THE MUST DO KICK STAND MOD!

ok I finally broke down and did it and WOW! What a difference in the sturdiness of the kickstand. Before even with it in gear pushed forward I could still push hard on it from behind and cause the kickstand to knock back. Now that I made the notch it just stays there. I was a little scared at first but I can see how it can prevent a nasty disaster. Once again thank you to all of you for sharing all of your knowledge.

Mike

first thing i did, and i'm happy i listened to you guys
smile.gif

1.jpg

goig to perform this mod as soon as i score another stand off ebay...gonna do it nice...i run wire EDM machines all day....will do an exact cut!!!
then i can lower the front an inch....great tip!!!!

thanks for the idea- great, easy mod that will prevent a serious disaster

Well I finally did it, because I had an extended arm put on and had the bike lowered . I feel alot safer now , I took off about the same amout as Sangai . Here's a pic.

df.JPG

I bought a Trinity billet kickstand off EBay and plan to install it this winter (more like once I get my stand for Christmas
laugh.gif
)

Does any modding need to be done with an aftermarket kickstand? I bought it for the 'bling' factor, the height adjustability since I'm lowering my '03, and I assumed that it would be safer and easier than grinding the stock one down. Just wanted to be sure I didn't have to grind something else too....

npart5_1.jpg

Great suggestion and simple.. Anyone perfected an after-market stand out there guaranteed not to fold??

cheers Iceman will have to do this caught mine twice now after moving it in the garage. Thought the side stand had been deployed but not so..... lucky this time but need to do this to avoid an expensive topple over

The issue with the kickstand is not that the bike doesn't lean enough, it is the fact that they designed it so it doesn't go far enough past center.

I am hesitating with this mod because I don't want it to lean any further, I just want the 'stand to point more forward to prevent rolling off it.

The Harley 'stands have the right idea, when weight is on the 'stand, it cannot contract.

BTW, if you guys think the 'busa's stand is bad, you;ve never seen the crappy afterthought stands that come on Italian sportbikes!
laugh.gif

Blue1

Have an 07. not taking any chances so i did the mod. if you havent done it GO DO IT its easy to do with a dremel. a little at a time till you get it rite.
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

Back