THE MUST DO KICK STAND MOD!

Did the mod yesterday. I did the "nudge from behind" test, and it works much better. Before, it would roll off the stand and start to fall. After, the bottom of the stand drags on the ground, but stays in the full down position.Thanks, ICEMANN.

Sounds like a good mod to do this weekend, have little ones running all over the place last thing I need is for a bike to fall on them, Thanks Icemann

I was wondering same as others here how much is good enough? Is the nudge from behind test a good one to gauge when you are about right. eg: grind a little bit then stand over the bike and have someone give it a little push from behind and if the stand doesn't try to go up then I should prolly not grind anymore?
Thanks,
Jay

I took about 1/8" off mine and it made it more stable.

It's not just the wind/hill/oil change/kids that's the problem however...

If you really want peace of mind, get a center stand and a bike alarm. Both will help when idiots try to sit on your bike when you're not there to beat them for trying...
mad.gif

Give the bike a little push forward and tell us what happens.  Or just straighten the bike to check your oil and have it accidently creep forward about 1 whole inch and see what kind of fun ensues.  Just make sure there are no small kids around the left side of the bike when you try those experiments.

A properly designed bike can be left in neutral and parked on any type of incline without worries.  I simply can't push my Honda CXT's off the kick stand, I can push those bikes forward and the kick stands will dig into the ground or drag along with the bike.

With the POS Busa kick stand, it will flip up if you look at it wrong.

On page 99 of the owners manual there is an 800 number to call for reporting Safety Defects to the NHTSA.  I wonder if something would be done if people from this board started bombarding them with phone calls?  Hell, from what I've heard it affects most Suzuki bikes in general, get the word out on all Suzuki web sites.
For those of us who have already been boned by having to fork out $1000 for overpriced body panels it won't help much, but just the thought of Suzuki having an investigation opened on them and possibly having to correct their screw up would be worth it.

I've already complained to Suzuki about it on their satisfaction survey...think I'll try the NHTSA too.
1-800-424-9393
Maybe we need to get lawyered up and start a class action suit....

Did the mod to mine today....

The guy I bought this bike from just replaced the front fairing,left side,dyno cover and left mirror, because of the kickstand folding up..He turned it into his insurance co..

According to the picture the kickstand gets the mod. but reading some of the posts, some have done the stops. which is the best to do?

IM NOT SURE WHAT WILL COME FIRST MY BIKE FALLING OVER OR ME DOING THE KICKSTAND MOD. BETTER GET MY ACT TOGETHER AND DO THIS KEY MOD. SIMPLE AND FREE AND USEFULL.
sad.gif
THANX FOR THE RAMIND I FIRST HEARD OF THIS 2 YEARS AGO ON THIS SITE. BY THE WAY THE BEST SITE IVE SEEN ON BUSAS TODATE!
sad.gif

sad.gif

I took some off but still not sure how much, anyone have a pic of there mod so I can see other than the push test. If you push hard enough it will fall, but then again any bike would.

just did the stand mod. and it does give the bike more lean.
love those free mods**********
smile.gif

Don't know if they changed anything after 2000 but I try 'd pushing my baby forward in gear with the stand down. The stand moved back a bit but when the bike stop 'd due to it being in gear the bike was still stable. i couldn't push it down. I am the original owner of this 2000 busa and of course i did this with extreme caution.

I read this tip a while back and I was one of the "No, not me" crowd. I've dropped mine TWICE, and my left fairing has the scratches to prove it. Not only that, the bike fell on me both times while I was doing the studly helmet removal in public routine. The left passenger peg bracket broke off the first time and I think it broke off on my right knee. The second time it got my left thigh. Trust me, it hurts in more way than one. One tip: make sure you keep the stand lubed. I sprayed some chain cleaner on mine to degunk it, and I forgot to relube it. It was my fault, but the stand did not flip fully forward without the lube (without pushing it fully forward with my foot). The mod sound like a good idea now. Also, I talked to some guys who lowered their bikes, and you just about have to do it to make a lowered bike stand up.

i did mine friday night. didnt reall notice a difference in lean angle.. but as long as it works i dont care.

If tipping over is such a slam dunk...How could this possibly be even remotely overlooked or ignored by suzie?

Back