The issues of the world......

Bumblebee

Donating Member
Registered
Here we are in a thread where we can discuss the issues of the world as we see them...

Failing traditions of the western world
Failing religions
Cancel Culture
Feminism
De-masculinity of men
Men dressed as women invading biological women spaces and sports

This thread will work towards us not invading other threads with these thoughts....

As the thread starter, I'm pretty open to all discussions so no need to apologize if we meander off the chosen topic.....

I'll start off......traditions in western culture are slowly being eroded....what was once a society founded on Christianity is slowly being over-come with inclusivity of other religions....Christian holidays such as Christmas are being marginalized to "holiday", Easter seems to have less and less meaning for people...Thanksgiving is being protested by Indigenous folk.

As more and more people are brought into Canada and the US who hate our way of life and have no intention or desire to merge into our society and will maintain their own societies within our countries will lead to future division and isolation.

Here in Canada, Muslim families are calling on having Muslim only schools and communities. My cousin in Calgary tells me a subdivision near hers has been completely bought out by Muslim families and the church was converted to a Mosque. This community will not allow non-Muslim families to move into it and have lobbied to the city council to have broadcasted "call to prayer" during Ramadhan......

It will only be a matter of time before native born radicalized factions gain power by being placed in governmental positions where they can effect the most change.

We saw a bit of a taste of this when our Governor General was a Haitian national......troops and millions upon millions of Canadian taxpayer money was sent to Haiti in support of their national interests.....this Governor General left and the huge support package for Haiti left with her.....and this will happen again and again over time....

I support your views although they are increasingly seen as outdated and colonial by many. Instead of individual countries with separate and defined cultures we are moving towards a globalization of all peoples/ cultures/religions.

In my case, my wife is from the Philippines and her parents live with us. They watch Filipino news on TV, eat Filipino food, can barely speak English after 20 years of living here in the US, and have no "Western" friends.
They are devout Catholics and watch mass on TV every Sunday - in Tagalog.
In many ways they never left the Philippines or adopted the US customs and culture.

My wife is completely "Americanized" but I'd wager many immigrants live like my in-laws - unable and unwilling to let go of their native customs and culture.

See link below.

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”​

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

IMHO, the current Administration consists of weak men, they will fight strong men, and until we get younger strong men into the White House, things will continue going backwards.

Last edited:
I support your views although they are increasingly seen as outdated and colonial by many. Instead of individual countries with separate and defined cultures we are moving towards a globalization of all peoples/ cultures/religions.

In my case, my wife is from the Philippines and her parents live with us. They watch Filipino news on TV, eat Filipino food, can barely speak English after 20 years of living here in the US, and have no "Western" friends.
They are devout Catholics and watch mass on TV every Sunday - in Tagalog.
In many ways they never left the Philippines or adopted the US customs and culture.

My wife is completely "Americanized" but I'd wager many immigrants live like my in-laws - unable and unwilling to let go of their native customs and culture.
What you describe is not a rare occurrence......

I spent 3 yrs in Toronto (we have a military HQ located there) and I learned quite a bit about multi-culturalism and lack of integration...

There are individual pockets of many distinct cultures within Toronto whose citizens never leave, some have lived there for generations and speak very little English and could care less at what happens in the rest of Canada.....although they are governed and policed by Canadian law, many of these communities have their own code of conduct they follow.

In one day I could travel between several very distinct cultures within one city, cultures that have street signs written in their own native tongue and very little to no English signs on their businesses.....There were times when I could be in a different country.

The condo I lived in was located within the Jewish community and was right beside a Synagogue. They were Orthodox Jews which are very devout and not one of them would acknowledge your existence when you pass them on the sidewalk....

There's a Jewish holocaust memorial park across the street from my condo and one day while out for a run in the spring, I noted there was an accumulation of trash around it so I got a garbage bag and started picking up the trash....a family was passing by and stopped in to help me.....it wasn't long after this that I was being greeted by people passing by on the sidewalk and had a Rabbi stop and speak to me.....I was perplexed as it had been only a short time ago that none of them would notice me.....apparently the family told their Rabbi what had happened and I became a friend to the Jewish community.......it goes to show that even a little thoughtfulness can go a long way towards building trust....

^^^^
Jewish people here in the US are mostly pretty well integrated and live as Americans. They may have certain customs, but once out in public it is hard to tell the difference.

A very big part of our economy found its origin from Jewish people.

