exhast plate holder

birdaprey

Registered
just thought I would share....
I havent seen it done this way before ... just after I lowered the rear of the bike with dog bones I hit a pot hole that caused the tire to hit the plate when it was mounted on the undertail
almost lost the plate  ( I never liked it under there anyway so heres its new location)

new plate holder..... ( I used a 2nd exhaust bracket turned up side down, and made my on bracket to mount to the plate)

as for the race stand I  had to cut and weld in a loop for the  stand to fit around the plate when lifting the bike  I'll get around to painting it next weekend

<!--EDIT|birdaprey
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131327797 -->

Untitled_1.jpg

more

it needed to be horizontal so the law would stay off my back!

I think it truned out just fine... I even have it lighted with light bolts..

<!--EDIT|birdaprey
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131318549 -->

Untitled_2.jpg

last one

I had made one for the swing arm... but the exhaust pipe hit the plate  as soon as I sit on the bike...
so this was my 2nd ideal... this way the plate travels with the pipe and clears the swing arm.

<!--EDIT|birdaprey
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131502993 -->

Untitled_1.jpg

Looks pretty good. Just an FYI, there is a company out there that does make a product that does exactly that. I am sure yours was less expensive though. I can't remember the name of the company, it may have been Texas Fairing or something.

Anyway, nice job.

Can you do it without 2nd bracket? Maybe use some rivets on 1st? Two brackets looks not very clean tho...

I agree with the two brackets thing..

isn't there a way to do it with only one bracket?

and isn't it gonna drag as soon as you hit a right hander with any gumption?

Good point ego....although it'd have to be a pretty agressive turn..

Look at his tire.
He never took it to the edge of this tire. He must be fine the way he ride. If not bracket will bend and scratch the pipe.
I love the idea anyway. and looks good.

looks nice...just hope you aren't too agressive with your right hand turns.....  
wink.gif
not many twisties  in my area....
sad.gif

I've hit what right hand corners we have here and had no problems with its location... ( I've never got a knee down before and more than likely never will
down.gif
 )

<!--EDIT|birdaprey
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131328906 -->

Looks pretty good.  Just an FYI, there is a company out there that does make a product that does exactly that.  I am sure yours was less expensive though.  I can't remember the name of the company, it may have been Texas Fairing or something.

Anyway, nice job.
I looked every where for  one already made but could only find rear peg mounts...( I mounted it like that on top but you couldn't see the plate #'s so I moved it after a day)

cost for this mod. $19.00

<!--EDIT|birdaprey
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131328758 -->

Nice Idea! Because some states don't like or allow the ones like I have, that stays in line with the wheel!

<!--EDIT|Smoke_Dog
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133317781 -->

Back