Percentages & statistics about the world

thepushercg

veni vidi vici
Donating Member
Registered
this is long and i hope it has not been posted before
so we are off to the races.

If we could shrink the earths's population to a village of 100 people, with all the existing human ratios remaining the same,it would look something like this:

57 Asians
21 Europeans
14 Western Hemisphere both North and South
8 Africans

52 would be female
48 would be male

70 would be non white
30 would be white

70 would be non christian
30 would be christain

89 would be heterosexual
11 would be homosexual

6 of these's people would possess 59% ofthe entire world's wealth and all 6 would be frome the United States.

80 would live in substandard housing

70 would be unable to read

50 would suffer from maluntrition

1 would be near death
1 would be near birth

1 and only 1 would have a college education

1 would own a computer

when one considers our world from such a compressed perspective, the need for acceptance,understanding and education become glaringly apparent.

something to ponder:

if you woke up this morning with more health than illness----you are more blessed than the million who will not survive the week.

if you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation----you are ahead of 500 million people in the world.

if you can attend a church meeting without fear of harassment, arrest, torture or death---you are more blessed than 3 billion people in the world.

if you have food in the refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof overhead and a place to sleep----- yar are richer than 75% of the world

if you have money in the bank, in your wallet, and spare change in a dish someplace--- you are among the top 8% of the world's wealthy.

if you can read this topic you just received a double blessing in that someone was thinking of you and furthermore you are more bessed than over 2 billion people in the world that can not read at all.

some parting thoughts:

what comes around goes around
work like you don't need the money
love like you've never been hurt
dance like nobody's watching
sing like nobody's listening
live like it's heaven on earth

just something i dug up to share with everone

that sure puts things in perspective...we are blessed

i wonder how much farther up the list being able to afford something like a hayabusa pushes us on the wealthy list?

(semicps @ Oct. 26 2006,21:59) that sure puts things in perspective...we are blessed

i wonder how much farther up the list being able to afford something like a hayabusa pushes us on the wealthy list?
super.gif
beerchug.gif

Wow!
Thanks, lamb needed that!....................................................hard week!
beerchug.gif

we really have it good in america, i guess that is one reason the rest of the world hates us so much.

(thepushercg @ Oct. 26 2006,21:40) 6 of these's people would possess 59% ofthe entire world's wealth and all 6 would be frome the United States.

80 would live in substandard housing
To futher breakdown this statistic ... each of those wealthy people would get mugged by roughly 13 people on a daily basis.
tounge.gif

Think of this.

For $20,000 a year, you can live reasonably, and be in that 8%... shack up with someone and try not to eat out every night and you can make it.
This means, to live 60 years, you need $1,200,000

Seems like a lot until you consider that we spent almost 300 times that amount to watch Spider Man the Movie.
all_coholic.gif

(thepushercg @ Oct. 26 2006,18:40) if you have food in the refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof overhead and a place to sleep----- yar are richer than 75% of the world
.....and 1 of those people would be a pirate.

YAR!!!

(WWJD @ Oct. 27 2006,10:56) but... how many of those women would be blondes?  I NEED TO KNOW!!
from best i can tell only 4 percent of american women are true blondes, with a world wide total of only 2 percent natural blondes.
now add the artificial ones and we come up with around 30 to 35 percent in the world as blondes.

so a rough estimate would be around 15 blondes in the group. and one would be a natural blonde.

Seriously, I read somewhere that REAL blondes are being bred out - the bleech bottle blondes [ex brunettes or whatever] are higher on the breeding list [cuz they look better than natural blones?] and eventually REAL blondes will become an endangered species or exstint altogether

That'll be a sad, SAD day

(WWJD @ Oct. 27 2006,16:09) Seriously, I read somewhere that REAL blondes are being bred out - the bleech bottle blondes [ex brunettes or whatever] are higher on the breeding list [cuz they look better than natural blones?] and eventually REAL blondes will become an endangered species or exstint altogether

That'll be a sad, SAD day
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back