THE MUST DO KICK STAND MOD!

Look everybody, Justintime2 has come out of his shell and is using a different emoticon!  Way to go, big guy.

Also, welcome to 'thepinktaco'.. can't believe i just said that!  nice handle, bro'!!
wow.gif
  too funny!
The emoticons make it way to easy for me to respond! Also once I get started on something it is impossible to get me to stop, so the less typing the better. With that said, Thanks for noticing!  
smile.gif
This mod is right around the corner for me.

Can this mod be done to a chrome kickstand without messing it up. If not. I will have to take al the other precautions.

Did it and it works great! Thanks for the post...
biggrin.gif
Have to say that I've caught my bike a couple of times on the way down --- always wondered what the deal was.. and wondered if there was fix like this... Thought about doing this but I was concerned the kickstand would be weaker for it. It seems just as stable to me, and much more planted when my baby is on it's sidestand.:D
biggrin.gif
smile.gif

biggrin.gif

Hey, if you Dremel it a little more it will <span style='color:crimson'><table style=filter:glow(color=3)>REALLY</table></span>lean.  Like all the way onto the ground when the sidestand snaps off..

<!--EDIT|jaydoc1
Reason for Edit: None given...|1083023531 -->

I'll be doing it soon, had it slip on me the other day and i did NOT catch it..... Sh!%, Fu)(, Da^/....

Nice matching scratches on Smaug now...

Thanks for the info, Iceman.
Told all my 'busa owning friends. One did it today,along with myself and two others planning on doing it tomorrow.
One of those, "Why didn't I think of that" things.
Thanks again.

Can this mod be done to a chrome kickstand without messing it up.  If not.  I will have to take al the other precautions.
..since you are not messing with the kickstand itself, only with the "stops", should be ok.. ..just be careful NOT to dremel too much or you will have to read what jaydoc1 said above..
smile.gif

And what if you dont own a dremel or grinder. What else could you do. I'm by not having to buy these items would there, could there. is there another way?
idea3.gif
I used a grinder myself.
biggrin.gif

Just was <s>quirious</s> ,no no no, curious if <s>there were...</s> , there is a third option.

This is common problem with suzuki i should know as its happend to me. this is my 1 post on the busa sit just like to say thanks for having me aboard.

mine fell once into my lawnmover, dent doctor fixed the tank where it hit, i actually was lucky it hit there. the pipe and the the bar end and the signals would have all gotten it. dent doctor can do amazing stuff....

Give the bike a little push forward and tell us what happens. Or just straighten the bike to check your oil and have it accidently creep forward about 1 whole inch and see what kind of fun ensues. Just make sure there are no small kids around the left side of the bike when you try those experiments.

A properly designed bike can be left in neutral and parked on any type of incline without worries. I simply can't push my Honda CXT's off the kick stand, I can push those bikes forward and the kick stands will dig into the ground or drag along with the bike.

With the POS Busa kick stand, it will flip up if you look at it wrong.

On page 99 of the owners manual there is an 800 number to call for reporting Safety Defects to the NHTSA. I wonder if something would be done if people from this board started bombarding them with phone calls? Hell, from what I've heard it affects most Suzuki bikes in general, get the word out on all Suzuki web sites.
For those of us who have already been boned by having to fork out $1000 for overpriced body panels it won't help much, but just the thought of Suzuki having an investigation opened on them and possibly having to correct their screw up would be worth it.

I've already complained to Suzuki about it on their satisfaction survey...think I'll try the NHTSA too.
1-800-424-9393

OK, your right! I did the test and with a little push (bike not in gear) it would have gone over!!!!
But I have one question before I do this mod. How deep do I make the two cuts? Everyone says just so it leans over more. I have done a lot of wood and some metal work, so too deep and that nice hard stand could snap off one day! So I am just curious how deep (into the stand) you guys went. 1/32", 1/16", 1/18", 1"
rock.gif

It does not take much grinding to make a huge difference. Take a real close look at where the kickstand actually makes contact with the metal stop and you will see where to grind off a small amout of metal off of the kickstand. A small amount of grinding there will translate into allowing the stand to moving forward a bunch to make it much more stable. On my 2004 I only needed to grind in one spot to make the modification.

Great ideea Icemann!!! As far as the strenght of the stand issue I think that we won't have any problems.The stands are rated to hold 4 times the weight they do(safety reasons).If everybody is doing the mod with a little common sense,shouldn't be any problems.
I'll do mine and if something happens I'll let everybody know.

Back