RoadLok worst customer service ever?

Here's the Contact number to the New York office under the Contact link at the bottom. It's not an 888 number but it may be better. (845) 220-2055

So I got a call today from them. I couldn't answer the phone due to feeding my boy but I got a voicemail with him leaving the message that he's only going to be there for a few more minutes and he'll call me in the morning.

We'll see how it goes tomorrow. Funny that I got an email response from them this afternoon (responding to an email I sent on Saturday) and on the voicemail he said he's returning my call from last night... Huh? I called him on Saturday and on Monday. Oh well. Only time will tell.

No mention of a Facebook message nor a post on their wall.

Also roadlok UK got back to me almost immediately this morning and may even be the reason I got the call tonight. :dunno:

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Call him again.. And again, and again. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

It's kind of my point now. I'm not going to call. I called twice left messages, emailed, etc etc. He told me last night he was calling me first thing this morning. It's noon there now, no call.

I'll just keep sharing my experiences with others so we all know what we're getting in to..

Imagine if you were on a trip and you couldn't get your pin out. One week later, you still hadn't heard from them.

Even IF they get back to me and get this sorted out, I'm wondering if I'm going to install it..

Just got the call from a Dennis at RoadLoK. He apologized for the wait, etc and is sending me a return postage label to send the unit back to him. He is assuming that something happened in packaging and I have the wrong keys in mine. If that's the case someone else who buys one is going to have the same problem.

The main issue is that there is no serial number on the lock assembly so 9 time out of 10 he's going to have to send me a new unit instead of just finding the right keys. Kind of a weird design. We'll see what happens but as of right now they are on the right track to fixing the problem.

Fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

The main issue is that there is no serial number on the lock assembly
I think thats by design which is why u shud detach the serial number from the key and why none visible on the unit. im assuming they dont want people seeing the serial number somehow and ordering a replacement key to unlock urs but I wud hope they have fail safes for that.

I would somehow doubt that they have an individual key for every single unit they have sold but maybe im wrong....???

Finally getting around to updating this thread. RoadLok did make it right. I sent my bad one to NY and he (Dennis) confirmed my suspicions of the wrong keys. They sent me a whole new unit in the mail. This one has a different plug design too. Knurled end on the plug. But most importantly, IT WORKS! :laugh:

So I take it all back.

So if anyone has any issues with their RoadLok, they will eventually get back to you and make it right. :beerchug:

Back