RoadLok w/Wave Rotor Problem (Gen1)

flynlow

Registered
Are there any 'tricks' to get the RoadLok to work on a Wave rotor?
Looking through the hole the locking pin goes in, I see 1/2 the hole has rotor in it at the rotors lowest points.
Chief (great guy), has offered a refund. Wish I knew of this problem before I replaced the warped rotor with the Wave.

I surprised that this hasnt come up before. I havent installed my Roadlok yet but I still have the stock rotor. I have considered the getting new rotors but worried abot the same thing. I cant imagine someone hasnt run into the same issue. Hope it works out for you.

I wonder if any one knows factually if you could machine a couple of the grooves wider without hurting the rotor. You wouldn't want to do all of them, but maybe a few offset ones and have to catch it right to lock? :dunno:

I would not do this unless I was sure it would not make it unsafe though. It is better to be safe.

Yeah, it can be done.

Shoot - get a hold of Captain - I wonder if he could laser-cut them...

I think Professor has had a rotor cut...

If it were me...I'd rather have a roadlock than a rear wave rotor.

I'd put the wave rotor up on ebay or in the clasified, take that money and buy
a stock rotor and keep the roadlok...rather have my bike locked up.

No roadlok they take the whole bike and the shiny new wave rotor...

Roadlok rules :bowdown:

just my humble opinion....

Last edited:
My RoadLok worked with my rear wave rotor with no modifications needed! Are you sure it will not work; have you tried rolling the bike back or forward to get the lock pin to engage?

iPhone%20020[1].jpg

My RoadLok worked with my rear wave rotor with no modifications needed! Are you sure it will not work; have you tried rolling the bike back or forward to get the lock pin to engage?

Your Wave looks different then mine! Can't do Pix., but mines #DF307.
I've got the bikes rear in the air(???), so I can spin the tire. Looking through the hole the locking pin goes through, I see 1/2 of my rotor at its lowest points.
Guess that's why it's been said "works with some of the Galfer rotors".
Wish it worked with mine!

Your Wave looks different then mine! Can't do Pix., but mines #DF307.
I've got the bikes rear in the air(???), so I can spin the tire. Looking through the hole the locking pin goes through, I see 1/2 of my rotor at its lowest points.
Guess that's why it's been said "works with some of the Galfer rotors".
Wish it worked with mine!

That is really too bad man, it really is a great product! I hope you find a solution.:beerchug:

No way I'll lose my Waves'! Read to much about their benefits here and elsewhere. Maybe BS, maybe not. In my mind they're a benefit to my safety. Every time I pose the question to myself, "Let me see, Me or the Bike", the Bike loses.

I had a stock rotor cut so it would still allow me to use my RoadLok.

Not the best picture of it but you can see it close enough.

4306.jpg

Sorry Professor, I can't see the Lok on your swingarm. Neat lookin bike though:thumbsup:!
Just finished putting the bike together minus the Lok. Oh well. I was going to add the I900(?) passive alarm anyway. It'll have to work alone.

Sucks that you can't get it tow work. It is a good thing that we have such great sponsors on here and they are willing to give you a refund with no questions asked. :thumbsup:

Sucks that you can't get it tow work. It is a good thing that we have such great sponsors on here and they are willing to give you a refund with no questions asked. :thumbsup:

Still wiping the tears away!
As mentioned earlier I got it through Chief (sponsor). I told him I want to see if it can be made to work, he's wanting to send a return label and full refund! He really stands behind his products and believes in 100% satisfaction.

Sorry Professor, I can't see the Lok on your swingarm. Neat lookin bike though:thumbsup:!
Just finished putting the bike together minus the Lok. Oh well. I was going to add the I900(?) passive alarm anyway. It'll have to work alone.

The rear rotor is what we were talking about. :) That is an extended swingarm, the roadlok goes on with the stock arm and it will work with that rotor. Just another option.

Sorry, but I don't have a picture with the lok and the rotor together.

Why can't you just put a small drill bit through the Roadlok to get a mark on the rotor, then pull the rotor off and have it drilled to fit the pin, maybe even just 1/32"-1/16" bigger in case you center is off a bit on the initial marking? It may sound like a scary deal drilling a rotor but if you just put a single hole in it I can't really see any harm. Just make sure there are no burrs left behind that would damage your pads when you reinstall the rotor. As long as you have a drill press or a local machine shop it would only take a matter of 5 mins to mod the rotor to work with your Roadlok, unless of course there's not enough material on the rotor in the location needed to mate up to the Roadlok.

I had to use a 1/4" reamer to open up each hole...it takes a few minutes and is not that hard to do...as in locate where you need the hole placed

Back