Roadlok Problems

Temeraire

Registered
I just got my roadlok today, and I was so happy until I put the lock pin in and turned the key and the lock pin didn't come out. I've tugged and jiggled and the only thing I haven't done is spray some WD40 in it. My aunt thinks I should ship it back and get another one, I think it just sounds like the sucker has seized. Anybody else have this problem, and how'd you solve it?

Turn the lock pin while pulling and ensure that you are holding the key all the way open... there is a spring so as soon as you turn the key, the pin should pop out... if you can't get it out, contact Daryl - they will get you taken care of!

It could be that you got the wrong pin... how does it sit in the LoK? Can you post a pic?

05 Busa but the Roadlok's not on the bike

Here's a pic of the offending lock pin.

IMG_0340.jpg

Okay, you have one of the first run Lokpins, take a screwdriver and stick it through the key ring on the pin and try and turn it that way... if it turns, then hold the key in the unlock postion and turn while pulling to get the pin out... if that doesn't work, it is possible that you have the wrong key - though unlikely...

If you have an 05 I have a Replacement I can bring you I have a brand new one sitting here at the house. Just bring me your old one so I can send it back to the RoadLoK guys and I will bring you a new one. Problem Solved.

W00T! Don't worry about coming up Rubber2burn, I got this wacky idea to put it on a tray in the clothes dryer, and let it sit in there on high heat for a bit. Just tugged on it and it popped out.:rofl:

okay, you have one of the first run lokpins, take a screwdriver and stick it through the key ring on the pin and try and turn it that way... If it turns, then hold the key in the unlock postion and turn while pulling to get the pin out... If that doesn't work, it is possible that you have the wrong key - though unlikely...

do not do this!!!

W00T! Don't worry about coming up Rubber2burn, I got this wacky idea to put it on a tray in the clothes dryer, and let it sit in there on high heat for a bit. Just tugged on it and it popped out.:rofl:

Man Just let me bring you a new unit that way you do not have to worry about this it is not that big of a deal

I get that - what I am curious about is the "Do not do this"?

Back