zx 14 vers. busa

rocktober

Registered
i was reading that the busa is 175 hp at the crank is this right , the new zx 14 is 197 hp at the crank does this sound right, so the new busa has got to come up with alot of hp to match that

Busa sounds correct, the 14 maybe
wink.gif
, but it's the transfer to the rear wheel that makes the difference not at the crank. Depends on how much HP is loss on each bike. But, without a doubt the 14 is fast in a 1/4 mile, if that's what interest you  
race.gif

Both of these samples are from Wikipedia.

The following numbers are from a 2005 GXR1300R that was tested in October 2005:[6]

Top speed: 306 km/h (190.2 mph) (Bikes produced post 2000 are electronically speed limited to 299 km/h)
60-80 mph: 3.13 seconds (96.6-128.7 km/
80-100 mph: 3.31 seconds (128.7-160.9 km/h)
1/4 mile (402 m): 10.02 seconds @ 143.7 mph (231.3 km/h)
Power: 156.1 hp (116.40 kW) @ 9500 rpm at the rear wheel

ZX-14

Output
140 kw (190 ps)(187 hp) @ 9,500 rpm; 147.1 kw (200 ps)(197 hp) @ 9,500 rpm with RAM air; 154 N/m (113.5 lb/ft) @ 7,500 rpm

My question is, why do we as Busa riders care? Personally, horsepower is not all there is to a bike for me. I picked the Busa because it's a Hyper Sport bike that has a touch of the sporty look, and a touch of the cruiser in it, and while I don't want to offend the ZX-14 owners. I personally don't like the 14's George Forman grills or it's alien eyes.

I think the 14 is a fine bike coming from a pedigree tradition (the ZX-12) and I am sure that I would enjoy riding it. But it's just not for me, even if someone could spank me on the road.

I think the Guys a Voodoo did a MUCH  better job on their Custom Bike. Now that Blue one in Two Wheel is BEAUTIFUL !! I agree, the 14 is not for me, and if I want more horsepower, well
wink.gif
there is always a Turbo. And that's way more than I can handle, in fact, in everyday riding, my Busa is way more than I'll ever need  
beerchug.gif

Almost bought a ZX-14 instead of my Busa because it IS faster. Almost bought a Blackbird because it IS more dependable. So why the Busa... a couple days in this forum and recognizing the passion you members have for the bike pushed me over the fence. You can always make something faster and there will always be something faster than yours. Nature of the game. So thank you to all I have come in communication with and allowing me to share in your passion for owning a piece of history...
beerchug.gif

A friend of mine won $100 off a ZX 14 last week with his '07 busa.

So, if you're going to race, it looks like the ZX 14 is going to be more expensive.

Those Wikipedia numbers are skewed at best. Excuse me,,, but 194mph Guinness World Records!! I guess they are only as good as the people that input the information.

It's so funny how the the Hayabusa's quarter mile times have been forgotten by the chattering ZX13.5 fans. Have you forgotten,, the Hayabusa is FAST too!

Besides, the ZX13.5 is heinous! I don't care where you stand to look at that thing,, I just can't get by it being so ugly! And what is WITH that tail?
crazy.gif

I keep waiting for someone to mount a couple more lights on it huge nose.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

I think they are both fine bikes, and the reality is that while your taste may not be driven to the 14, others are.

Let's keep in mind that the styling of the Hayabusa was not (and in some cases IS not) widely accepted. Many of my friends don't like the way it looks. The reality is that I like the way it looks and that is really all that is important to me. The ZX-14 is the same way for someone somewhere, just not me.

When the bikes are soooo close in performance you can spout off all day which one is faster and better but it all comes down to riders ability and out of everyone i ride with none of them can extract every ounce of power from their machine so it comes down to which one catches your eye and feels right to ride. If you are worried about numbers and want to race on a dyno then go ahead but if i am beaten by another bike in a race then i just flip on the spray and hand them their arse the next run... NITROUS the great equalizer.
rant.gif

Guys, basic piped and tuned the ZX-14 has a 12-13 hp. and 4-5 foot pound of torque advantage. Stock for stock the numbers are about the same. Just FYI...both are great bikes. Not sure why there is so much rif raff....just ride your ride and have fun.
super.gif

They are both pretty close in performance. The ZX-14 barely comes out ahead. In the quarter maybe a bike length or 2. Sometimes dead even. ( too much power to hook up )

The modded zx-14 looks sweet. The bike itself was a little too big so I also went with the busa. The busa seemed a little more sportier than tourer.

The real numbers are in the aftermarket arena $$$
As everyone is painfully familar with, HE/SHE who has the most $$$ will have the fastest machine....
And at last count Suzuki was leading the charge with several 600+ HP machines owned by private individuals
eek2.gif

I will be the first to say, " I Love my 'Busa "... however, at the local bike night last week, I saw a solid black, lowered, ZX14, and it looked Damm Good... !
biggrin.gif
Not good enough to have me thinking about selling my ride. Now, of course the '14 rider wanted a piece of me & my buddies 'Busa's... however, we were in chill mode, and just complimented him on owning such a nice ride ! Lowering does make almost any bike look good !

