The World is going down the tubes.

Okay, yeah, let's go back 300 years...makes perfect sense with what we're talking about NOW...
wink.gif

I'll tell you what...let's start teaching Spanish to kids at an early age.  Everyone will be better off for it; hell, in all honesty, looking back, I wish I HAD been taught Spanish.  It would make me far more marketable in today's economy...

Just brace for the other nations that will later insist we learn their languages too...before you know it, there's no time to teach silly things like chemistry or physics to our kids because they'll be mired down in America's multilingual system...can't wait to hear how we'd handle some obscure tribal dialect at the mercy of a lawyer that "just felt so-and-so was being discriminated against"...let's just keep on rolling with it, set no limitations and appease everyone all of the time...that should be easy enough...  
all_coholic.gif

(VaBusa @ Oct. 11 2006,12:02) Okay, yeah, let's go back 300 years...makes perfect sense with what we're talking about NOW...
wink.gif

I'll tell you what...let's start teaching Spanish to kids at an early age.  Everyone will be better off for it; hell, in all honesty, looking back, I wish I HAD been taught Spanish.  It would make me far more marketable in today's economy...

Just brace for the other nations that will later insist we learn their languages too...before you know it, there's no time to teach silly things like chemistry or physics to our kids because they'll be mired down in America's multilingual system...can't wait to hear how we'd handle some obscure tribal dialect at the mercy of a lawyer that "just felt so-and-so was being discriminated against"...let's just keep on rolling with it, set no limitations and appease everyone all of the time...that should be easy enough...  
all_coholic.gif
Now you're getting it!  
beerchug.gif

BTW ... I have never used chemistry in my normal life since the day I graduated ... unless you count mixing water, sugar, and Kool-aid in order to make a deliciously yummy drink.
smile.gif

Physics I do use though. How else am I supposed to know that a Busa travelling at 180mph will take longer to stop than a Busa travelling 170mph ... unless the 180mph Busa has the steel-braided brakelines and the 170mph is still in stock form.
smile.gif

smile.gif

(extreemachine @ Oct. 11 2006,09:36) When you go to another country do you see english at the bottom of signs to translate there language. Never!
actually in Japan you do, and in the UAE you see English a lot. Havent been to all other countries of non english language but the ones I have been to do have translated signs all over the place. Mainly for transportation purposes like road signs and such though.

THIS LAND OF OURS "AMERICA" WAS BUILT ON THE BACKS OF IMMIGRANTS. I CONSIDER MYSELF TO BE 100% AMERICAN, BORN AND RAISED! BUT I AM OF PUERTO RICAN DESCENT. I LOVE THIS COUNTRY TO THE FULLEST AND EVERYONE IS HUMAN BEFORE ANYTHING. ABOUT THE WHOLE LANGUAGE THING "LEARN AS MUCH AS YOU CAN" YOU WONT REGRET IT! Soon there will be no such thing as race, and if you notice it doesnt matter what color you are, it matters how many benjamins in your pocket. Everyone needs some culture in there life, we fear what we don't know.
rant.gif

I am half Cape verdian and half italian...Both my grandparents speak their native languages and never taught their kids...yes I wish i knew them both ,But they didnt teach their kids to make them more Americanized and i understand why they did that. One of my employees is from guatamala and has lived here for 16 years and has a green card and is just learning english now. i dont even know how he did it?

(warwgn @ Oct. 11 2006,12:07)
(extreemachine @ Oct. 11 2006,09:36) When you go to another country do you see english at the bottom of signs to translate there language. Never!
actually in Japan you do, and in the UAE you see English a lot. Havent been to all other countries of non english language but the ones I have been to do have translated signs all over the place. Mainly for transportation purposes like road signs and such though.
True .. the universal language is considered to be english. So it only make sense to have the english language embedded in other contries.

Funny.

In a world where more and more countries and going to English as a primary or required secondary language, we have a bunch of people trying to force Spanish down our own throats in our own country..

If that isn’t the epitome of arrogance and laziness what is?

If I were Hispanic I would be embarrassed of my people to try and force people to cater to MY needs.

If I were an illegal immigrant I would be embarrassed to think I had any rights to assistance from this country, or the right to use our legal system against us.

I would be thankful the country wasn’t going out of its way to track me down in the middle of the night end deport myself and my entire family..

I personally think that if a person is born in this country and the persons parents are not legalized citizens, that should not give the child an automatic right to be a citizen of this country.

That policy in itself and spawned a whole set of problems “oh you cant deport me because my child is a legal US citizen and it will break the family up, and you can deport my child because my child is a US citizen.â€￾

You know what. Fugg it, change the policy, grandfather everyone in that has already been born here. But establish a date that anyone born after a certain date to illegal immigrants does not gain any US rights, they will be born illegal immigrants.

And we need to enforce deportation of all illegal immigrants.

