The Wave

NCBusa2001

Registered
Been a while since a post on the "wave".

My wife thinks I'm insane at my wave etiquite. I generally wave at ANYONE riding a motorcycle (crotch, hardley, touring, etc).

I never wave at mopeds or scooters. I know that some people ride these because of their choice. However, I would never like to encourage some drunk POS riding a liquor-cycle. Drunk driving is not acceptable and I wouldn't want to give them the impression that there "cool".

One weird quirk I have is I always wave at AMBULANCES. It drives some people nuts though. I figure I want to be nice to people that may be "scraping me up" in the future. I know most of the EMS workers by face and I normally get a "wave" back. I figure it's beneficial to leave a good impression on these fine folks.

Just my $.02,
Chris

Two finger "peace" wave to anyone on two wheels. Cops, Cruisers, Standards, Sport, ST, DS, Dirt, and even scooters (the wife is getting one of the small ones).

If I don't wave, don't get upset.

1. I'm watching traffic in preparation for a move.
2. I'm watching traffic because I see some dimbulb reading the paper at speed.
3. I'm in a curve and watching my line.
4. I was more attentive on something else and didn't see you.

My safety comes well before a wave.

Note: I've noticed that it seems that some people don't wave when in fact:

1. I see a couple of fingers come up off the handlebar.
2. The black glove blends in with the black bike and black leathers (or yellow glove and yellow bike).
3. The other guy was waiting for me to initiate and the delay caused me to miss the reply.

I have yet to get the "my IQ is 1" wave though
smile.gif

Carl

Ahhhh, the wave... I try to give it to everyone (cept scooters... I hate 'em... especially cause of parking on campus
mad.gif
), unless I'm paying attention to something else. Or, if I see someone riding without a helmet that looks like an a$shole, I'll wait for HIM to initiate the wave... then I'll return it. The very, very few times I've given the 1 fingered wave has been at cages. Either messing around with friends, or if I see someone do something really, really stupid/assholeish...

We appreciate waves when in the ambulance or engine. And yes after a couple of times we do remember people who wave! Although we will give the same level of treatment to the a-hole that flips us off too. We just feel differently about the two after they die.
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|justintime2
Reason for Edit: None given...|1124996363 -->

I wave at all motorcyclists.

I think I'll start waving at emergency services too.

Sometimes I'm not waving, I just have a bee in my helmet....

Im a 2 finger "Peace" waver, but sometimes while in a lean and I get a wave, I have had a couple of 1 finger waves come off on accident, never the middle, but could be possibly taken as such.
wink.gif

And funny thing about mopeds is it seems that guys with 2 or 3 DUI's tend to ride em...go figgure.
rock.gif

2 finger peace sign waver here! will be adding police and ambulances to the list.

I wave at most everyone...

I especially wave at the Troopers and other LEO's out there. Figure it's at least wise to show a little bit of respect, maybe help them view sportbikers in a slightly better light. If they don't at least acknowledge the wave? Then I wave really fast like I mean it... Like Freakin Granny from the Hillbilly's... Just to get their goat.
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1124999561 -->

I am a "wave" ho.... I'll wave at anything and everything...
smile.gif

shid I even wave at myself when I go by a store with lots of windows and see my reflection...
blush.gif

I give everyone some love...
cool.gif

All Corvette owners do the wave, it's a 50+ year tradition that's probably been around much longer than the motorcycle wave.

When on my bike I'll wave to all other bikes (including scooters) with the exception of Hardley's. A Hardley owner must wave first in order for me to wave back.

i wave at 2 wheelers, even kids on bicycles who probably appreciate it the most. when i had a Vette the wave was a tradition. i have a jeep now and real jeep people wave. last week i had someone in a ambulance wave at me, hopefully they just liked bikes and didn't expect to see me soon.

I wave my middle finger at anyone who does not wave back. I try to wave first to give them plenty of time to react.

I can almost tell when I am coming on some bikers who are not gonna wave back..still though I give them the benefit of the doubt.

I'm also a 2-finger waver. If I'm tucked in a corner or sitting at a light with the clutch in and can't pull fingers up, I'll give an overexagerrated nod of the helmet to acknowledge them.

One time a Hardley rider waved, then turned it into the 1-finger salute as he passed by. Ticked me off so bad, I flipped a U-ie, ran back next to him, flipped him off then disappeared into teh horizon. That was on the Ninja. Damn I wish I had had the busa then. That moment still scars me. the a$$

I've noticed on the busa most harley's here in NorCal wave first. I guess they reckon they need to respect the beast. I love the fraternity of the bike. Scooters are not bikes. No waves for you scooter. Now get on the sidewalk where you belong.

Been a while since a post on the "wave".

My wife thinks I'm insane at my wave etiquite. I generally wave at ANYONE riding a motorcycle (crotch, hardley, touring, etc).

I never wave at mopeds or scooters. I know that some people ride these because of their choice. However, I would never like to encourage some drunk POS riding a liquor-cycle. Drunk driving is not acceptable and I wouldn't want to give them the impression that there "cool".

One weird quirk I have is I always wave at AMBULANCES. It drives some people nuts though. I figure I want to be nice to people that may be "scraping me up" in the future. I know most of the EMS workers by face and I normally get a "wave" back. I figure it's beneficial to leave a good impression on these fine folks.

Just my $.02,
Chris
I give a "nod" to anyone ona any motorcycle.. which is more than 600 cc!! Anything smaller than that is not worth acknoledging
tounge.gif
:p

Back