easy to mod the kick stand

riccoh

Registered
so after I lowered the bike (maybe a little to much) I can see how the kickstand it's not really going to work as stock. so took the dremel out and started working on the stand and jesss it took for ever to get the stand out maybe 1/2 " .... so I get the grinder out, cut about an 1" of the tip and then got the mig welder and place a nice little end to the stock stand and viola.... I think it came out better than just the mod ... pics to follow..

board_25.JPG

I'm glad you did the mod. I was too lazy to do it. I bought an adjustable kickstand instead.

The GM at the dealership that I purchased my K8 has his bike lowered a lot and he said that all he did was heat up his kickstand and bend it until it was where he wanted it. Have not tried it myself but his sure looked good.

IMG_3370a.jpg

the problem wasn't doing the mod, it was that even with the mod I didn't get enough lean and just looking at her wrong will cause her to lean to the right. so i did a bit more work and if I wasn't riding her so much i would just stop and take the pics.... they should be out tomorrow since I just placethe camera in the trunk...
cool.gif

I also cut a section out of my 08 kick stand and welded it back together, then repainted and can't even tell it was touched.

Back