I wasn’t saying much when illegal immigrants were coming here trying to earn a living to support their family, but when they start pushing the crap down my throat, making me learn their language, suing our country and having the audacity to think they have ANY rights at all other than the right to go the he11 home if they are not happy here, that is when I start to get pissed

Funny how all the illegal movement is doing is pushing people who were on the fence keeping quite to now voice out against them.

thrasherfox:
If I were an illegal immigrant I would be embarrassed to think I had any rights to assistance from this country, or the right to use our legal system against us.
You can't blame them for finding loopholes and using them. You can only be upset at the ones who leave those loopholes in place.

Though on a much smaller scale, that's like a cop giving you a speeding ticket but forgetting to make you sign. When you take it to court, would you pay the fine knowing you were wrong or use that loophole to get out of it? I'm can't speak for you but in my case, that ticket would be dismissed.
wink.gif

So who would be to blame? Me for taking advantage of that loophole or the cop for not making me sign?

You can't blame them for making the law work for them. You can only blame the lawmakers for allowing the law to work for them.
OK ... I'm done .. gotta go to work.

(Spigga @ Oct. 11 2006,09:16)
(PUNN1025 @ Oct. 11 2006,12:08) THIS LAND OF OURS "AMERICA" WAS BUILT ON THE BACKS OF IMMIGRANTS.
'Nuff said.

Taken from another thread.
laugh.gif
Oh that's Awesome!!!

smile.gif

We've been hated for generations folks. At least this is how the media presents it. WE MUST HATE! Or we are un-American and our fat asses aren't "ON BOARD" with the program.

Tell you what though. I don't travel as much as I used to. But when I have been over seas I have allways found that despite whatever the media may or may not say. In the REST of the world, out side of our borders and Bullcrap media? Americans are looked at as a curiosity maybe, but only in a few select countries can you genuinely FEEL HATE.

Most of the worlds people are pretty much like us, only less fat. They do not live their lives via politics and Hate. They make American jokes JUST like we make French jokes. But when yo uactually meet face to face I have always found them dang "Foreigners" to be some of the most polite and friendly folks you'll ever meet.

When over seas TRY NOT to be an AMERICAN... Just be a fuggin Person. NOBODY CARES that you are an American and for the most part they have already figured it out by our lack of fashion sense, LOUDNESS, and Girth.

So just be a person when over seas and "SURPRISE" you get treated real nice 90% of time... Millions of Americans travel all over the world all the time. The "Incidents" we hear about are Isolated, far and few between....

Most likely the victims of "random" violence overseas are from fuggin Texas or the South anyway.
smile.gif
They seem to WANT to be treated special overseas (OR IN another State) and their accents get more pronounced and their hillbilly volume gets louder and louder till the locals have to club em' just to shut them the hell up...
ices_rofl.gif

North Korea has been sticky for decades... It will be interesting to see how this plays out. One thing to consider is that the US has had a dual front scenario on hand for decades. This isn't a surprise to the decision makers and leaders...

smile.gif

(Spigga @ Oct. 11 2006,09:41) thrasherfox:
You can't blame them for finding loopholes and using them. You can only be upset at the ones who leave those loopholes in place.

Though on a much smaller scale, that's like a cop giving you a speeding ticket but forgetting to make you sign. When you take it to court, would you pay the fine knowing you were wrong or use that loophole to get out of it? I'm can't speak for you but in my case, that ticket would be dismissed.
wink.gif

So who would be to blame? Me for taking advantage of that loophole or the cop for not making me sign?

You can't blame them for making the law work for them. You can only blame the lawmakers for allowing the law to work for them.
OK ... I'm done .. gotta go to work.
It is a thing called integrity.

There have been numerous times in my life I could have filed law suits against companies and i probably would have won, however I didnt file law suits because while I could have won, they were grey areas and I just didnt feel right about taking advantage of the system.

So yes, I can blame them for taking advantage of our system. Those that take advantage of legal loop holes often have no integrity.

And yes, if a police officer forgot to make me sign a ticket and I went to court I would leave it up to the judge on what he wanted to do.

It is called integrity

Gotta mention here that having a cop forget to sign something thus creating a loophole for someone to get out of a ticket pales in comparison to someone illegally entering this country, using our emergency rooms for free medical care, milking the system for financial aid at the expense of taxpayers and flying under the radar for years while living on welfare...it definitely is a lack of integrity and if anyone thinks that using loopholes to that extreme is a-okay JUST BECAUSE THEY CAN is not deserving of becoming a citizen of this country...

We certainly can blame our gov't and the lack of checks and balances that routinely dole out the goods to non-citizens, but I can't help but question those that find a free ride perfectly okay. Their ideal of a "better life" here turns in to a life of "how much can I get away with and for how long?" The cherry on top is that these illegals continue to cry foul against America by suing corporations or making claims of discrimination...it's laughable at best...

(thrasherfox @ Oct. 11 2006,09:22) Funny.