Steve.

A local Suzuki salesman has a Busa and his friend rides a 14. He says that if he gets in front of the 14 the 14 is can`t catch him. If the 14 gets in front he can`t pass it. Dealer says the only problem he has seen with the 14 is it gets hot fast. Both are nice bikes.

Fer crying out loud,,, IS THIS A HAYABUSA BOARD?

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE STEP THIS SIDE OF THE FENCE!

You all remind me of a bunch of church nancy's I used to chase around the school yard when class was out!
laugh.gif
bluegrab.gif

"They're both NICE bikes!"
flamethrowingsmiley.gif

(GPW @ Jun. 25 2007,13:29) Guys, basic piped and tuned the ZX-14 has a 12-13 hp. and 4-5 foot pound of torque advantage. Stock for stock the numbers are about the same. Just FYI...both are great bikes. Not sure why there is so much rif raff....just ride your ride and have fun.  
super.gif
Good post from a guy who knows.

In other words, IF you know how to ride your Busa and if it's even modded at all w/ some performance goodies, you can out-match a 14... because it comes down to rider skill. A pro rider who knows the ins and outs of the Busa can take a stock Busa and win vs. a 14 with pipes, etc.

Knowledge is power when power alone can't win it for you...

Another thing.... and it's been said time and time again...

... in the REAL WORLD ON THE STREETS it comes down to the rider and not just the bike. In the real world a Gixxer 1k could hands down blast the Busa and the 14 if riders were taking the back roads from point A to point B.

C*()#t! The Busa has already been proven to hand the 14 its arse in the twisties stock vs stock... so dyno numbers mean nothing.

And think about it... if you're on the freeway or on some straight and you're about to race another bike.... it comes right down to the rider who has the balls to push the limit to get the victory. I'm sure there is a Busa rider out there who got his arse handed to him on a silver platter by a Katana or even a Goldwing in a race just because the noob Busa rider was too scared or inexperienced to take the race past the 120mph mark or race in the conditions that existed. See? It's about the rider and not the bike at all.

The Busa and 14 are so evenly matched... just like how the Gixxer 1k is, too. It comes down to the riders.

guns.gif
which bike is faster on paper. It only matters on the streets.

When I got my Busa I went there for a Gixxer 1000, but they didn't have any in stock, and they had a waiting list. So I walked over to check out the Busa. Well right next to it was a 14, blue & black. Well side by side the 06 LE won out.

I still wonder what would of happened if that 14 would have been the all black one ? Because whenever I see a all black 14 I have to go look at it FOR A WHILE !!!!!!

AND HAVE YOU SEEN GREG'S RED 14 ?

WOOOOOOOOOOW !!!!!!!!!!
HAD SOMETHING LIKE THAT BEEN IN THE SHOP THAT DAY, THERE'S NO DOUBT I WOULD BE A 14 RIDER TODAY !!

But for me it's all about motorcycles!!!!!!!! I love, and wish I could have ALMOST all of them.

I would have to disagree with all of you. I just traded my 05 busa, yosh cam, pipe, pc111, filter, small box mod, 42 tooth rear on a 07 zx 14. I loved my busa but my dealership just purchased a honda kawi shop so the boss gave me one hell of a deal so I decided to jump ship. I am not real happy with the looks [I got the blue] but the performance, ride, handling, ect is great. For those of you that think the 14 does not handle just ride one and see I know you will be impressed. I does heat up easy but you cares the fan kicks on and its fine. Any way I got my power package from greg and let me tell you what the thing would smoke my busa no contest.
I loved my busa and still get sad evertime I walk by it in our showroom, I really hope someone buys it soon. I will buy a new busa next year because I am sure it is better than the old generation. But you guys with a piped pcd busa better not get to froggy about racing a simliar modded 14. As far as Im concerned anyone can do a roll on race, hell put it in gear and gas it what so hard about that? wot

(Cookie @ Jun. 25 2007,20:18) Fer crying out loud,,, IS THIS A HAYABUSA BOARD?

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE STEP THIS SIDE OF THE FENCE!

You all remind me of a bunch of church nancy's I used to chase around the school yard when class was out!
laugh.gif

bluegrab.gif

"They're both NICE bikes!"  
flamethrowingsmiley.gif

Meh.

You know what I hate. People who think that there are no other options out there. If being realistic about the fact that there are faster bikes out there, and that they can be well made is being on the fence. Then I am on the fence.

I love motorcycles. My ego isn't tied to my bike, and so I love all bikes. If I was broke, I would ride a Ninja 250 and never think about it.

There is nothing wrong with the 14. It's just not for you. I would still pick the Hayabusa, but the 14 isn't a bad bike and from what I hear, it's a well made bike.

So nyah.
zzwhip.gif

Back