The ZX-14

busa_boy_69

Registered
Does anyone know anywhere that you can see actual #'s on this bike yet? All I keep reading is how this thing is the Busa Beater and all that and how powerfull it's supposed to be but I have seen any facts on it. I am just curious to see what it does.

lurk.gif

which means.... there are no numbers yet......

Yeah I read through all Kaw's crap about this bike already. I just wanna see what it actually TESTS at. I swear though this whole thing is really irritating the crap out of me. One thing that really pisses me off about something is an unfair fight. You take a 12 and BORE the freaking thing and then put it up against an UNTOUCHED Hayabusa and then brag that you won??? I mean come on kawasaki. Lets pick a fair match huh? Thats like bragging that you beat a ford pinto with a Corvette. Now lets take a hayabusa and do a nice bore job on it and then what? I can tell ya it would prolly be considered the fastest again and steal the spotlight back. Ahhh well I guess one of these days ZUK will prolly drop the bomb again and retake the throne. I am just aggrevated how Kaw went about this. I just wanna see some numbers on it to. Cuz for all the bragging they are already doing they had better be BLOWING the busa away and I just don't see that happening. Anytime you are doing 9's in the quarter mile already at that point it takes a LOT more power to get quicker. I mean this bike better be pulling high 8's or something to be talking so much smack. Okay (ranting off) lol

busa boy , what is unfair ?

is it unfair that kawi may have stepped up the game ?

i dont get it

another thing , the bike aint even out yet so why speculate and guess  

wait till it comes out and then we will know for sure

no need to get worked up over nothing

i for one hope it is way faster and quicker than a busa

someone needs to step it up already

<!--EDIT|gm1300
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129424359 -->

Yeah I read through all Kaw's crap about this bike already. I just wanna see what it actually TESTS at. I swear though this whole thing is really irritating the crap out of me. One thing that really pisses me off about something is an unfair fight. You take a 12 and BORE the freaking thing and then put it up against an UNTOUCHED Hayabusa and then brag that you won??? I mean come on kawasaki. Lets pick a fair match huh? Thats like bragging that you beat a ford pinto with a Corvette. Now lets take a hayabusa and do a nice bore job on it and then what? I can tell ya it would prolly be considered the fastest again and steal the spotlight back. Ahhh well I guess one of these days ZUK will prolly drop the bomb again and retake the throne. I am just aggrevated how Kaw went about this. I just wanna see some numbers on it to. Cuz for all the bragging they are already doing they had better be BLOWING the busa away and I just don't see that happening. Anytime you are doing 9's in the quarter mile already at that point it takes a LOT more power to get quicker. I mean this bike better be pulling high 8's or something to be talking so much smack. Okay (ranting off) lol
The zx12 ALREADY has been more powerful than the busa. AND you want to talk about fair? The zx12 is 100cc smaller than the busa.

Yes, the 12 was already running 9's - its 4 hundredths of a second behind the busa.

You think the zx14 wont blow the busa away? Youre on crack.

Wake up and smell the extra 150cc over the former zx12...and when you realize that the 12 put out more HP than the busa with a 100cc less...then....

You have to realize that the 14 is getting another 150cc - not just 52cc more than the busa.

Its getting 150cc more than the zx12 had even thought the 12 was overpowering the bus.

I cant stand people that dont know about other bikes, except their beloved busa.

busa boy , what is unfair ?

is it unfair that kawi may have stepped up the game ?

i dont get it

another thing , the bike aint even out yet so why speculate and guess  

wait till it comes out and then we will know for sure

no need to get worked up over nothing

i for one hope it is way faster and quicker than a busa

someone needs to step it up already

Okay I didn't think it was that hard to see the difference.
One has a BORED out motor and the other is in the stock config?
rock.gif
??

The zx12 ALREADY has been more powerful than the busa.  AND you want to talk about fair?  The zx12 is 100cc smaller than the busa.

Yes, the 12 was already running 9's - its 4 hundredths of a second behind the busa.

You think the zx14 wont blow the busa away?  Youre on crack.

Wake up and smell the extra 150cc over the former zx12...and when you realize that the 12 put out more HP than  the busa with a 100cc less...then....

You have to realize that the 14 is getting another 150cc - not just 52cc more than the busa.

Its getting 150cc more than the zx12 had even thought the 12 was overpowering the bus.

I cant stand people that dont know about other bikes, except their beloved busa.
Okay for one thing i didn't say the 12 was a weak bike anyways so I dunno where you are coming up with " I don't know my bikes". My statement was simply that if you took a hayabusa and gave it a bore job that THAT would be an even match up. Right now a factory zx12 with a bore kit is NOT. That is like producing a bike that comes with a full exhaust and power commander out of the box. Now the fact that the Busa had the extra 100 cc's was Kaw's decision not Suzukis to leave it that way so i don't consider that unfair. If Kawasaki would produce a 1300cc bike WITHOUT boring the engine out right now I would not have a problem with it at all. But hey I don't seem to know my bikes very well so what do I know?

