N. Korea threatens US; world anticipates missile

I don't see us nuking anyone. If we did anything but laugh at him in the UN, we might smart bomb him back a decade or so. :whistle:

If we take out NK..we dont have enough money to rebuild it... Oh wait..i know....add a new tax on cigarettes! Bingo..instant cash.:thumbsup:

If we take out NK..we dont have enough money to rebuild it... Oh wait..i know....add a new tax on cigarettes! Bingo..instant cash.:thumbsup:

You're right though...we'd have to spend our money on the bombs/forces then spend the money to rebuild it...:banghead:...HHmmm

We could have taken some of the proceeds from all that oil wasted the last few years and kept some of our own gas prices down...HHmmm

I just have one more thing to say...HHmmm

What if that really reaches our soil here??and not the ocean?? We have to sit and wait for the first slap in the face ?? Just not good.. Talks are not helping.. In one ear,out the other.. I just dont ever want to see that day,ever.. I hope things get better in time,but who knows.

Awwwwwwwww Yes, we hit first, then 3 years later we find out that our Intell wasn't correct. They NEVER had a weapon that could hit us ! It's our fault again, so, I'am sure Obama (in his wisdom) will allow whatever happens to happen and then decide how to explain why it's our fault --- AGAIN :laugh:

THEN we'll give them Billions :rofl:

Awwwwwwwww Yes, we hit first, then 3 years later we find out that our Intell wasn't correct. They NEVER had a weapon that could hit us ! It's our fault again, so, I'am sure Obama (in his wisdom) will allow whatever happens to happen and then decide how to explain why it's our fault --- AGAIN :laugh:

THEN we'll give them Billions :rofl:
They need to just let this Org handle this crap, :easy::easy:.. I think Trashy would push the button:laugh:

This is serious, and I am surprised most of the media is covering other topics like Iran election voilence ... Rumor has it the crazy leader of N.K. wants to launch something at us on July 4th!

N. Korea threatens US; world anticipates missile - Yahoo! News

SEOUL, South Korea – North Korea threatened Wednesday to wipe the United States off the map as Washington and its allies watched for signs the regime will launch a series of missiles in the coming days.

Off China's coast, a U.S. destroyer was tailing a North Korean ship suspected of transporting illicit weapons to Myanmar in what could be the first test of U.N. sanctions passed to punish the nation for an underground nuclear test last month.

The Kang Nam left the North Korean port of Nampo a week ago with the USS John S. McCain close behind. The ship, accused of transporting banned goods in the past, is believed bound for Myanmar, according to South Korean and U.S. officials.

The new U.N. Security Council resolution requires member states to seek permission to inspect suspicious cargo. North Korea has said it would consider interception a declaration of war and on Wednesday accused the U.S. of seeking to provoke another Korean War.

"If the U.S. imperialists start another war, the army and people of Korea will ... wipe out the aggressors on the globe once and for all," the official Korean Central News Agency said.

The warning came on the eve of the 59th anniversary of the start of the three-year Korean War, which ended in a truce in 1953, not a peace treaty, leaving the peninsula in state of war.

The U.S. has 28,500 troops in South Korea to protect against an outbreak of hostilities.

Tensions have been high since North Korea launched a long-range rocket in April and then conducted its second underground atomic test on May 25.

Reacting to U.N. condemnation of that test, North Korea walked away from nuclear disarmament talks and warned it would fire a long-range missile.

North Korea has banned ships from the waters off its east coast starting Thursday through July 10 for military exercises, Japan's Coast Guard said.

South Korea's Yonhap news agency reported Wednesday that the North may fire a Scud missile with a range of up to 310 miles (500 kilometers) or a short-range ground-to-ship missile with a range of 100 miles (160 kilometers) during the no-sail period.

A senior South Korean government official said the no-sail ban is believed connected to North Korean plans to fire short- or mid-range missiles. He spoke on condition of anonymity, citing department policy.

U.S. defense and counterproliferation officials in Washington said they also expected the North to launch short- to medium-range missiles. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive intelligence.

South Korea will expedite the introduction of high-tech unmanned aerial surveillance systems and "bunker-buster" bombs in response to North Korea's provocations, the Chosun Ilbo newspaper said, citing unidentified ruling party members.

Meanwhile, a flurry of diplomatic efforts were under way to try getting North Korea to return to disarmament talks.

Russia's top nuclear envoy, Alexei Borodavkin, said after meeting with his South Korean counterpart that Moscow is open to other formats for discussion since Pyongyang has pulled out of formal six-nation negotiations.

In Beijing, top U.S. and Chinese defense officials also discussed North Korea. U.S. Defense Undersecretary Michele Flournoy was heading next to Tokyo and Seoul for talks.

South Korea has proposed high-level "consultations" to discuss North Korea with the U.S., Russia, China and Japan.

___

Associated Press writers Jae-soon Chang in Seoul; Pauline Jelinek, Pamela Hess and Lolita Baldor in Washington and Min Lee in Hong Kong contributed to this report.

We have Nuke subs off their coast and will take out N. Korea in minutes....

I think by "minutes" you meant "seconds" right? Hope that helps! LOL

Seriously though, talk about bringing a knife to a gunfight...what is NK thinking?

The problem is.....NK has the worlds 3rd largest Sub Fleet as well. Think we know where everyone of them are at any given time? Nope.
NK is NO Iraq or Afghanistan. They have an extremely large, powerful & organized military.

The problem is.....NK has the worlds 3rd largest Sub Fleet as well. Think we know where everyone of them are at any given time? Nope.
NK is NO Iraq or Afghanistan. They have an extremely large, powerful & organized military.

My thoughts exactly...no matter what happens, it's not a matter of hitting the button and going to bed for a good nights rest. Remember after 9-11...Bush told us "it's going to be a long dragged out war". It won't be any quicker if something happens with NK.

I personally thought that we would be able to go right through what we're going through in war now with ease. As many now know, this war has not been easy. Mark my words: It'll be worse if we have to play with NK.

It would be nice if China would stand up & take action , They would have alot of pull when it comes to dealing with NK. I think the world as a whole needs to condem this aggression & deal with this Retard immeadiately !

Remember what happened to the last country that bombed Hawaii.......... will history repeat itself.. Hope not for NK sake. They shouldn't stir us up.

They make the best electronics and cars......oh and gaming consoles!

It just seems to me that everytime we are about done somewhere, there's someone else stepping up to the plate to test us out. :poke:

Got this off the internet and I truly believe in this. "Si vis pacem para bellum." It is a latin term that means "if you want peace you must prepare for war." I believe we should have peace, but you must be ready to fight and not be afraid to fight. The N. Koreans are trying to instagate a fight with us and our allies. I am with you busa whipped, we should send them a very special package delivered by a squardon of B2's.

Back