Facebook, Google, Haagen Dazs, H&R Block, Goldman Sachs, Oracle, Starbucks, ToysRus, Warner Bros, Calvin Klein, Dell, etc., etc,.;l

Talking with a neighbor who is actually a little woke and they agreed that if people in the LGTBQ community would just live their life and not feel the need to advertise what their sexual orientation was, life would be far simpler for them...

It's the extremists who feel the need to place their lifestyle out in the open and use it as a weapon that draws the most ire amongst people who don't condone or agree with their lifestyle....

Here in Canada these people have the same rights as everyone else, they could just live their lives like everyone else and nobody would be none the wiser to their way of life.

People in the fetish community have rights, I wonder how people would react if they advertised their fetishes and expected everyone to accept and respect their view points-no matter how nasty some of these fetishes might be,,,,

Here we are in a thread where we can discuss the issues of the world as we see them...

Failing religions
Cancel Culture
Feminism
De-masculinity of men

This thread will work towards us not invading other threads with these thoughts....

As the thread starter, I'm pretty open to all discussions so no need to apologize if we meander off the chosen topic.....

I'll start off......traditions in western culture are slowly being eroded....what was once a society founded on Christianity is slowly being over-come with inclusivity of other religions....Christian holidays such as Christmas are being marginalized to "holiday", Easter seems to have less and less meaning for people...Thanksgiving is being protested by Indigenous folk.

As more and more people are brought into Canada and the US who hate our way of life and have no intention or desire to merge into our society and will maintain their own societies within our countries will lead to future division and isolation.

Here in Canada, Muslim families are calling on having Muslim only schools and communities. My cousin in Calgary tells me a subdivision near hers has been completely bought out by Muslim families and the church was converted to a Mosque. This community will not allow non-Muslim families to move into it and have lobbied to the city council to have broadcasted "call to prayer" during Ramadhan......

It will only be a matter of time before native born radicalized factions gain power by being placed in governmental positions where they can effect the most change.

We saw a bit of a taste of this when our Governor General was a Haitian national......troops and millions upon millions of Canadian taxpayer money was sent to Haiti in support of their national interests.....this Governor General left and the huge support package for Haiti left with her.....and this will happen again and again over time....
Yeah I'm out. Just too many problems that will take decades to fix/undo. Failing education system. Crumbling infrastructure. Failing healthcare. Failing values. Hemorrhaging tax payer dollars with zero return to us. Debt that will drag down our ability to grow. Failed political system. None of this goes away anytime soon. I have no kids. My parents have passed. I can live far better on less $$ elsewhere.

Yeah I'm out. Just too many problems that will take decades to fix/undo. Failing education system. Crumbling infrastructure. Failing healthcare. Failing values. Hemorrhaging tax payer dollars with zero return to us. Debt that will drag down our ability to grow. Failed political system. None of this goes away anytime soon. I have no kids. My parents have passed. I can live far better on less $$ elsewhere.
A former colleague of mine retired in Costa Rica....he was divorced years ago so is a single guy with a great pension...he sold everything in Canada and moved there lock, stock and barrel....

He has a beautiful ground floor condo near the beach, a bar stool with his name on it at the local tavern, a driver, a house keeper and cook, a couple ladies that come to visit and then leave with no strings...

He lives very well and is enjoying life.....once in a while his kids fly in for a visit with their families and stay in an airBNB, even his ex wife and her new husband has come down to visit him....

A former colleague of mine retired in Costa Rica....he was divorced years ago so is a single guy with a great pension...he sold everything in Canada and moved there lock, stock and barrel....

He has a beautiful ground floor condo near the beach, a bar stool with his name on it at the local tavern, a driver, a house keeper and cook, a couple ladies that come to visit and then leave with no strings...

He lives very well and is enjoying life.....once in a while his kids fly in for a visit with their families and stay in an airBNB, even his ex wife and her new husband has come down to visit him....
For me Costa Rica is overcooked now. But yeah, same idea.

I just had breakfast and just met a 35 year TIS retired Army vet who hasn't lived in the U.S. for 15 years now. He's here to take care of his sister in her final days of cancer. He hasn't been back here in years. I asked him his current thoughts.

"This is the most toxic place I've seen in decades"

"The service here is awful. WTF is with the staff spending time on their phones instead of watching their customers?" He's like "I'm not tipping anyone that I have to ask for service."

Were his remarks.

We had a good chat.

