Test fit of my screaming eagle pipes!

(Vic_E55_2001 @ Sep. 09 2007,17:40)
(GPW @ Sep. 09 2007,18:30) I'm sorry but why...............I'll give you a set of pipes at cost to help you out.
Take him on this offer.  
laugh.gif
+2

Well, I can't say I care for the look, but they do sound good. Sounds like a racecar when you rev it.
super.gif

interesting...different...if you like it bro, then stick with it. I have cruiser grips on my busa, so I can't really knock you for putting cruiser pipes on.
beerchug.gif

If you're happy with them, then be happy and the heck with it. I don't like the look, but I love the sound.

My U-Bend piece should be in tomorrow. I'm going to start the mockup of the custom bend to tuck them in a bit. Then I can mount em for good.

After that I will take some more pics.

You get a vote from me, I like the looks and love the sound.
cool.gif

(BowDown @ Sep. 13 2007,14:41) My U-Bend piece should be in tomorrow. I'm going to start the mockup of the custom bend to tuck them in a bit. Then I can mount em for good.

After that I will take some more pics.
Any way to shorten them? they would look better if they were about half as long, maybe?

Custom self made=
beerchug.gif

Not without re-chroming them. If I was to open them up I would put a different baffle in there. I like the length.

Just hope that I can get them tight enough not to move. There's no real good place to attach them to the bike for additional support.

it does sound like the brokes mega phone but personally i dont care for the driving sound too much but the idle sounds pretty sick

Have all the parts just waiting for the perm install. Tomorrow or Wednesday after work I'm getting a helping hand getting them mounted up.

Thinking of painting them flat black (high temp). Not sure yet.

Progress is a bit slow. We used the U-Bend to mock up a pipe that I ended up taking to Cole Muffler and had them bend/swell me up a pair. They fit good!

Just need to slot the swelled end for a clamp, trim the length back, cut the stem off the muffler, and then weld it onto this elbow piece. Also going to look at making a flat stock bracket for each muffler.

Once I can get back on it, it should go pretty quick.

0926071826.jpg

Pipe is a bit lower than this pic makes it out to be.

The outlet of the muffler will be right here the axle nutt is.

0926071827.jpg

I showed my girlfriend the pic, while laughing, she says 'where's this guy from?' and said it sounded rediculous.

I am in agreement with her comments.

If you want it to look bad, I suggest you walk around your bike with a 4 pound hammer for a couple of minutes. To make it sound bad, use said hammer to knock the cans off.

(kaosccw @ Sep. 27 2007,20:57) I showed my girlfriend the pic, while laughing, she says 'where's this guy from?' and said it sounded rediculous.

I am in agreement with her comments.

If you want it to look bad, I suggest you walk around your bike with a 4 pound hammer for a couple of minutes. To make it sound bad, use said hammer to knock the cans off.
pissed.gif

Although I won't lie to you and say I care for either the sound or the look - I'll at least commend you for trying something new, putting it out on the org, and then putting up with our snide comments so well.
beerchug.gif

It's your bike - do what you want.

Back