In a world where more and more countries and going to English as a primary or required secondary language, we have a bunch of people trying to force Spanish down our own throats in our own country..

If I were Hispanic I would be embarrassed of my people to try and force people to cater to MY needs.

I would be thankful the country wasn’t going out of its way to track me down in the middle of the night end deport myself and my entire family..

I personally think that if a person is born in this country and the persons parents are not legalized citizens, that should not give the child an automatic right to be a citizen of this country.

That policy in itself and spawned a whole set of problems “oh you cant deport me because my child is a legal US citizen and it will break the family up, and you can deport my child because my child is a US citizen.â€￾

You know what. Fugg it, change the policy, grandfather everyone in that has already been born here. But establish a date that anyone born after a certain date to illegal immigrants does not gain any US rights, they will be born illegal immigrants.

I wasn’t saying much when illegal immigrants were coming here trying to earn a living to support their family, but when they start pushing the crap down my throat, making me learn their language, suing our country and having the audacity to think they have ANY rights at all other than the right to go the he11 home if they are not happy here, that is when I start to get pissed

Funny how all the illegal movement is doing is pushing people who were on the fence keeping quite to now voice out against them.
Cut the BS, its all political crap! Just a bunch of shite that the media fills you with. Theres two sides to every story and you know what the only thing I feel is sorry for the people involved. Why don't we talk about how when I drive through Chicago there is such a big difference on how much money is invested in the north side compared to the south side (southside being mostly black) how there is so many freakin empty lots in a black neighborhood where up north I cant even find parking, or how about how on every corner you can find a liqour store! QUESTION? who trained Bin Laden, whos got history with his whole family? And guess what majority of all those people that went down in those two buildings on 9/11 THEY WERE IMIGRANTS! AMERICAN IMIGRANTS!! From the person in that top floor making 6 figures to the person cleaning the toilets!
Lets find something else to put on the news!!

(PUNN1025 @ Oct. 11 2006,13:58)
(thrasherfox @ Oct. 11 2006,09:22) Funny.

Cut the BS, its all political crap! Just a bunch of shite that the media fills you with. Theres two sides to every story and you know what the only thing I feel is sorry for the people involved. Why don't we talk about how when I drive through Chicago there is such a big difference on how much money is invested in the north side compared to the south side (southside being mostly black) how there is so many freakin empty lots in a black neighborhood where up north I cant even find parking, or how about how on every corner you can find a liqour store! QUESTION? who trained Bin Laden, whos got history with his whole family? And guess what majority of all those people that went down in those two buildings on 9/11 THEY WERE IMIGRANTS! AMERICAN IMIGRANTS!! From the person in that top floor making 6 figures to the person cleaning the toilets!
Yes, they are/were immigrants...
And I bet they came here the right way, no matter how difficult...
And as for the difference in the North and South sides in Chicago, well if you were an investor and wanted to build a store, office, etc...
Would you built in a high crime area or the area where your investment will not only be safe but profitable...
And if the high crime area is in the Southside and a mostly black area, thats not racism or being unfair to immigrants or poor people...
Thats statistics...

David

I say we create our own language and everyone else has to learn it...a new language with pops and whistles and funny arm movements.
all_coholic.gif

(BlueHaya @ Oct. 11 2006,14:11) I say we create our own language and everyone else has to learn it...a new language with pops and whistles and funny arm movements.
all_coholic.gif
Perhaps the language from The Gods Must be Crazy...
Remember the little guy trying to throw the Coke bottle away because he thought is was evil...

David

(BlueHaya @ Oct. 11 2006,15:11) I say we create our own language and everyone else has to learn it...a new language with pops and whistles and funny arm movements.
all_coholic.gif
ices_rofl.gif

(PUNN1025 @ Oct. 11 2006,14:58) Cut the BS, its all political crap! Just a bunch of shite that the media fills you with. Theres two sides to every story and you know what the only thing I feel is sorry for the people involved. Why don't we talk about how when I drive through Chicago there is such a big difference on how much money is invested in the north side compared to the south side (southside being mostly black) how there is so many freakin empty lots in a black neighborhood where up north I cant even find parking, or how about how on every corner you can find a liqour store! QUESTION? who trained Bin Laden, whos got history with his whole family? And guess what majority of all those people that went down in those two buildings on 9/11 THEY WERE IMIGRANTS! AMERICAN IMIGRANTS!! From the person in that top floor making 6 figures to the person cleaning the toilets!
What you described in Chicago is true of every major city in the U.S.  Another topic altogether...

There are TWO ways to enter this country...LEGALLY and ILLEGALLY...guess which one is probably frowned upon and guess who pays for those that opt to "hide" in our country?  I feel sorry for the taxpayers footing the bill for these clowns.  I think about the couple that is barely making it on minimum wage, working two jobs, living in subsidized housing, no frills, new baby on the way and part of their checks go to pay for illegal immigrants hiding in our country.  Feel sorry for them, not the ones hiding in the loopholes...

Back