He currently lives in the Dominican Republic.

Talking with a neighbor who is actually a little woke and they agreed that if people in the LGTBQ community would just live their life and not feel the need to advertise what their sexual orientation was, life would be far simpler for them...

It's the extremists who feel the need to place their lifestyle out in the open and use it as a weapon that draws the most ire amongst people who don't condone or agree with their lifestyle....

Here in Canada these people have the same rights as everyone else, they could just live their lives like everyone else and nobody would be none the wiser to their way of life.

People in the fetish community have rights, I wonder how people would react if they advertised their fetishes and expected everyone to accept and respect their view points-no matter how nasty some of these fetishes might be,,,,
It seems your experience with the gay community is different in Canada. Here there is very little advertising as you say. Sure there’s a parade once a year. Doesn’t seem excessive to me but everyone has their own perspective. I think people just need to relax.

I just had breakfast and just met a 35 year TIS retired Army vet who hasn't lived in the U.S. for 15 years now. He's here to take care of his sister in her final days of cancer. He hasn't been back here in years. I asked him his current thoughts.

"This is the most toxic place I've seen in decades"

"The service here is awful. WTF is with the staff spending time on their phones instead of watching their customers?" He's like "I'm not tipping anyone that I have to ask for service."

Were his remarks.

We had a good chat.

He currently lives in the Dominican Republic.
The norm here sucks anyplace else.....

We are fortunate in the area we live in, people are pretty good at customer service...

I've heard good things about the Dominican.....if you went there at least you will know someone....

It seems your experience with the gay community is different in Canada. Here there is very little advertising as you say. Sure there’s a parade once a year. Doesn’t seem excessive to me but everyone has their own perspective. I think people just need to relax.
We have gay villages here (in our major cities) and it seems the pride flag is being flown over some municipal building all the time.....

We have rainbow cross walks and if anyone complains about them, the wrath of the gay community falls on their heads.....

It's so bad that a community out west in Alberta voted to not have any rainbow or pride flags displayed....people were just getting overly inundated with these symbols and had enough....

The norm here sucks anyplace else.....

We are fortunate in the area we live in, people are pretty good at customer service...

I've heard good things about the Dominican.....if you went there at least you will know someone....
DR is gorgeous. But it's an island nation that gets its ass kicked by Hurricanes. I've lived that already. Don't want to do it by choice. And once explored enough it's sort of a "What do I do now" thing. And it's not the best in healthcare and elder care.

We have gay villages here (in our major cities) and it seems the pride flag is being flown over some municipal building all the time.....

We have rainbow cross walks and if anyone complains about them, the wrath of the gay community falls on their heads.....

It's so bad that a community out west in Alberta voted to not have any rainbow or pride flags displayed....people were just getting overly inundated with these symbols and had enough....
Here in BC it is very common to see the canadian flag and next to it a pride flag on almost every elementary school. Its absolutely sick.

Not to mention the change of laws recently that a kid can get hormone therapy without consent from parents.

Here in BC it is very common to see the canadian flag and next to it a pride flag on almost every elementary school. Its absolutely sick.

Not to mention the change of laws recently that a kid can get hormone therapy without consent from parents.
A friend of mine who also a veteran said he stopped into a school where the pride flag was being flown higher than the Canadian flag.....he raised a big stink about that to the principal of the school....on his way back he saw the flags were reversed and the Canadian flag was in the higher position...

Failing religions
Cancel Culture
Feminism
De-masculinity of men

Welcome to our world ! The issues you describe sound like my part of the U.K. ten or fifteen years ago . You wouldn’t want to be here now …….. UNLESS. - you’re retired, in reasonable health, have just swapped your 2002 Gen 1 for a brand spanking new Gen 3 with Yoshi cans. There was a time I would have had a good rant about the issues you raise - but now ? I don’t give a toss ! The world can go to hell in a handcart, and as long as me and mine are O.K. ( Not to happy about this climate change mullarky though - it hasn’t stopped raining here in Northern England since last October ! I can’t remember the last time I saw a dry road. )

My cousin in Calgary tells me a subdivision near hers has been completely bought out by Muslim families and the church was converted to a Mosque. This community will not allow non-Muslim families to move into it and have lobbied to the city council to have broadcasted "call to prayer" during Ramadhan......
I lived in Calgary for a short time back in 2001.... even then Calgarians referred to the north-east section of the city "Brown Town".

Back