THE MUST DO KICK STAND MOD!

Gents,
Just a thought, has anyone considered a stiffer spring for the side stand?? I have noticed it doesn't take much to retract it into a precarious position - as in slightly back of center which would result in all sorts of evil happening.

I just did this mod to my new Busa today. I would have never thought about this mod until the first time it fell over. You saved me a big headache and lots of money too.
Thank you so very much.
Dale McClure  (Mad`)

The sidestand mod was the first thing I did after reading this post.
Thanks for the excellent and potentially money saving tip.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Very helpful and easy mod, should save me a lot of $$ and tears!! This post alone has made me glad I joined this forum!

got a quick question:

how do i go about preparing the bike for this:
do i hafta fully take the kickstand off, have someone hold the bike, and do it, do i put the kickstand down and while the bike is resting on it i dremel away, do i have the kickstand up and grind the area: what is the proper way? thanks........

got a quick question:

how do i go about preparing the bike for this:
do i hafta fully take the kickstand off, have someone hold the bike, and do it, do i put the kickstand down and while the bike is resting on it i dremel away, do i have the kickstand up and grind the area: what is the proper way? thanks........
You can't do it with the kickstand down 'cause it gets in the way of the area you're trying to grind.

I did mine by retracting the kickstand and leaning the bike against a wall (with padding), in gear with wheel wedges to stop it rolling.

If you have wheel stands or a center stand you can use those instead.

Or, if you have an assistant they can sit on the bike and hold it upright for you.

I say just don't park the damn thing pointed downhill and you are fine!

Mine is always in gear and I push it forward till it stops (because it's in gear) and it is always parked on a level surface or slightly uphill facing. Never had a problem with the F2 and so far none with the Busa....common sense folks!

I say just don't park the damn thing pointed downhill and you are fine!

Mine is always in gear and I push it forward till it stops (because it's in gear) and it is always parked on a level surface or slightly uphill facing. Never had a problem with the F2 and so far none with the Busa....common sense folks!
The easiest way is to put the busa on a rear stand and remove the kickstand to make it more even....

I agree with the common sense theory however after watching my shytt fall even while it was in gear backed against a curb with the wheel locked I decided to do it.

Now consder this. Busa sits nearly at 90 degrees in relation to the kickstand angle. On hot ashpalt on hot day busa tends to sink in just ever so dantly into the ashpalt.. Angle now changes giving the busa some lean, folding up the kickstand dropping your shyttt...

#2.

Cross wind blows your shytt and jingles it enuff, kickstand folds up shytt falls ova to da other side.

No after watching a total of 7 busa's fall over, mine twice you cannot preach anything other than the mod is BETTER than NOT when it comes to the weight of your wallet!

JD

First post for me. Had an '01 Busa with 14000 miles, but guess I was just lucky to never have it fall...anyway, I don't think I want to take a chance with the '05.

I completed my stand mod a couple of days ago. I've got 3" more of forward sweep than before. I did notice before the mod that it wasn't exactly stable even on an uphil surface. Now it's crazy stable. You'd have to back a car into the forks to get it off the stand now!

Thanks Iceman. I have heard that this happens but, didn't know just where to grind down.

Back