zx 14 vers. busa

does it really matter that a pro racer on a 14 can beat a busa by hundreths of a second? no. its really up to the rider. being that i wont dare race on public roads i guess id lose to just about any bike. not saying i wont ride fast, i do at times as everyone with a sport bike does. i just wont let my ego get in the way of a foolish decision to race on public roads. i bought the busa cause ive wanted one for some time but really like race reps. i was ready for a mix of comfort and performance and always loved the look. if the new busa comes with all the updated goodies ill get one even if its still hundreths of a sec slower than a 14
biggrin.gif

(Nekosohana @ Jun. 26 2007,06:48)
(Cookie @ Jun. 25 2007,20:18) Fer crying out loud,,, IS THIS A HAYABUSA BOARD?

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE STEP THIS SIDE OF THE FENCE!

You all remind me of a bunch of church nancy's I used to chase around the school yard when class was out!
laugh.gif
bluegrab.gif

"They're both NICE bikes!"
flamethrowingsmiley.gif

Meh.

You know what I hate. People who think that there are no other options out there. If being realistic about the fact that there are faster bikes out there, and that they can be well made is being on the fence. Then I am on the fence.

I love motorcycles. My ego isn't tied to my bike, and so I love all bikes. If I was broke, I would ride a Ninja 250 and never think about it.

There is nothing wrong with the 14. It's just not for you. I would still pick the Hayabusa, but the 14 isn't a bad bike and from what I hear, it's a well made bike.

So nyah.
zzwhip.gif

Well, good for you!

There has to be some people that like gangly and hideous things. I guess we found a few! Some people love Ferrari's, some love the boxy forms of WRX-STI's. There will never be a total explanation of differences in tastes or lack thereof.

Oh yeah,,, scurry along now! >> www.zx14.org

I am sure they will welcome your translucence with the rest of them.

I am a died-in-the-wool Suzuki fan! I clearly do not like the ill-produced, thrown together bikes that Kawasaki develops and am not a fence sitter as you apparently are!

And try no hating,,, it is a wasteful form of existence.
post-52-02136-welcome.gif

You all remind me of a bunch of church nancy's I used to chase around the school yard when class was out!
laugh.gif

bluegrab.gif

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

I caught a church nancy once
wow.gif

jump9.gif
jump9.gif

jump9.gif

They're both amazing bikes...the Busa more so because it is a '98 design and the 14 is a 2006 design. For those that bicker about minutia between the two, just tape yourself to a rocket and call it a day.

(Kweave @ Jun. 26 2007,18:09) She is a pretty one
That is no doubt a beautiful machine but <marquee>FOR THE LOVE OF GOD</marquee> WHY did they choose to put those 1980's Ferrari grills in there. I don't get it. That is my ONLY complaint on the 14. Every other inch of the entire bike is right IMO.
smile.gif

(SnapAttack @ Jun. 25 2007,09:40) Almost bought a Blackbird because it IS more dependable.
cant agree with this the busa is VERY dependable i would venture to say just as if not more dependable.the motor is bullet proof! just my $.02

(Cblast @ Jun. 26 2007,10:56)

laugh.gif
bluegrab.gif

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

I caught a church nancy once
wow.gif

jump9.gif
jump9.gif

NICE!!!
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

jump9.gif

laugh.gif

(CouchRocket @ Jun. 26 2007,17:38)
(Kweave @ Jun. 26 2007,18:09) She is a pretty one
That is no doubt a beautiful machine but <marquee>FOR THE LOVE OF GOD</marquee> WHY did they choose to put those 1980's Ferrari grills in there. I don't get it. That is my ONLY complaint on the 14. Every other inch of the entire bike is right IMO.
smile.gif
george%20Foreman%20grilling.gif

tounge.gif

(busacruz @ Jun. 26 2007,19:56)
(SnapAttack @ Jun. 25 2007,09:40) Almost bought a Blackbird because it IS more dependable.
cant agree with this the busa is VERY dependable i would venture to say just as if not more dependable.the motor is bullet proof! just my $.02
Perhaps your correct and I'm wrong. Remember, I passed up buying a Blackbird to get my Busa. Perhaps it's from rider abuse. I know people who own both and the Busa's tend to be down more. Usually a tranny or clutch issue. IMO if I had a choice to buy a bike with more than 25k miles and it ran me OUT OF MONEY so I could not fix it... I would buy the Blackbird (If I could find one). Dependable lawn mowers, cars, generators, robots, motorcycles... Thanks for the response and happy riding.

(rocktober @ Jun. 25 2007,07:03) i was reading that the busa is 175 hp at the crank is this right , the new zx 14 is 197 hp at the crank does this sound right, so the new busa has got to come up with alot of hp to match that
The busa has 175 at the crank, the 14 has 187, and the ZX-12 had 178 at the crank. The 197 for the 14 is including the ram air effect. Those are all factory ratings which can be a little skewed. In the real world on real dyno's the 14 has about 10 hp more than a busa. The new busa has 198 hp with ram air....1 more than the 14, but I've heard the real world numbers may give it a little more of an advantage than that.

Back