If you do wave, then how?

I normally wave to oncoming traffic with clutch hand extended straight out angled slightly down.

But, if I am passing a biker going my direction, I use the clutch hand and hang it over my right forearm with a big thumbs-up symbol.

Finally, if you ever pass a trike, you can give him the three fingered salute (hold up pointer, middle, and ring fingers) this signifies that three wheelers are COo.oOL too.

I also wave to bicycle riders and they usually wave back... Don't ask me why I do this.

S. Florida, 45 with two fingers, and if they dont understand that, its the your #1 sign. I teach all my students teh 45 two finger..

Well when I first started riding the first time I did the waive I just put my arm out and thought it blew off at the shoulder when the wind caught it. And after that time 5 years ago I do the universal down and peace sign. By the way if your going 180 and you throw your arm out I think it would be out of socket.

Well when I first started riding the first  time I did the waive I just put my arm out and thought it blew off at the shoulder when the wind caught it. And after that time 5 years ago I do the universal down and peace sign. By the way if your going 180 and you throw your arm out I think it would be out of socket.
you just have to be ready for it.

I stuck my arm out at 165 and waved to a police officer going the other way... I tightened every muscle before putting it in the slip stream. It was suprisingly easy to hold it out there for a second.

I noticed the harley guys wave real low, must be to catch all the parts falling off the leading bike.

Arm down and out at 45 here in Kansas. I do find it amazing that almost everyone will wave like BT said. In other places, I have been completely blown off by cruisers. Not here. I had a group of 5 pass me today and without exception got waves from them all! Maybe they were just happy to be out ridin'!

Up here in BeanTown. ( That's Boston for some of you )
wink.gif
they do the 45 deg thing.

But......When I was in Hawaii riding a rented Harley I got the Hang Loose sign allot
cool.gif

Back