa coming out in late 06 as an early release 07 model. It's just good business, that's it.

2. By not releasing any numbers on peformance, they reserve the option to make last minute changes if need be. Again, it's smart business sense and nothing more.

The ZX14 will be a monster. With 1,000 more RPM, 53cc more displacement, a full 1.7:1 higher compression, similar aerodynamics, and kawasaki's class leading ram air efficiency.... The 14 will HUMILIATE the current Hayabusa and ZX12R much like the Busa and 12R embarrassed the CBR1100XX.

It's the next level of evolution in the big bore market. Higher displacement with a higher state of tune.

The future is here and the Busa/12 is now going to be what the XX/ZX11 was to us all these years.

Progress waits for nobody, especially not your ego's.

sounds fair enough...'cept for that last line.

keep it nice thou,don't bring the shack in here.

fair warning ok?
I'll toss it qwik.

If you ask me, Kawi is scared of what the new Busa is going to do. They are chicken poops(insert better word here). Just release it and take the possible speed king for a few months until you get your poopers(another space for a better word) handed to you with the new Busa.

Back