Kick stand Modification not needed

Mine was fine till I lowered it, but I did it before lowering it just for piece of mind.

When I lowered it to the last hole, I HAD to go back and remove more to get it to keep from falling over!

3rd hole lowered is like the bike is straight up and down.. dont let your friends ride it if the mod is not done.. my buddie just got his out of paint shop went to track and let his cousin run it.. ran good like mid 9's parked it and watched as it fell... he even tried to save it but he's 5'10" 120 wet. lol anyways its free just do it like "NIKE" says...

has any one cut to much off and cause any problems?

I just did mine and got about 2 inches more forward position,
but am wondering if I cut to much off? could the stand lean to far forward an cause the bolt to snap?

I dunno if your bike is lowered that might create a problem..I park mine just about everywhere and anywhere and had no issues. I read about this mod a while back and just for the heck of it, I left mine in nutural turned the bars to the left. I pushed on the bike and
with some efford I did make it move forward..But on its own it would have never fell..But it doesn't hurt to do the mod I guess..maybe get some rust where you made the cut later on?

<!--EDIT|RonB
Reason for Edit: None given...|1146202651 -->

I've had no problems-and if someone wants to ride my busa they better make sure they do all they can when it comes to her safety. I have not done the kickstand mod (yet-maybe never), but even if I did do it, I would make sure the bike is stable 1000 times anyway-wouldn't save me a bit of time. The minute you take for granted the stand is down is the minute you will watch it fall-just like radar detectors-"I can't possibly get pulled over now"
rock.gif

I just have confidence that the engineers who put together the fastest production motorcycle put a kickstand on it that works just fine. [/QUOTE]
Must have been the accounting department that designed the pos marshmallow brakes/lines that we have all replaced too.
laugh.gif

I have not done the mod and have never had an issue with tip over. I always bend over and lower my stand with my hand, so that I can make sure it is full forward, then pull back on the handle bars as a double check. When she's parked in the garage, I have a steel log splitting wedge that I use to "wedge' against the front tire. So far, so good!

I have not done the mod and have never had an issue with tip over. I always bend over and lower my stand with my hand, so that I can make sure it is full forward, then pull back on the handle bars as a double check. When she's parked in the garage, I have a steel log splitting wedge that I use to "wedge' against the front tire. So far, so good!
Sounds great at home but what about on the road? This mod takes only a few minutes to do, just to keep everyone on the board from saying I told you so.

I did the mod and I push my bike in gear until it catches, but like they say it still can move a little. I have also seen people get on and test bikes while they are parked, people I just don't get them, but they do it. That is why I also have a lock on my bike. When I'm gone from it for any length of time it keeps it in the same spot.

Just got mine last thursday and after reading all the horror stories I will be the grindmaster this evening, would die if I chose not too and then found my bike laying on its side, you would have to be a moron to ignore good advice...
face7.gif

I'm a LAZY bastid. and the last thing I want to do is push a tank of a bike out of a steep parking place.

Park with your tail headed downhill, and you won't have a prob.

Is the kick stand issue a pre-2006 model problem?

I've got an '06 and it seems to be just as stable on its side stand as my other bike. I am always conscious of parking it with the front pointing uphill ... even with my other bike.

Just wondering if Suzuki solved this issue with the 2006's.

1) go out of your way to find the most level place to park and if you have to park on an incline make sure you go out of your way again to park it facing up hill.

2) put the kickstand down.

3) kick it foward a few times just to make sure.

4) make sure bike is in first gear and push forward to take slack out of drive line.

5) turn handle bars all the way to left.

6) kick the stand forward one more time.

7) set the bike down on stand.

8) walk 20' away, get that bad feeling inside and then come back to double check on everything and kick the stand forward once again.

9) leave then pray all day long that it's still standing when you get back.

Oh and for different weather conditions don't forget to add parking the bike with the right side facing any strong winds or in the case of a hot day while on ashphalt, search around for an empty pop can to smash and place under that pointy stand.

For my Honda's:

1) park them anywhere I want in any gear including neutral.

2) walk away and never give it a second thought as even a car bumping the rear wouldn't push it off the stand.
Have you been watching me!!!!
That was friggin beeeeutiful!

Anyone who would not do this mod is rolling the dice.
Mine fell at the DEALERSHIP before they even got it in my truck!

Yep, that made me plently paranoid (heck if these folks, who jack with bikes everyday can drop it, I am toast) and the air grinder was applied before I ever even rode it!

I just have confidence that the engineers who put together the fastest production motorcycle put a kickstand on it that works just fine.
smile.gif
And I would bet if you had not read about the problems here early on you would have dumped the bike by now.  Every Busa owner that knows about that POS excuse for a kickstand goes through the paranoid schizo act of:

1) go out of your way to find the most level place to park and if you have to park on an incline make sure you go out of your way again to park it facing up hill.

2) put the kickstand down.

3) kick it foward a few times just to make sure.

4) make sure bike is in first gear and push forward to take slack out of drive line.

5) turn handle bars all the way to left.

6) kick the stand forward one more time.

7) set the bike down on stand.

8) walk 20' away, get that bad feeling inside and then come back to double check on everything and kick the stand forward once again.

9) leave then pray all day long that it's still standing when you get back.

Oh and for different weather conditions don't forget to add parking the bike with the right side facing any strong winds or in the case of a hot day while on ashphalt, search around for an empty pop can to smash and place under that pointy stand.

For my Honda's:

1) park them anywhere I want in any gear including neutral.

2) walk away and never give it a second thought as even a car bumping the rear wouldn't push it off the stand.
BS tell that to the 700.00 dollars worth of plastic and parts my 2000 Honda Vfr cost me after it fell over in a parking lot ...They all will fall .. The old saying 2 kind of bike owners ,,The ones that have dropped it and the ones that have not dropped it YET...

I'm just a little confused here. Sirissac RIP, correct me if Im wrong, just remembering...
rock.gif
rock.gif

This is what confuse's me - I apologize for wondering.

Last login date: April 19 2006,19:46
rock.gif
rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

still about the kickstand mod?
rock.gif
do it or don't do it, your bike your choice, next......

Back