Kickstand Question

Youkai

Registered
New to the forums and I am reading about the common problems/quirks with the Hayabusas.  My question is about the kickstand.  I am gonna do the mod, but is the reason for the problem that the kickstand is not fully engaged before getting off of it.  I have read that some people have had their bike fall, was the kickstand not extended fully?  If I always make sure the kickstand is all the way out, will I not need to worry about it falling over?

<!--EDIT|Youkai
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122564349 -->

The stand when engaged does not go far enough forward . So if you make any error while leaning the bike over , or if you park on a bit of a hill the bike may fall . The mod is only a few minutes work .. you are grinding a bit off to let it swing more forward .. Do a search to find this and more .. the search function is at the top left of the page with coloured red blue and green swirlies around it ..
biggrin.gif

But then again there are those of us who do not believe the kickstand mod is necessary. Simple rules of bike tip over prevention: never park with front end pointing down an incline, however slight it may seem. Always make sure that your kickstand is fully down against the stop, then simply pull backwards on the grips a bit before you get off the bike to make sure the kickstand is in the full down position, then dismount. Been doing this since 1978 and have yet to drop a bike.

i make a habit of keeping my toe against the pad of the kickstand while pulling back against the grips. i keep it there until i get off the bike and then do a visual for that angled position. probably will do the mod though one of these days. now watch my bike will fall over tonight,
cool.gif

Haven't done it myself, just always park it in first, roll it forward, and make damn sure that kickstand is down.

Back