Anyone looking for a loud exhaust?

sully

Donating Member
Registered
I've had the new brock streetmegaphone on for about a week now and decided to run it at the track last saturday. The kit comes with a removeable baffle so you can run it with open exhaust. I liked the way it sounded with the baffle in, you can hear a good cam lope at idle and it is plenty loud when you are in the throttle but not so loud you will be getting a ticket around town. It ran about a 1/10th faster with the brock pipe verses the yoshi pipe that was on it. I was talked into taking the baffle out after the first couple of races and believe me when i tell you that these bikes can be loud. It was every bit as loud as the promod race car that was testing that night and the bike sounded like it had a big cam in it at idle. It did run the best time of the night without the baffle in at 6.48 in the 1/8th at 112. My reaction time need help at a sleepy average of .700 and a week 60ft average of 1.7 the time comes from the back half of the track. I still haven't tuned in the autoshifter so i was foot shifting, I see 6.30's in my near future after an extended swing arm and some time on the tree.

I am very impressed with the new pipe and will recommend it to anyone who spends time at the dragstrip. Great power and sound.

How 'bout a pic, and how much bodywork has to be sacrificed? Is this the sidewinder, or the tilted up lookin' one? I'm needing to get rid of my crappy Yosh too, just can't decide between Muzzy, BigBird or Brock's Sidewinder.

How 'bout a pic, and how much bodywork has to be sacrificed? Is this the sidewinder, or the tilted up lookin' one? I'm needing to get rid of my crappy Yosh too, just can't decide between Muzzy, BigBird or Brock's Sidewinder.
Muzzy makes a street megaphone
smile.gif

http://www.muzzys.com

<!--EDIT|rfalexandre
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121231902 -->

I'll try to get a pic up tonight but i am leaving the country for a month so it may take a while. This is the one that comes like a stock exhaust but is even shorter than the muzzy. It uses the GEN3 header and mid pipe and a the megaphone can. It is on brockracing.com if i don't get it up before i leave. I have heard the muzzy version and it doesnt even come close to the brock IMO. Muzzy makes a great product but brock has this one by a lot.

Yeah, I've seen and heard the Muzzy on a ZRX, not impressed at all.......
Thanks for the description, Sully, I know which one you mean. I'm thinking sidewinder though, I could not care less about turning corners.

The sidewinder and the streetmegaphone use the same can just the headers are different. I don't care much about turning either but i didnt want to cut my plastics for the exhaust.

sully,what was your mph with the yosh vs hindle,were there any other changes made at the same time ?

i kind of like that muzzy meg but 962 bucks is pretty steep

<!--EDIT|chevelle
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121251326 -->

the brock street megaphone kit looka a little better than the muzzys you can see it on his site. I was gonna get on in the off season question can you roll them without the baffle on the street?

Brown I'll go half if you promise to get ride of that damn yoshi
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

is there any hp gain with the megaphone... in comparison to a regular 4-2-1 exhaust system
rock.gif

...example do you think the muzzy megaphone will output more hp than the full titanium system?

Interestingly enought i lost two MPH in the 1/8th but gained a full 1/10 of a second. I was not launching as hard as i usually do since i am trying to save my clutch for the rest of the summer. If i hammered it like usual i prob could have easily been closer to a 6.40. My previous best with the full yoshi system was a 6.58 at 114. I called Brock before heading out to the track to see if he saw any problem with driving it on the street with the baffle out and his only negative comment was that it would be crazy loud but would do no damage to the bike.

945 for complete pipe and 450 for the mega phone if you already have a gen 3 exhaust...been window shopping
blush.gif

Just got mine dyno'd again, base map before the tuner started to tweak it, with the PC3 pulled off and the only performance mods being the box mod, brock exhaust cam (ape sprockets), pair valve and megaphone exhaust it made 171hp. Pulled out one of the spark plugs and found out that all of them are fouled out and will be replaced. PC3 goes back on in the morning and the tuning will begin. I expect somewhere in the range of 178 to 180, the tuner said he was suprised to see it run those numbers only having an exhaust cam and full race exhaust. I figuire if i can get to 180 RWHP on motor and then spray it then i can forget about the turbo. I'll see about posting the new numbers when it gets done.

Just got mine dyno'd again, base map before the tuner started to tweak it, with the PC3 pulled off and the only performance mods being the box mod, brock exhaust cam (ape sprockets), pair valve and megaphone exhaust it made 171hp. Pulled out one of the spark plugs and found out that all of them are fouled out and will be replaced. PC3 goes back on in the morning and the tuning will begin. I expect somewhere in the range of 178 to 180, the tuner said he was suprised to see it run those numbers only having an exhaust cam and full race exhaust. I figuire if i can get to 180 RWHP on motor and then spray it then i can forget about the turbo. I'll see about posting the new numbers when it gets done.
171 - 180 ... those are some seriuosly interesting numbers for exhaust.

well, i guess it was foolish to think that it would gain anymore HP from getting the PC3 back on and a custom map... After all was said and done it is still at 171 but it builds the power lower in the RPM range and pulls hard all the way to the newly extended redline of 12,600. It is crazy how much stronger it runs now. Peak HP doesn't matter to me as much as where it builds its power and for how long. The tuner is going to email the dyno results to me later (his printer was down) and i can post it up when i get it. I'm happy with it.

Back