THE MUST DO KICK STAND MOD!

Never had it fall yet just take your time. Changing my kick stand anyway to a custom. I'll take my chances.:thumbsup: Good seeing you post up, where you been Ice?

I dont know if it has been done yet on mine.If not I am going to do it today. Thanks guys,I dont want to have to pick it up off its side.:beerchug:

It's always so interesting to consider how each 'busa owner 'handles' their own bike...we find something we like and share it with others. Only, each bike can be so individual not everyone can really 'see' what we're talking about. This is an excellent mod for any 'busa owner, especially those who have lowered their ride (I kinda like the better safe than sorry when it comes to taking care of my equipment!).

I've owned my '07 over a year and after the first month I realized I was going to have to address the different parking circumstances I would encounter with the stock stand position and a lowered machine. Your picture detail is perfect, Iceman, and after I did this mod, I don't get freaky-zoids about walking away from my scooter thinking, "If that big guy farts, I hope I'm fast 'nuff to save 'er from the raspberries!" (Please see this as an attempt at humor, no offense meant!)

Excellent suggestion!:thumbsup:

Did they change this on the GenII models? Mine doesn't seem like it would fall over very easy and I mostly park face up on an angle and lock the steering.

Re: THE MUST DO KICK STAND MOD!

Patent that, my 08 fell at the pump when it was only a few days old. After I had thought, that kickstand doesn't look like it goes forward enough, nah, must just be me. Happy I'm not a complete idiot.

Did they change this on the GenII models? Mine doesn't seem like it would fall over very easy and I mostly park face up on an angle and lock the steering.

Frame is the same for Gen1 and Gen2. Kickstand is also the same. mod is a choice. A Free" choice.

Good Luck!

Had my 07 on the rear stand last week so grabbed the Dremel and did the mod. Must have taken 5 minutes and much more stable afterward. An easy and worthwhile mod.

hello

Did the kickstand mod 2 days ago. my bike nearly tipped over on the first day i bought it.we were standing next to it so we could catch it but i was like ......no!!.anyway i saw this mod and used it.the bikes more stable now on the kickstand.excelent !.this mod was don on a 07'Busa. thanks for the tip !:bowdown:

Yup im lowering my bike tomorrow and while im down there im doing this just to make sure it doesnt fall. Ive had it for over 2 years now and it hasnt fallen b/c of the kickstand yet, but im not taking any chances after i lower her. Thanks for posting this.:thumbsup:

has anyone with an 02 had a problem with their kickstand not working right? and having it fall over?

YES!!! I am lowered 1" and stretched 6" and bike stood almost straight when on stand. I cut kick just below the knob and removed distance to foot then reattached now works great with a great lean.

This is for the NEWBIES! *When parked and on the side stand, Your busa WILL fall on it's left side while your looking at it. *You will say, no not me, I leave it in gear, I push it farward, etc etc etc.. *The nature of the beast with the flaw in the side stand your bike is going to fall. *With that someone (dont know who) came up with this mod.

Take a dremel or grinder and make a small grind in the face of the kickstand to allow it to travel forward more. *This slightly changes the lean angle and puts more ummph oh the side stand. *In turn this prevents the dredded fall over.

YOU ARE GRINDING THE KICKSTAND ON BOTH SIDES, NOT THE STOP PLATES ON THE "MOUNT"!

"HOW MUCH DO I REMOVE?" Anywhere from ½ the thickness of the "stop" plates to the thickness of the stop plates as seen in yellow is more than enuff. Much more you might lessen the integrity of the stand itself but I doubt it. Little by little, and try fit it!

<!--EDIT|ICEMANN
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120404705 -->

Did this to my bike just today and man oh man what a difference now if a big gust of wind comes by my bike won't topple over. I was worried because I had it lowered to fit me and the kickstand was to long. Thanks for the 411 it really works!!!!:bowdown::thumbsup:

A great post and a simple mod. I have not dropped a bike off a stand, but I did this right after buying my bike. No sense risking a good thing!

Back