Kick stand Modification not needed

Sirissac

Registered
I see everyone complaining about the kickstand on the hayabusa. All you need to do is shut your bike off while it is in first gear, then rock it forward until the gearing stops you, put your kick stand all the way down and tilt your bike onto the kickstand. It wont fall over, I have done it facing on a slight downgrade.

You may want to reread that post because folks talked about having done that and it still tipped.

If I was you ill do it, it feels a lot safer after it.

busa_stand.jpg

Easy , free , and quick .. A little bit of insurance..

Don't know, I've had my busa since october 04, I haven't done the kickstand mod and have had absolutely no problems. I don't know what everyone else is talking about when they say it'll tip over, but i guess if it'll help you sleep at night their's no reason to not do it. I just have confidence that the engineers who put together the fastest production motorcycle put a kickstand on it that works just fine.
smile.gif

I just have confidence that the engineers who put together the fastest production motorcycle put a kickstand on it that works just fine.
smile.gif
And I would bet if you had not read about the problems here early on you would have dumped the bike by now. Every Busa owner that knows about that POS excuse for a kickstand goes through the paranoid schizo act of:

1) go out of your way to find the most level place to park and if you have to park on an incline make sure you go out of your way again to park it facing up hill.

2) put the kickstand down.

3) kick it foward a few times just to make sure.

4) make sure bike is in first gear and push forward to take slack out of drive line.

5) turn handle bars all the way to left.

6) kick the stand forward one more time.

7) set the bike down on stand.

8) walk 20' away, get that bad feeling inside and then come back to double check on everything and kick the stand forward once again.

9) leave then pray all day long that it's still standing when you get back.

Oh and for different weather conditions don't forget to add parking the bike with the right side facing any strong winds or in the case of a hot day while on ashphalt, search around for an empty pop can to smash and place under that pointy stand.

For my Honda's:

1) park them anywhere I want in any gear including neutral.

2) walk away and never give it a second thought as even a car bumping the rear wouldn't push it off the stand.

I did mine......feels much more secure.

Why WOULDN'T ya do it? It's easy, free, and makes your ride less prone to falling....

Seems like a no brainer to me.

I changed my kick stand to an adjustable one from schnitz... so i really cant comment on the stock kick stand.

Ok ,you got to do all that preparation to put it on the stand !!!!! Do the mod and you wont have to worry....One time you get in a hurry and think its all done and you hear a crash WTF!!! If there is room for human error it will happen to some of us anyway...remember Murphy's Law
bluegrab.gif

<!--EDIT|PsychoJoe
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122826076 -->

paranoid schizo act of:

1) go out of your way to find the most level place to park and if you have to park on an incline make sure you go out of your way again to park it facing up hill.

2) put the kickstand down.

3) kick it foward a few times just to make sure.

4) make sure bike is in first gear and push forward to take slack out of drive line.

5) turn handle bars all the way to left.

6) kick the stand forward one more time.

7) set the bike down on stand.

8) walk 20' away, get that bad feeling inside and then come back to double check on everything and kick the stand forward once again.

9) leave then pray all day long that it's still standing when you get back.

Oh and for different weather conditions don't forget to add parking the bike with the right side facing any strong winds or in the case of a hot day while on ashphalt, search around for an empty pop can to smash and place under that pointy stand.
And I thought I was the only one with this issue - I kid you not, you have my pattern down to a T - except I purchased a kickstand foot that is blaze orange to put under the kickstand....LMAO
blush.gif

I have a far better solution than modifying the kickstand... I never get off my Busa anymore, therefore it can never fall!!!

My girlfriend treats me well, brings me foods and stuff. I am writing this on my laptop, on the fuel tank! I do have arguements with my boss when i come to work tough... Hell, my baby's worth more than a job, no?

jump9.gif

Never had any problems with the sidestand, EVER. Parked anywhere, left in first bike rolled up against the compression... NO PROBLEM....

BUT,

Had the dremel out one day and modded the sidestand anyway. Can't hurt so might as well...

Hello everyone I am new to the site and I have a 2005 red/black busa.  I have had the busa for a month now and had no problems with the kickstand.  Now that I have read that they can possibly fall I will do everything and anything now to make sure the bike is going to stay up.

Never had any problems with the sidestand, EVER.  Parked anywhere, left in first bike rolled up against the compression...  NO PROBLEM....

BUT,

Had the dremel out one day and modded the sidestand anyway.  Can't hurt so might as well...
I have never had a problem either. But then I've always been one of those stand kicking types. I usually stop the bike on the carport open the door and push it in which is a great way to get the stand to sneak up, so I always keep kicking at it.

I think I'll do the mod though. It's easy enough.

I watched in horror from a distance when my wife decided to move the bike forward and of course the stand came up and it started to fall on her. She caught it and held it and she is only 5'2"! I ran up and kicked the stand down. She tends not to go near it now
tounge.gif

Back