The zx12 ALREADY has been more powerful than the busa.  AND you want to talk about fair?  The zx12 is 100cc smaller than the busa.

You think the zx14 wont blow the busa away?  Youre on crack.

Wake up and smell the extra 150cc over the former zx12...and when you realize that the 12 put out more HP than  the busa with a 100cc less...then....

Also dude I can't stand people that just jump on a board and start trash talking someone elses opinion. I see you are a rookie on this board and also ride a 2005 Busa. Are you one of the people that just jumped on the Busa Bandwagon after you saw the movie biker Boys to and your gonna do the same thing now that Kawi has the fastest bike so you can be "cool" and own one?

The 14 has not been released yet therefore there are NO real world #s out there. Remeber before the 05 R1 came out they claimed 180 hp. Well that was at the crank while the darn thing was gettin' 180mph worth of air goin' through it.

Hopefully the 14 will be a better bike than the Busa. Not only more power.. the 12 already has that and falls short. An overall better bike should be expected from kawasaki. It's time they stepped it up. The ZX-11 was king until 92' or so. It's time they take the torch and raise the bar.

Also dude I can't stand people that just jump on a board and start trash talking someone elses opinion.
BB69, like you just did??

How then can you complain when you suppose someone else has done the same to you...

I see you are a rookie on this board and also ride a 2005 Busa. Are you one of the people that just jumped on the Busa Bandwagon after you saw the movie biker Boys to and your gonna do the same thing now that Kawi has the fastest bike so you can be "cool" and own one?[/QUOTE]

Haya's been around the block more than a time or two. He's one of the very small number of folks on this board who've owned both bikes - a 12r and a Busa - so his perspective is worth the time.

Just an FYI...

Does anyone know anywhere that you can see actual #'s on this bike yet? All I keep reading is how this thing is the Busa Beater and all that and how powerfull it's supposed to be but I have seen any facts on it. I am just curious to see what it does.
Okay, now for this.

Grabntwist is right on the money - there likely won't be too much information released until Kawi is closer to a release date. It's a lot of speculation until then.

They have released some stats though - easy enough to find. Looking at the numbers it promises to be a quick bike. If it isn't quicker than the Busa I would be completely amazed...

The 12r holds a horsepower advantage on the Busa with 100cc less displacement. The ZX-14 adds 153cc to the 12r, adds .5 point compression in that larger bore, adds 5.6mm stroke, adds what is supposed to be a better port configuration and rumor has it, even wilder cam specs. Should be quite a beastie.

Then again, the Busa's a proven platform - much to be said for that advantage.

Okay i am just not in the mood for this we support Kawi stuff so i will just end my opinions on this. Haya might be well respected on here because he owns a zx12 but he also has came across to me like a know it all so i apologize to anyone who finds what I said offense but it's okay for him to say he can't stand people like me who have never rode a zx12. Thats cool. Nuff said I just can't wait till the 1661cc factory big bore hayabusa in 2010 I am sure it will be the "ZX14 Killer"

COME ON GUYS SUZUKI HAS ALREADY GIVE US THE AEROS ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS ENGINE WORK A GOOD 1397 WILL SMOKE THE 14 BEFORE THE THING HITS THE MARKET WE HAVE FUN DOING THE MODS TO THE BUSA ANYWAY

COME ON GUYS SUZUKI HAS ALREADY GIVE US THE AEROS ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS ENGINE WORK A GOOD 1397 WILL SMOKE THE 14 BEFORE THE THING HITS THE MARKET  WE HAVE FUN DOING THE MODS TO THE BUSA ANYWAY
I totally agree man but thats exactly my point. If Suzuki did that bore job and offered it on a stock motorcycle it would be a more even match. But you are right. I plan on doing a 1661 job on my bike as soon as the warranty is over on it anyways.

My thing is this, If it takes the ZX14 to make the Busa change, then so be it. Ask yourself this. Do you REALLY think Suzy will let Cowardsawky
tounge.gif
hold the candle for long? Umm no I could not see it happening. Actually I think its great the ninja finally took this long just to beat a 7 year bike?
biggrin.gif
whoptydoo! ahaha

[ Okay I didn't think it was that hard to see the difference.
One has a BORED out motor and the other is in the stock config?
rock.gif
??
i think you misunderstand "bored out".... most all engine manufacturers will use common parts and then for more displacement they "bore" them bigger... and since the bike will be sold with the larger (bored) engine it is indeed "stock config"... and its not like they are calling it the same ZX12 and equipping it with a "bored" out (to 1400cc) engine... what gives?

I just hope that the 14 smokes the busa. That may be the thing to get suzuki off it's ass and re-engineer the busa. One can always hope.

BTW- Isn't the 14 really a 1357 or something along that lines?

Back