THE MUST DO KICK STAND MOD!

another idea ...rather than leave the bike in gear you can get an old pushbike inner tube & cut a 2" section out of it & put it round your front brake lever/handlebar to lock the front brake on....just a thought
thumb_up.gif

Put it in first, push it forward hard until all of the slack is taken out of the chain. Pull in the brake lever at full forward bounce to hold it there. Hold the kickstand at full forward while holding the front brake, until it's on the ground. No more problems.

Park with the front on an elevation whenever possible.
Any amount is better than none.

Absolutely the best Mod...................Period.

Re: THE MUST DO KICK STAND MOD!

Good idea! I wish I had been aware of the problem BEFORE it fell (with ~100 miles on the clock). Too bad there isn't a mechanism to get this info out through the dealers, or better yet to the manufacturer. I had never had a bike roll of the stand, never want it to happen again.

Had mine since April of 05. 29000 miles. No kick stand mod. No falls.

I'll raise you a "it's been lowered two inches", 5 years old, no falls due to a faulty stand...no kickstand mod...just watch where you're parking it :p

i have an 08 and it fell with 800 on the clock. you've all prolly seen the posts. anyhow im going to do the mod. ive been riding for 10 yrs. mostly honda bikes. never once had a problem. 3 other bikes never a problem. i always put my foot behind the stand and roll bike back to ensure full lock but the busa still fell over. after close observation the stand was in a small hole in driveway. didnt see it at 6:00 in the morning and walla....damaged bike. however i got a full system and other goodies out of the deal.

good judgement and kickstand mod = very stable bike....thanks guys.

I guess that is why I overpaid for an under-engineered, under powered, slow POS motorcycle.:poke: Harley Haters.:laugh:

I park the Busa like the others have said and never had a problem. My Harley Stand locks. Nice feature.:whistle:

I found out about this too late. 100 miles on my new 08. Boohoo. I wrote American Suzuki about it, and they have requested more info. Maybe this defect will get fixed with some structured input.

I found out about this too late. 100 miles on my new 08. Boohoo. I wrote American Suzuki about it, and they have requested more info. Maybe this defect will get fixed with some structured input.

It's not a defect...you just need to know how to safely park your bike :rulez:

You tell em Rich! Having over 27,000 miles on mine I've never had a problem with the sidestand.

Sorry guys I did not read the whole thread. I had parked my bike in the garage after taking a trip around town and decided to move it forward a little bit more. Not touching the kickstand, as I got off the bike, it started to tumble. Luckily I took most of the weight and the stator cover is scratched a bit. Is this caused by the 'defect'? Or was it something that I must of done? I had it parked the same way I always park it. ???

Wait you didn't want to read the whole thread,but you want someone to repeat what is most likely here? Dunno about most,but if I was in a thread that was specific on a problem on my bike that already caused damage to my bike. I would take time to read it all. :laugh:

Tech it's not a Defect. It wouldn't of lasted in production this long. Just a little preventive to help that happen to your bike. So the repair bill is paid from your pocket.

Nah I'm fine. No repair bill here. I would still like to know why it fell in the first place but thanks anyways

Last edited:

Dam I guess I wish I would have seen this earlier this fall
My O6 limited fell over just as I was putting it away
for the winter . The fall broke off part of the clutch
lever, scraped up the left fairing, gouged up the lower
engine cover and dented up the yoshi .
Pissed me right off. now I need parts
:banghead:

Hey all, New to the forum, not bikes... though I just picked up a nice 03 busa. Question, does anyone know of an aftermarket center stand for busa's?

Thanks

Back