Made in China- Wave Rotors

JusPlaynBob

Registered
US $170.00

c664_1.JPG

ba74_1.JPG

gsxr_1300_front_003.jpg

FITS: GSXR1300R HAYABUSA YEAR1999-2007 / GSXR1000 YEAR2001-2002 / TL1000S & TL1000R YEAR1997-2003 / GSXR750 YEAR2000-2003 / GSXR750 SRAD YEAR1996-1999
ROTOR TYPE: SEMI FLOATING
ROTOR THICKNESS: 5MM
DIAMETER OUTER: 320MM
BOLT PATTERN: 90MM
CONDITION: NEW NEVER MOUNTED
QUANTITY: 1 PAIR ( 2 PC)
COLOR: GLODEN

I'm looking at a huge selection of wave rotors recently and have come across these.
They are so tempting.
I can't help wondering why I should pay $300.00 - $569.00, for a single rotor from Galfer or Brembo and alike, when these are available.
Yes I know they're made in China but, what about the quality?
I've checked the feedback on Ebay from these different suppiers and all appears legit.
I'm pretty sure that these are not competition quality but, I believe that they would be a suitable replacment for the originals....
...or are they??

1. Support for the largest communist country's economy.
2. No respect for intellectual property rights.
3. Unknown metallurgy/manufacturing process on something as imortant as brakes.

1. Support for the largest communist country's economy.
2. No respect for intellectual property rights.
3. Unknown metallurgy/manufacturing process on something as imortant as brakes.
1. already a lost cause, you can not (repeat can not) get by without their products in every day life, we have outsourced to the lowest bidder..

2. Not sure about this fact, I have no idea if these are covered under any type of rights to design or if they even infringe on Galphers

3. The only reason I would not purchase these rotors... (safety first)

1. already a lost cause, you can not (repeat can not) get by without their products in every day life, we have outsourced to the lowest bidder..
You may believe it to be a lost cause. I do not. The belief that you cannot do anything about the direction of the economy is a self-fulfiling prophecy. As if communism and a dismal human rights record were not reason enough to boycott Chinese goods, China is our (USA) next main military and economic rival.

Karl

if you ever have a question about the quality of this Chinese stuff, please look no further than the influx of disposable Chinese made scooters and dirt bikes on the market today. Utterly disposable and utterly crap. id much rather run my stock rotors than some questionable Chinese product.

Inferior quality on product. The metal they use is junk mostly.

You may believe it to be a lost cause. I do not. The belief that you cannot do anything about the direction of the economy is a self-fulfiling prophecy. As if communism and a dismal human rights record were not reason enough to boycott Chinese goods, China is our (USA) next main military and economic rival.

Karl
Karl, I totally agree with you, you may be quite conservative (I have no idea) and I quite liberal....we are both United States citizens and just in the past year, foodstuffs from PRC has been poison, paint on toys has had high lead content AND a dangerous drug in it, their human rights record makes Putin look like Mother Teresa, and they have ignored many international copyright agreements....and don't forget the incredible volumes of pollution that spews from that country with quantity trumping environment. So would I install their brake components on my 200 mph motorcycle? I think not. Raydog

'Cause when meet face to face this summer to take pics of the "girls", I'll be giggling behind yer back at the "made from the finest pie plates available" Chinese rotors. (just kidding!)
If they can't keep lead out of children's toys and poisons out of pet food why would you assume the metallurgy is of the highest quality?

as Pop always said, "hookers, booze an bikes, ya get what ya pay for."

cheers
ken

nothing wrong with most chinese products but would not trust their brake rotors, too crucial of a part on the bike to take a chance on. Front rotor failure is imminent death and even if they hold not being able to stop with them if they fail is 80% of your braking power. Yikes!!!!!!
wowold.gif
wowold.gif

wowold.gif

guy i know bought "yanashiki" wave rotors...bolted em on..warped .019 when checked for runout....

enough said....

my galfers are perfect,and have tons of miles on em...

your money,your choice..to me,its a no brainer.....

