Made in China- Wave Rotors

I'm currently in China setting up manufacturing machines for one of our customers. I've been in Shanghai first this winter and now I'm in Chengdu in the middle of the country.
banghead.gif

If you could see how things are done over here and the general shoddyness of work, not to mention quality not being high on their priority list. There is no way you would considering buying anything from the Chinese other than nail clippers and socks from Wal-Mart, let alone something that stops your bike. These folks have a long and I do mean a long way to go.
rant.gif

These folks have a long and I do mean a long way to go.
rant.gif
I'm inclined to agree.
While I've never seen any specific information on the manufacturing of these Shanghai rotors, there is an abundance of examples of inferior quality products, from Childrens toys to Truck tires.
We've all seen the cloning of Motomaster, AC Delco, Chrysler electronic and brake products. Over and over again incidents of fatal or near fatal accidents are reported in the news directly, relating failure of these products.
There is no reason to believe that the same lack of quality control would be any different.

Both Galfer originally made in Italy and now in California, and Braking also manufactured in Italy, have a proven "Track record". They are superior products that are continuously being improved and evaluated.

Wow POSR! thanks for broadcasting "from the heart of the giant". I think your info qualifies as a "credible post"! Raydog

Because China sucks at everything it does except making and killing babies!

All I know is that you can't beat the price. When wave rotor comes up on my mod to do list. I might be inclined to try them.

I`d not even consider using QUESTIONABLE rotors on my bikes, not because they Chinese. Galfer made in China, Half of Brembo parts made in China as almost everything else.

For those who don`t use Chinese made products in their`s household... I envy you. You must be real rich to afford it.

I don`t believe you wrote this..
Im not a big believer in partial birth abortion
ANY abortion in China is a good thing. People there should be paid for doing vasectomy BEFORE they made any more children.

Earth population increased 50% for the last 20 years. Think about it. 2 more billion people in just 20 years.

I don`t believe you wrote this..
Im not a big believer in partial birth abortion
ANY abortion in China is a good thing. People there should be paid for doing vasectomy BEFORE they made any more children.

Earth population increased 50% for the last 20 years. Think about it. 2 more billion people in just 20 years.
vasectomy is a good idea.

Late to this one...

1. Buy a set if you have the spare cash.
2. Install pair.
3. Find open highway to bed them in and heat cycle them.
4. Perform several panic stops from progressively higher speeds inspecting them at every stop.
5. Tell us what you think.

Not gonna worry about it, may buy a set myself.

Thanks Projekt, The picture doesn't do it justice. It really shines in the sun. Yes I bedded the pads in slowly at first then tested at higher speeds. I've been riding since 84. A lot longer than some of these squids and I got to ride on the Autobahn in Germany back in 87 when I was in the army.

Holy crap! You must be staying in the same hotel as I am.
wowold.gif

Seriously though, I really do wish more Americans could see what things are like over here. It is something else
rock.gif

Outside of making certain things cheaper it makes one wonder if offshoring is really such a great thing.
ohthedrama.gif

Ok enough geo-political discussion. Back to your regularly scheduled 2-wheel posts.

Late to this one...

1. Buy a set if you have the spare cash.
2. Install pair.
3. Find open highway to bed them in and heat cycle them.
4. Perform several panic stops from progressively higher speeds inspecting them at every stop.
5. Tell us what you think.

Not gonna worry about it, may buy a set myself.
Good idea except.....
....if, while performing #4, they fold like tin foil then,

it's unlikely your next of kin will bother with #5.

My Braking rotors just arrived today.
Already got EBC HH pads.
Can you guess what I'm doing tonight?
cool.gif

Back