New wave of smaller bikes

I saw this bike at a nearby dealer. I like it. A retro twin with push rods. It would be a cool 2nd bike.
1586691555607.png

1586691590736.png

Im still itching to test ride an R3
They look cool in person, I saw one a while ago and if you didn't look too close, you'd think it was a bigger bike.

The Honda shop had a CBR300RR, 600 and 1000 in a row all the same color (red and white) and they looked really good.

They look cool in person, I saw one a while ago and if you didn't look too close, you'd think it was a bigger bike.

The Honda shop had a CBR300RR, 600 and 1000 in a row all the same color (red and white) and they looked really good.
I agree and you typically hear I need to get a 1000 because I’m too big for a 600 but from a height perspective they are the same basically the liter bike is just wider thru the tank and frame a bit. But egos keep majority of riders from giving the smaller bikes a look.

I agree and you typically hear I need to get a 1000 because I’m too big for a 600 but from a height perspective they are the same basically the liter bike is just wider thru the tank and frame a bit. But egos keep majority of riders from giving the smaller bikes a look.
I'm too big for them now as well but they are still pretty cool little machines...

Just because I didn’t even have to leave my chair (had book on end table) just for example the 2009 CBR 600 and 1000 are listed with identical seat heights of 32.3” for the casual observer seeing you or I riding either of those down the road there will be no visual difference between the two. The 1000 will spread that legs apart and feel more substantial of course :laugh:

Just because I didn’t even have to leave my chair (had book on end table) just for example the 2009 CBR 600 and 1000 are listed with identical seat heights of 32.3” for the casual observer seeing you or I riding either of those down the road there will be no visual difference between the two. The 1000 will spread that legs apart and feel more substantial of course :laugh:
I'd imagine the 300 is slightly lower. I think the big companies are trying to get some excitement started in these little bikes hoping the younger crowd will get into motorcycling and they are doing a pretty good job at creating that excitement.

I'd imagine the 300 is slightly lower. I think the big companies are trying to get some excitement started in these little bikes hoping the younger crowd will get into motorcycling and they are doing a pretty good job at creating that excitement.
They sure look better than the old 250s and 500s.

WTH is that? People sit around to hear others rev their butt ugly bikes? And what’s with the clutch lever pulling over and over? Someone has to contact one of these guys/girls and ask why? What’s the attraction?:crazy:

WTH is that? People sit around to hear others rev their butt ugly bikes? And what’s with the clutch lever pulling over and over? Someone has to contact one of these guys/girls and ask why? What’s the attraction?:crazy:
I'm glad I'm not only one confused on that. It's annoying as he77 on the phone I can't imagine being there in person! And most of all WHY?!?!?! That's worse than the guys hopping the front ends of their cars 4 feet off the ground

Hi. I know I do not like, but if they do that is cool with me. On the clutch thing they do, it loads the motor and changes the tone to add to the beat of there muzake. If you can call it that. I want to know what is a call out that they talk about?

Not in love with the styling of it but the concept is awesome! Husqvarna Vitpilen 701. Uses the motor from the KTM 690 basically, which is no slouch!
Husqvarna-Vitpilen-701-concept-studio-photos-20.jpg

Back