You see the same thing with Chinese auto brake rotors when i worked part time for Advance Autoparts. Yeah they're alot cheaper, but they warp in no time. Usually in the end, the buyers of the cheap rotors come back and buy the good ones.

The Chinese stuff is junk people. I think Yana Shiki is Chinese, ask GPW about their rearsets.

For the last 15 years, i worked with Chinese suppliers. They cannot do one thing: Ensure quality. They fail, and fail and fail, over and over again. I could write a friggin' book.

Another thing which Chines companies do over and over and over is counterfeit products. Everything from electronics components to software to car engines. They will counterfeit it if they think they can get away with it.

Add those to the myriad other reasons mentioned above and a mountain of other reasons NOT mentioned above, I refuse to buy Chinese-made products unless I absolutely MUST have the item. Even then, sometimes, I'll go without rather than buy Chinese. Additionally, I refuse to buy products from Wal-Mart because they promote so much Chinese junk themselves.

Buy a Chinese-made brake rotor? Not a chance.

--Wag--

I can't help wondering why I should pay $300.00 - $569.00, for a single rotor from Galfer or Brembo and alike, when these are available.

Yes I know they're made in China but, what about the quality?

I've checked the feedback on Ebay from these different suppiers and all appears legit.

I'm pretty sure that these are not competition quality but, I believe that they would be a suitable replacment for the originals....

...or are they??
1: You get what you pay for. This isn't a toy, it's what stops your motorcycle (and you) from hitting something large and immobile.

2: "Quality" and "China" are rarely used within the same sentence. One day, sure; but that country is rife with corruption and cost-cutting. Again, you get what you pay for.

3: Feedback on Ebay? Who actually believes that stuff? Even the Nigerian scammers have positive feedback.

4: Why do you think they'll be suitable? Where's the real, honest reviews of the product? If I'm alone on a canyon road and head into a corner a little too hot, the LAST THING that I want to be thinking is "I hope these rotors work..."

Maybe they're great; who knows. Someone else can be the guinea pig on this one...

Maybe just change one side out at first, at least you'd still have a good Japanese rotor left to stop ya.
cursin.gif

Karl
Well a few years ago I would not say this, however, I am living right smack dab in the middle of "manufacturing" America.. Tens of thousands of jobs have been lost in the few years I have been here...

Unless you have seen the heart of a town or city that is based around commodity based industry, it is impossible to envision how heavily the locals rely on the "employer"

Gas pumps, electrical parts, steel, tires, and just about every other facet of our once vertical economy has been sourced out... Mexico and China now produce many of these items we use..

It has nothing to do with politics.. it is purely financial..

You have to skip over the emotional response and go straight to the facts... labor is expensive in the US..

We ship iron to China in massive quantity as coils, scrap and even raw ore.. It is cheaper to send these items over seas, have them process it into finished products and then re-import to the states.

The rotors for instance... A good pair of rotors is $900 a pair, yet you can buy imported units for $170.. Profit on the cheaper rotors is likely the same percentage as the $900 rotors..

One of the largest employers in the country leverage east and west China to compete for lower pricing on products that you likely have in your home today..

Most importers accept the problem of "quality" and deal with it as it happens, they simply replace any substandard parts/products with a new one and still make a buck...

Most major corporations have relationships with China, it is a necessity to stay competitive..

Not saying it is good or bad, just how it is..

I also saw these and thought that is a hellova price
then saw made in China. Nothing against China but their
track record for quality has been flawed as of late.
I would rather keep my stockers instead of risking my
life and hard earned Mod money invested in my baby on a
questionable safety product. Just my .02

Crap!! I just bought a set for my 08 and my N2O 2000 race Buss
race.gif
. Thought I was cutting a fat hog in the a$$ till I read this thread.They look real good.Race season starts in May.I'll report on how they stop at 160+.Good thing there is a Ambulance at the end of the track.
whistling.gif

Back