The World is going down the tubes.

Just had to throw this in.

I am active duty Navy and have had the honor of representing our country in over 40 different countries. Having said that, here is this. IF you go to a foreign country and do not speak that language you are at a severe disadvantage. If you are stationed in a foreign country, you are expected, by most of the locals, to learn the language. I believe that it is only right that people who come here to live should learn the language.

I shouldn't have to play my game by someone else's rules, especially if they voluntarily decided to play.

(Devious @ Oct. 11 2006,12:11)
Yes, they are/were immigrants...
And I bet they came here the right way, no matter how difficult...
And as for the difference in the North and South sides in Chicago, well if you were an investor and wanted to build a store, office, etc...
Would you built in a high crime area or the area where your investment will not only be safe but profitable...
And if the high crime area is in the Southside and a mostly black area, thats not racism or being unfair to immigrants or poor people...
Thats statistics...

David[/Quote]
crime doesnt have a color, Statistics huh? Amish school? Columbine? Dahmar? Gasey? When was the last time you heard of an illegal mexican who went crazy after cutting grass all the for 4 bucks an hour and killed a bunch of people or went and drowned his 15 kids that he supports. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying I agree with there ways and I do belive some control is in order but sometimes people tend to take things overboard like that situation about the kid being born here but the mom being illegal. Hey, trailer parks even get a Wal-mart next door (kidding)

You should walk into an American Embassy anywhere in the world,nothing but 3rd world people trying to get visas!

Oh, BTW! She deserves to be shipped back because all she is doing is using that kid as a pawn, I just don' beleive it should be on national news for 3 weeks!
bowdown.gif

damn..what did i start?
rock.gif
But i am usually quiet about these things so i felt like ranting. I feel better that alot of people agree. I know this is a great nation but like I said ...I just have a bad feeling. I hope its just media proganda. Now to change the subject a little..If we are the worlds police do you think the other countries would help us out in korea or will we just be a "Gungh Ho" country and take on the burden ourself. i think alot of young men and women wouldnt want to touch that war, So that means Another draft?

Vabs & thrasher:
I understand intergrity. And Vabs, I did say my example was on a much smaller scale. But the fact is few people (American or not) have integrity, much less can define the word. That's just the way it is.

(riironman @ Oct. 11 2006,15:47) damn..what did i start?
rock.gif

A debate. Nothing more nothing less. Bottom line is everyone is entitled to their opinions and I respect that. I just hope others respect mine. No need to accept it, just respect it.

You, thrasher, Vabs, Devious, and all others on this board are cool in my book. I hope this debate hasn't caused any ill-feelings amongst us.

I have nothing but the highest respect for you my friend...
This is what makes this Board and the people on it so great in my opinion...
We can all agree or agree to disagree...
And in the end, were all still friends and fellow Busa fanatics...

bowdown.gif

David

Absolutely no ill feelings...I always keep in mind that we all come from various backgrounds and experiences in life and what I believe is only my opinion and nothing more, just as it is for everyone else that chimes in...a true democracy if you will, not that spoon fed crap the gov't wants to feed that touts "democracy" yet in reality, if you don't agree with one side or the other, you're just wrong LOL

Everything's cool...oh, and everyone that disagreed with me is wrong
laugh.gif
Kidding, kidding...it's the booze...
all_coholic.gif

(Devious @ Oct. 11 2006,12:15)
(BlueHaya @ Oct. 11 2006,14:11) I say we create our own language and everyone else has to learn it...a new language with pops and whistles and funny arm movements.
all_coholic.gif
Perhaps the language from The Gods Must be Crazy...
Remember the little guy trying to throw the Coke bottle away because he thought is was evil...

David
Thats what i was thinking. That was a great movie..a classic.

The topic of the thread does remind me of something funny...been watching on BBC America the comedian Eddie Izzard...he's hysterical if you can get past his make-up and high heels LOL

Anyway, he's talking about America, politics here, gun control and the like and he starts elaborating on how even the IRA and internal conflict in Ireland was beginning to culminate in "putting down the guns"...he pauses, looks at the New York audience and says with a huge sigh "do you even know there are other countries?" and the crowd laughs hysterically.  I think Americans know we're disliked by many for whatever reason, and that to outsiders our country as a whole seems to be pretty self-centered...whatever your stance, his comment just made everyone laugh at themselves and that's the best you can do at the end of the day...  
beerchug.gif

(riironman @ Oct. 11 2006,09:29) But it sucks that us Americans are not even safe outside of our own borders.  
How much do you travel out of this country, I've done it a lot lately and have come to the realization that just like so many other things, the media tells you what they want you to think, rather than the truth.

Try it, I've been in over a dozen foreign countries just since 9/11 and several others before then and I just don't find the world the media portrays.

Don't believe everything you hear.

(Relsek @ Oct. 11 2006,20:56)
(riironman @ Oct. 11 2006,09
super.gif
) But it sucks that us Americans are not even safe outside of our own borders.  
How much do you travel out of this country, I've done it a lot lately and have come to the realization that just like so many other things, the media tells you what they want you to think, rather than the truth.

Try it, I've been in over a dozen foreign countries just since 9/11 and several others before then and I just don't find the world the media portrays.

Don't believe everything you hear.
Absolutely. Why does the media typically potray us ugly American monsters who should be ashamed of who we are?!? Much of the world has little more than envy for this country and wants to be like us. Like my European-American grandparents, real immigrants must assimilate and show allegiance for this land not try to change it into the place they left behind!!! Immigrants (not ALIENS) should be required to learn English - period.
flamethrowingsmiley.gif

Back